RMweb

Lovely pic I think its a Bedford O , looks BR but a lot of other businesse  had similar liverys ,however I think there was a big BR goods yard off to the left of pic . Bet this view isn't half as interesting today !

Yes, there were several goods yards to the left of the shot (i.e., south of Brayford Pool) - ex-GNR, ex-GCR & ex-MR. All now gone, sadly, although the GCR goods & grain warehouse is still there, converted into a library for the university.

The view now would capture nothing but bars, restaurants, & a huge cinema. The boats are still there, but all pleasure craft rather than working vessels...

Cerainly is B R. The fleet number is in the Eastern Region layout.  The model is The Bedford OSS (model O, short, Scammell coupling)

Merf.

Facinating picture.

Thanks for that Merf, never did get to grips with identifying Bedfords...

Worked in Lincoln in 1988 and this area was very interesting from industrial view  if  a bit derelict , took no pics sadly , looks very modern but sterile now.

Edited by jcb 3c

Worked in Lincoln in 1988 and this area was very interesting from industrial view  if  a bit derelict , took no pics sadly , looks very modern but sterile now.

Sterile's a very apt word - industry has pretty much withered on the vine & been replaced by an almost obsessive focus on the university (& more importantly, its apparently cash-rich students) as seemingly the only source of prosperity for the city...

Unfortunately, I took most of the railway infrastructure for granted 'back in the day', so didn't think to record it before it disappeared, although I did photograph the ex-GNR engine shed before it was absorbed by the university's first phase of construction (it's still there, but incorporated into a bar & concert venue).

Another nice  pic Bath BR Morris ff ? artic , unusual ?

8073D W  reg TYO418 ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brizzlebornandbred/2043742016/

A great picture, unusual, yes. Only the Western Region had any of these, as artics, vans and flats.  But does'nt the trailer look small !

I'm not sure but I think it's an Austin, despite the WR usually buying Morris badged ones.

Edited by Merfyn Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Adam

Certainly an Austin K2, registration looks as it may be GAR321 or 331 of Aug.1942 numbered 974 or 984 D M.

Not seen this one before but I did find the Oxford yard ones when I searched the Stilltime site.

Merf.

There is a classified in the back of 'Classic Truck' magazine for a Dodge Commando with what appears to be a BR crewbus body.

Jon

Is that a red / maroon, one? missed that issue, but there was one for sale in classic and vintage commercial a while back.

Is that a red / maroon, one? missed that issue, but there was one for sale in classic and vintage commercial a while back.

Blue - I think, but don't wish to sound certain - it was a few weeks ago and I was only flicking though it in WHSmiffs.

J

• 4 weeks later...

Some real old stuff on the NRM site. Well worth a look.

My find of the afternoon on the rubbish 'flickr' site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95062750@N04/8789576701/  land rover

Looks like registration UGG318H, A series III Land Rover 109 in the recently new yellow livery with black arrows, about the time fleet numbers were being dropped.

Looks like registration UGG318H, A series III Land Rover 109 in the recently new yellow livery with black arrows, about the time fleet numbers were being dropped.

Very unimpressed with the new Flickr myself , hopefully it will get better !

• RMweb Premium

Do the links in my NRM photos post 1568 work ?

They do not for me, they just take you to the sight. I clicked on the 'photographs' tab but there is no identification numbers on the photographs. On your postings there looks like a gap between 'Liverpool' and 'Street', when posting links there should be no gaps. On the pics I looked at there was something like %20 between Liverpool and Street? When I post links I always check in preview (click on 'More Reply Options') to make sure that they work before posting.

I had the unfortunate job of replacing a clutch on one of these for British Rail when TNT Truckcare had the maintenance contract for all assets.

No one had ever done one... the transmission jack didnt adapt for such small gearboxes.

Great fun road testing it when eventually finishing the job.

So wished I had photos from back then.

Something different from my workbench .

I recently bought one each of the two Goods Yard Models lorries. Very pleased with them.

A repaint has been done to their Austin K4 as a 1948 model from the Midland Region. No alterations have been done to the model.

Forgot to say, these are 7mm scale. Look so much better than all those 50th scale models we see on layouts.

post-1625-0-72144000-1370176071.jpg

post-1625-0-65326500-1370176093.jpg

Merf.

Edited by Merfyn Jones