Lenz 2010

Lenz hve announced their 2010 range which includes a replacement for the LZV100. Its called the LZV200.

The good news for LZV100 owners is that it is software upgradeable to that in the LZV200.

More news on this later.

Other items as well. Look here.

http://www.lenz-elektronik.com/digitalplus/digitalplus_neuheiten.php

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the information.

If I have read the LZV100 upgrade information correctly it appears that the LZV100 would need to be sent away for the upgrade but would from then on be would be user upgradeable for any future updates.

Tony

If I have read the LZV100 upgrade information correctly it appears that the LZV100 would need to be sent away for the upgrade but would from then on be would be user upgradeable for any future updates.

That's what it says on the translated version. After Version 4.0 is installed, further updates can be carried out at home.

Changes include:

Addition of loco naming on the LZV200 (max 8 characters).

Function naming (great for light and sound functions e.g. Whistle, Bell, tail lights etc.)

Accessory address range increase to 1 - 2048

XpressNet extended to handle 128 devices

The LZV100, LH100 and LH90 get all these with V4.0

The LZV200 also has a built-in RailCom Global Detector. However it looks like the LZV100 cannot be upgraded to include this.

Well you know the old saying..."don't let sleeping cats lie.....................on your track".

Didn't your Granny teach you that? ;)

Funny the American newsletter is dated January 2010 and it's got January 2009's news in it ! :blink:

Those mail boats must be getting slower. I blame Global warming...all those melting icebergs to dodge on the way over.

Still no replacement for the 100 controller though, I really was hoping they would release a new version this year.

That's a major disappointment. The new handset is long overdue considering Lenz said 3 years ago that they had it on the drawing board.

It'll be interesting to see how much use the loco and function naming will be when users still have to wade through menus to get to where they want.

The Command Station gets another big RailCom update with the addition of the Global detector, but without the new handset there's only limited use for it.

• RMweb Premium

At the rate Lenz get stuff out, I'm feeling very inclined to switch to Zimo equipment. They seem more interested in developing capabilities around RailCom too.

I think I will ditch my Lenz 100 Set this year for the Zimo MX32, although I like the reliability of the Lenz the hand controller is now archaic with the 80's style display and just not as user friendly as the NCE for example. :(

• RMweb Gold

Still no replacement for the 100 controller though, I really was hoping they would release a new version this year.

When I read the first bit saying new Lenz xyz my first thought was about time they replace the 100....

Then read on and see that its just the box and the 100 lives on :( Very out dated, cant understand releasing the new box without doing something with the actual interface given that its so far behind the likes of ESU & Zimo etc and has been for a very long time (the comment in the post above about the 80s style display hits the nail on the head!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived