Morning all, well I think we've more or less put the Bus Bar debate to rest, it has been fascinating to read so many differing opinions on such a basically simple subject, clearly if all of us were in one Club and building a Club Layouts it would take longer to sort out the Bus Bar wiring system than it would to decide on a Track Plan or whether it was going to be GWR or LMS.

On the other subject of wives and new items, mines fine and content with what she has, it must be my calming influence.

Back tonight.

• Like 8

belated HAPPY NEW YEAR.....I had planned to try and catch up on the thread, then thought .......naaaaaaagh........far too time intensive......

quick question......do we have any scenery yet?????

:angel: ......

and Bodgit...I do believe she is fine and content with what she has.......that would be YOUR credit card details....... :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh too true, she keeps going on about a new bathroom at the moment, nothing wrong with the not so old one.  The tin bath has got no holes in it and the outside loo is cosy :jester:

Why do they buy so many gadgets that they deem as being the best thing since sliced bread, then they never see the light of day again once they are out of their packaging :scratchhead:

I just go with the flow on such things, I wouldn't want to jepodise spending on my hobby. I seem to remember Andy doing a fair bit on the kitchen before building a big shed.

Don

• Like 1

belated HAPPY NEW YEAR.....I had planned to try and catch up on the thread, then thought .......naaaaaaagh........far too time intensive......

quick question......do we have any scenery yet?????

:angel: ......

and Bodgit...I do believe she is fine and content with what she has.......that would be YOUR credit card details....... :jester:

Hahaha Cheers Jazy thing, We definiately DONT SHARE, Credit Cards,, what's mine is mine..

And no scenery as yet,

BUT A HAPPY NEW YEAR BACK TO YOU LOT.

Are you going to Stafford? I will be on my old Deesdale Road Layout on the Saturday.

Edited by Andrew P

I just go with the flow on such things, I wouldn't want to jepodise spending on my hobby. I seem to remember Andy doing a fair bit on the kitchen before building a big shed.

Don

Agh yes Don but the Old Kitchen had no working cooker, leaking sink drain, no hot water, and leaking Taps, so yes I felt a bit obliged to get that done before the Potting Shed.

• Like 1

Its arrived, yes its the Hugh Flynn's FTG Models SPA Steel wagon in Railfreight Red, and its STUNNING. It will need a little weathering later on. 

This will run with my Blue Period Diesels.

post-9335-0-18067600-1420657959_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66596800-1420657978_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58332400-1420657993_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74696200-1420658005_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44838300-1420658022_thumb.jpg

And the Chequer Plate detail inside is just SCEAMING out for some tasty weathering.

post-9335-0-97760400-1420658101_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78776000-1420658122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Hahaha Cheers Jazy thing, We definiately DONT SHARE, Credit Cards,, what's mine is mine..

And no scenery as yet,

BUT A HAPPY NEW YEAR BACK TO YOU LOT.

Are you going to Stafford? I will be on my old Deesdale Road Layout on the Saturday.

what date?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I fitted a new kitchen a few years ago and needed to change the position of the cooker socket and put in a new ring main.  The fuse box is near the front door and kitchen at the back of the house, so while the floor boards were up upstairs I decided to put in a seperate 45amp cable just for the cooker as well as the 30amp ring for new sockets.  The new cooker arrived and it was fitted with a 13amp plug.  :banghead:

Mick,

I have seen this in a house as well ... when asked about it the owners said that it kept blowing the fuse - perhaps they did not want to admit who wired it all up - so they used the take-away just across the road!  Subsequently on checking we found out that whoever had 'fitted' the kitchen did not seem to know the difference between live and neutral terminals .  It all needed replacing.

Peter

Edited by PeterBB

Glad we're back on model railways, all the talk of kitchens and bathrooms reminded me that I have to reconfigure our kitchen before the new French doors arrive. Moving the units and the plumbing is no problem, it's chasing the walls for the socket/cooker wiring I'm not looking forward too.

Ray.

Edit - spoke too soon.

Edited by tender

Glad we're back on model railways, all the talk of kitchens and bathrooms reminded me that I have to reconfigure our kitchen before the new French doors arrive. Moving the units and the plumbing is no problem, it's chasing the walls for the socket/cooker wiring I'm not looking forward too.

Ray.

Edit - spoke too soon.

Evening Ray, I'm looking forward to seeing Polly and yourself at Stafford, I hope were close by, then at least I can slip away from Deesdale Road for some SANITY, hahhaha

Its always a cold place when your moving around, so goodness knows what its like just standing behind a Layout for two days.

That's nice to see. Didn't realise Bitton was going to morph into the diesel period as well. I've got one of Hugh's SPAs as well and it's a lovely little wagon. Might get another two or three to keep it company. I've found that the Harburn Hamlets wire coil load fits perfectly and as I've got four of those it would be rude not to have the wagons to carry them in.

The Class 25 looks right at home.

Don't forget, if you run in the preservation era you can have a nice Coal sector Class 31 as well.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

That's nice to see. Didn't realise Bitton was going to morph into the diesel period as well. I've got one of Hugh's SPAs as well and it's a lovely little wagon. Might get another two or three to keep it company. I've found that the Harburn Hamlets wire coil load fits perfectly and as I've got four of those it would be rude not to have the wagons to carry them in.

The Class 25 looks right at home.

Don't forget, if you run in the preservation era you can have a nice Coal sector Class 31 as well.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus, I will be running Bitton as though it never closed, and so I will be running into the Blue Period, and possibly beyond. I have a nice pair of Sound 20's, the 25, plus a 33, 31, 37, a pair of 47's and a sound Peak so that's a start and some Railfreight stock plus there will be some block traffic as well as the 16T Minerals and Parcels. 

post-9335-0-03218900-1420668415_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61671800-1420668466_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18773400-1420668746_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48324500-1420669323_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19463000-1420669761_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69737900-1420669883_thumb.jpg

plus more

Could even go to EWS one day, ahhahha

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

I do like those polybulks (in N for me but still very nice) but my wallet hates them. In fact it battens down the hatches like a storm is coming and sits rocking in the corner waiting for the dawn. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Marcus, I will be running Bitton as though it never closed, and so I will be running into the Blue Period, and possibly beyond. I have a nice pair of Sound 20's, the 25, plus a 33, 31, 37, a pair of 47's and a sound Peak so that's a start and some Railfreight stock plus there will be some block traffic as well as the 16T Minerals and Parcels. 

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 040.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 131.JPG

attachicon.gifMasons Lane even more pics 069.JPG

attachicon.gifEaster Open Weekend 2014 086.JPG

attachicon.gifKingsmill 1492.JPG

attachicon.gifKingsmill 878.JPG

plus more

Could even go to EWS one day, ahhahha

Like my namesake.

:spruceup:  Pollybulk   :tender:

• Like 2

So I did manage to get some bits done today, not as much as I would have liked, but I have laid some of the line through the Platform and the Downs Trailing Point.

I did the up Line this morning, and then left it to dry for about 3 Hours, and then I used that as a template and Track Gauge for the Down line.

post-9335-0-27006800-1420734789_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96247000-1420734811_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27630300-1420734833_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41211700-1420734851_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71364300-1420734869_thumb.jpg

Next job is the Down Platform. or the rest of the lines, but I'm out for Lunch at the Lakeside Restaurant tomorrow so not much will get done now until the weekend.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

TBH mate Im thinking of stopping following the topic as I spend half my time deleting post notifications from my inbox!

If you 'follow' and have email notifications 'only when not online' and do not sign out when you shut down your computer you never get notifications.

• RMweb Premium

Good progress, Andy. The curved platform is nice - and I'll have similar on KL2.

Even some hints of open-top baseboard construction to the rear....

Enjoy your cordon-bleu meal!

Jeff

• Like 1

Good progress, Andy. The curved platform is nice - and I'll have similar on KL2.

Even some hints of open-top baseboard construction to the rear....

Enjoy your cordon-bleu meal!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I used both the Peak and the 9F plus the Mk1 coaches to ensue a small but safe clearance to the Platform, and once its built you wont see that side anyway, unless your swinging from my Chandeliers.