The lettering was gone round on the bus with a fine brush and pen. Not too bad a job because of the size of it.

If doing the other bus, which I thought about. Maybe a transfer produced on white transfer paper using a grey background. The rail alphabet is available to download from the web. I think a link can be found on here somewhere provided by Andy York.

Just off subject Merfyn, Did you build the Morris Commercial lorry in the back ground of the vans shot? not seen a model of it before!

Thanks, Gordon

• RMweb Premium

A lucky find then Phil.

Indeed it was, it came with a white metal Bedford OY both being finished as articulated lorries with identical trailers, the Morris Commercial is rather a long wheelbase for an artic. Also included was an Oxford AEC tipper in Redland livery in excellent condition but no box. A matchbox trailer with the 'whizziwheels' replaced by what looks like Coopercraft wheels, a very neatly executed kit built HA van and a rather poorly assembled white metal Rover P5. I intend to dismante the white metal models if I can and rebuild/repaint them, the Morris Commercial will be as a rigid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mike (Stationmaster) posted as I was writing mine. I have obtained the information from 'Kaleidoscope of Shevloke and Drewry' published by Warne. It states that the biggest user was the London Brick Company with approximately 170 units but British Railways had over 70 at one time. As I said above the 'Dual Drive' was not very common so I assume the next ones will be of the single cab type.

On the following site http://public.fotki.com/boballoa/british-road-services/brs-in-england/photos 98 & 141 show BRS using them.  Loading cars at Prestcold and the other loading pipes? 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a bit of fun, based on the haulage company Longs of Leeds.

Given my surname and that I support Luton Town Football Club I decided to create a "Longs of Luton"

Railtech Transfers provided the transfers, it is hard to see the detail in the camera shot but with the use of a magnifier it is all there.

Need to add a bit more detail such as mirrors and correcting the windscreen wipers

post-19340-0-27482500-1453455509_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-38110000-1453455512_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Lovely model but without sounding like a pedant the original grille model was changed in 82 to the range rover esq type

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/commercials/leyland-commercials/sherpa-leyland-commercials/the-cars-leyland-sherpaleyland-daf-200-400ldv-pilot-convoy/

Yes, I was aware, I got the Kingfisher kits recently to replace these too early versions but decided to finish these to use till I build the new ones.

Very interesting site, thanks for that.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail

Paul

Like the way you gave picked out the window surrounds I have tried this on my transit minibus conversion but it looked so heavy have removed it.

Is that a tax disk I see on the winscreen.?

Must say It's a very well finished model