Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Premium

Warning Smug git mode

Funny I should post that this morning. I trip to Morrisons was required. 88 was backing (well forward actually as it was to run tender first) onto a train. How many of see a 7F in steam just popping down to the supermarket.  :sungum: :sungum:

Don

Sadly I dont take the camera to the supermarket.

Hi Don

Camera on yer dog and bone :scratchhead:

Hi Bodge,   Will you be running much ex-GWR locos through 'Bitton' ?

George

Hi Mate, there was a fair proportion of Ex GWR on the Line, mainly Panniers, Prairies, and Westerns plus the Razor Railcars, so it will be a nice mix for a Midland Line and that was the reason I chose the Line.

Bodge.

• Like 3

Warning Smug git mode

Funny I should post that this morning. I trip to Morrisons was required. 88 was backing (well forward actually as it was to run tender first) onto a train. How many of see a 7F in steam just popping down to the supermarket.  :sungum: :sungum:

Don

Sadly I dont take the camera to the supermarket.

I don't think I've ever seen a 7F, so your a very lucky chappy.

Bodge.

I would say I am jealous but on a regular basis, I get to see the Austerity, Black Five and 4F on the K&WVR, sometimes unintentionally :)

Still NOT SEEN an Austerity or a 4F yet either, I really must get out more,hhahha

Bodge.

Still NOT SEEN an Austerity or a 4F yet either, I really must get out more,hhahha

Bodge.

Don't you dare start going out you have too much to live up to in the potting shed sooooooooon!

I was lucky to drive the 2-10-0 Austerity at Loughborough on an experience day, I know it was a repatriated Greek or Egyptian job but with 90775 on the side it really looked the part. The driver was convinced I had driven a steam loco' before, when I told him I had he replied 'I knew it I can tell'. When I told him it was 45530 'Sir Frank Ree' from Glasgow Central to Polmadie he was quite astounded as my efforts were 'apparently' as good as his. Loved every minute!

• Like 3

Don't you dare start going out you have too much to live up to in the potting shed sooooooooon!

I was lucky to drive the 2-10-0 Austerity at Loughborough on an experience day, I know it was a repatriated Greek or Egyptian job but with 90775 on the side it really looked the part. The driver was convinced I had driven a steam loco' before, when I told him I had he replied 'I knew it I can tell'. When I told him it was 45530 'Sir Frank Ree' from Glasgow Central to Polmadie he was quite astounded as my efforts were 'apparently' as good as his. Loved every minute!

Evening Mike, all I've driven, (apart from er in doors crazy) is a Class 10, (that's an 08 on Steroids) at Loughborough, I really enjoyed the experience and would love to do a Steamer one day.

I may have to do what John has done and drive one on the Avon Valley Railway in and out of Bitton, now that would be something SPECIAL.

Bodge.

• Like 2

Evening Mike, all I've driven, (apart from er in doors crazy) is a Class 10, (that's an 08 on Steroids) at Loughborough, I really enjoyed the experience and would love to do a Steamer one day.

I may have to do what John has done and drive one on the Avon Valley Railway in and out of Bitton, now that would be something SPECIAL.

Bodge.

WoW!!!!!!! What a thought, that is definitely something special - go for it, I'll allow you to go out for that but you will have to be back for 6pm on the day to make up in the potting shed!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Do you mean the larger than life version where they're holding RMweb Live this weekend?

Last seen in the Coventry area with the empties in his hand.

Dee must have him well trained as he had cleared the table.

WoW!!!!!!! What a thought, that is definitely something special - go for it, I'll allow you to go out for that but you will have to be back for 6pm on the day to make up in the potting shed!

Afternoon Mike, just got back from Coventry, only bought a sign for Bitton that I will post on here later.

A day at the real place would be good, hahha.

Bodge.

Hi Andy

Going back a few posts... that 9F looks beautiful. Seeing it is almost enough to tempt me to start building a steam layout.!

Regards

Alan

That's funny Alan, I've had to STOP looking at your thread as I keep seeing all those lovely BLUE Diesels. ahahhahhah

Bodge

The new BRM tackplan issue includes the Warmley Layout. Don't no how accurate the plan is. There are three photos of the layout.

Don

I didn't see the book for sale today, it would be interesting to see if it was accurate or not.

Bodge.

• Like 2

Do you mean the larger than life version where they're holding RMweb Live this weekend?

Last seen in the Coventry area with the empties in his hand.

Dee must have him well trained as he had cleared the table.

Hi Ray, great to meet you today and finally put a face to a name, you have been such a help on here and it is really appreciated.

Bodge

Hi Andy, it was good to meet you today and as you say faces to names, and what a good show. All the best Adrian

Hi Adrian, sorry we didn't get a proper chat as there were some questions I had for you, I'll just re read your Westerham Station thread for the answers now, ahhah.

All the best, and I hope you didn't spend a fortune.

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P

Andy....lovely saying hi again, glad to see for myself that you are clearly recovering well.  :sungum: No wobbly eye..... :jester: No problems with your eyesight.....as soon as you saw me....you quickly 'hid' behind the nearest person LMAO. Subtle....... :no: .... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Was also excellent to say high to Geroge T / Ashcombe.

Andy....lovely saying hi again, glad to see for myself that you are clearly recovering well.  :sungum: No wobbly eye..... :jester: No problems with your eyesight.....as soon as you saw me....you quickly 'hid' behind the nearest person LMAO. Subtle....... :no: .... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Was also excellent to say high to Geroge T / Ashcombe.

Cheers Jaz, great to see you and Kal as well, there were so many that we talk to that its difficult to recall them all but here goes. we met up with Neil, (Anotheran) Andy G, (aux6)?, thanks for the disc Andy, Adrian, (Westerhamstation), Nestor, Ray H, also Ray Norwood, and Richard, (Mudmagnet) both up from Barnstaple. Hugh Flynn, Nick Wood, (NickWood) Pete Harvey, Ian Mellors, plus many others that came up and greeted us.

Thanks also to you all for your kind wishes, I had a cracking day out, and meeting such brilliant modellers really does inspire one.

Apparently Mike, (Stationmaster ) was there and I missed him, I would have liked to have had a chat with him as well.

Bodge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Jaz, great to see you and Kal as well, there were so many that we talk to that its difficult to recall them all but here goes. we met up with Neil, (Anotheran) Andy G, (aux6)?, thanks for the disc Andy, Adrian, (Westerhamstation), Nestor, Ray H, also Ray Norwood, and Richard, (Mudmagnet) both up from Barnstaple. Hugh Flynn, Nick Wood, (NickWood) Pete Harvey, Ian Mellors, plus many others that came up and greeted us.

Thanks also to you all for your kind wishes, I had a cracking day out, and meeting such brilliant modellers really does inspire one.

Apparently Mike, (Stationmaster ) was there and I missed him, I would have liked to have had a chat with him as well.

Bodge.

I was there Andy and I didn't see you either - in fact I was only thinking earlier this evening that you'd said you were going and I thought 'oh, hope he's ok'.  Ah well no doubt more shows and events to come so perhaps make a suitable meeting place and time for the next one?