News from Just Like The real Thing

steve fay

On display at Telford today JLTRT had the first two of there new RTR wagons. First will be a Dog Fish & Cat Fish engineering wagons, with a few variations.

The first batch will be out for Reading trade show. You can pre order now by contacting JLTRT.

These will be followed by a GWR gas oil tanker.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 5

post-5983-0-01537800-1410176431_thumb.jpg

Just tucked in behind the western is a converted milk tanker, this was to carry diesel fuel and were to be found at stabling points, shed and depots right up until the late 80's

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrtankwagon/h314439df#h314439df

This wagon will appear in the JLTRT RTR range shortly, so if you have a steam shed with diesels, a DMU stabling point or a diesel depot. You can have one of these lurking around.

This is a wagon I've picked along with the gas oil tanker so I hope you all like them

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 2

post-5983-0-00842100-1410184280_thumb.jpg

Here's the gas oil tanker, this will be available in GWR and BR options. These tanks are used to carry gas oil for gas lit lamps at stations or gas for catering coaches. These are basically the later version of the Cordon.

You can see why I chose these wagons as both are on Ranelagh bridge.

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

Damm I missed them when I was there on Sunday, mind you I only had three hours to get around the show, such is the trial of coming by train from the NE on a sunday.

Did you or anyone else get any photos of them, as I can't find any reference to them on the JLTRT website?

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

I didn't but I will get some pictures in a few weeks.

If any one else did please post them up

The web site will get updated but with the current work load it might be a bit slow.

So I thought I would start this thread to keep you all updated

Edited by steve fay

Hello Steve,

Fantastic choice of wagon but sadly I model the wrong scale! I've been trying to scratch build a model of of the converted milk tank for ages but found very few pics and no other information. You don't happen to have a set of drawings do you?

Cheers,

No I don't, just mates with the boss.

The oil tank and diesel fuel wagons came about because I asked Michelle Davidson to scratch build them for me, some of you will know Michelle from her road rail tanks she built also the 6 wheeled vinegar tank and bogie oil tankers.

We was discussing this at Pete's kitchen table and we thought they would make interesting wagons. So Michelle makes the parts and jltrt cast them and Michelle assembles them.

I wasn't involved with the dog fish although I have seen it come together over the last few months. They are also working on the very long sturgeon bogie wagon as well as a RTR project.

I some times come up with a few ideas I would like for Ranelagh bridge and Pete decides they would make good kits so he does them.

They should have the GWR bullion van available some time next year & that's going to be a great little project of course one will be on Ranelagh Bridge.

Steve

• Like 2

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here's the gas oil tanker, this will be available in GWR and BR options. These tanks are used to carry gas oil for gas lit lamps at stations or gas for catering coaches. These are basically the later version of the Cordon.

You can see why I chose these wagons as both are on Ranelagh bridge.

Steve, are you confusing "gas oil" and "oil gas" ?  They aren't  the same. Gas oil is red coloured 'off-road' diesel used for, amongst other things, diesel locomotives. Oil gas, as carried in Cordons, was used for gas lighting in coaches and on isolated stations or cooking in restaurant cars but was replaced by propane before the 'diesel era'. An interesting model nonetheless and essential for any BR(W) refuelling plant. Cheers, Ray.

Steve, are you confusing "gas oil" and "oil gas" ?  They aren't  the same. Gas oil is red coloured 'off-road' diesel used for, amongst other things, diesel locomotives. Oil gas, as carried in Cordons, was used for gas lighting in coaches and on isolated stations or cooking in restaurant cars but was replaced by propane before the 'diesel era'. An interesting model nonetheless and essential for any BR(W) refuelling plant. Cheers, Ray.

You are right my mistake

Back in the opening message I told you all that the new RTR is a collaboration between Pete and Michelle Davidson.

Here's some examples of Michelle's previous RTR wagons.

Ok I'm going to have to resize all the pictures!!

The first 40 dog fish / cat fish wagons have already been preordered.post-5983-0-87490200-1411388085_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-57921800-1411388113_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-21827900-1411388130_thumb.jpg

We have a vinegar tanker, early bogie oil tank and the road / rail milk tanker. This one might make a return if there's enough demand.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 5

Back in the opening message I told you all that the new RTR is a collaboration between Pete and Michelle Davidson

The first 40 dog fish / cat fish wagons have already been preordered.

I spoke to Laurie at JLTRT today to see if there are anymore available. Laurie said he has not completed any yet, as a result is not taking any pre-orders. He has advise me to contact him again in three weeks to see if he is any further near having some completed models of the 'Catfish & Dogfish'.

He says there are no photos of the wagons yet and as soon as he has any they will be posted on the website & Facebook. He also says there were only small parts of the wagons not completed wagons on show at Telford.

Hopefully these RTR wagons will be up to JLTRT usual high standard.

Regards

Chris

I spoke to Laurie at JLTRT today to see if there are anymore available. Laurie said he has not completed any yet, as a result is not taking any pre-orders. He has advise me to contact him again in three weeks to see if he is any further near having some completed models of the 'Catfish & Dogfish'.

He says there are no photos of the wagons yet and as soon as he has any they will be posted on the website & Facebook. He also says there were only small parts of the wagons not completed wagons on show at Telford.

Hopefully these RTR wagons will be up to JLTRT usual high standard.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Here are a couple of pics I took of some of the parts on display at Telford.

post-7290-0-99019900-1411486078_thumb.jpgpost-7290-0-33902300-1411486080_thumb.jpgpost-7290-0-70143900-1411486081_thumb.jpgpost-7290-0-15462200-1411486083_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Tom

• Like 4

I meant that they had 40 pre ordered for delivery at Reading.

As soon as I get any more info il let you all know.

As you can see from the pictures above they will be to a very high standard.

You can email your preorder to info@justliketherealthing.co.uk

Stating which wagon and livery. Please leave your name and contact details

Edited by steve fay

Those pics look very promising. Could you confirm whether these are RTR (in the traditional big manufacturer sense) or are they kits built and decorated by JLTRT staff and sent to customers?

The latter and they will be done in limited batches. This means you can specify livery/number to your precise requirements :)

Cheers

Tom

Edited by tomstaf

• RMweb Gold

Will these just be available rtr, or as kits as well?

I'd be more tempted to build one of these from a (presumably) plastic kit rather than the etched kit available from another supplier, but would rather build instead of buy.

Cheers,

Andrew

I agree but assume they will be resin?