Not done much road motor modelling lately, but when the new Ford Cargo from Oxford came out, I looked what to do with it and came up with this.

A 1990 20 seat crew bus on the Southern Region with NSE branding. Used by the larger p.way gangs.  The height of the body was reduced by about 2-3 mm and windows and doors added. Wheelbase and body size spot on. A very easy conversion.

attachicon.gif6-6-2015 052.JPG

attachicon.gif6-6-2015 053.JPG

thats a super model merfyn, the reg must be eastleigh way? the eastleigh leyland roadrunner recovery bus, same build as mine was H745 YGO, i think! 

• RMweb Premium

You guys may be interested to know that Bachmann have announced the following as a limited run model, should be available through all main Bachmann stockists.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've already put in a pre-order for mine. Only problem is with such models is that the interior is the standard bus one with just seats. Some photographs of the prototype have been shown on Facebook and bulkheads and partitions are evident, any photographs/details of the interior available?

thats a super model merfyn, the reg must be eastleigh way? the eastleigh leyland roadrunner recovery bus, same build as mine was H745 YGO, i think! 

Registration from a Southern Region batch, think the photos I have seen of it are in Kent.

I've already put in a pre-order for mine. Only problem is with such models is that the interior is the standard bus one with just seats. Some photographs of the prototype have been shown on Facebook and bulkheads and partitions are evident, any photographs/details of the interior available?

I have some photos of the interior, but not my copyright.  A PM to me when you get your model maybe.

Merf.

Very true, but also true of any limited run model be it a Bristol VR engineering bus, a Breakdown mk1 coach, a Research Department vehicle coach conversion etc.

Having said that, several years ago, a China Motor Bus DMS training vehicle was released by EFE and this featured a one off moulding of the upper deck that did not feature any seats.

Registration from a Southern Region batch, think the photos I have seen of it are in Kent.

That is strange, I photographed this lorry at Ashford Station, it must be a P/Way lorry where it was parked.

See pics:

post-1373-0-05044900-1433963484_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-82611500-1433963500_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-32358200-1433963519_thumb.jpg

I must for me to model now.

Cheers.

• Like 2

That is strange, I photographed this lorry at Ashford Station, it must be a P/Way lorry where it was parked.

See pics:

attachicon.gifM-988 AD 30-9-93 H741 YGO.jpg

attachicon.gifM-989 AD 30-9-93 H741 YGO.jpg

attachicon.gifM-991 AD 30-9-93 H741 YGO.jpg

I must for me to model now.

Cheers.

Thanks Paul, thought it may have been your photos I copied it from. I see I missed the NSE logo on the back.

Cheers Merf.

• Like 1

From the photos I have seen of the of the BR Engineering Training Bus was that it has strengthens ribs to the top level and roof lights but none the less looks a good model have already pre-ordered mine.

I had recently purchased a bus to convert and paint in this colour scheme.

This has been dismantled and stripped of paint ready to commence, ops!

At least I haven spent to  much time on it

From the photos I have seen of the of the BR Engineering Training Bus was that it has strengthens ribs to the top level and roof lights but none the less looks a good model have already pre-ordered mine.

I had recently purchased a bus to convert and paint in this colour scheme.

This has been dismantled and stripped of paint ready to commence, ops!

At least I haven spent to  much time on it

Me too, but you can always do the other one,  AYG941H with the Plant & Machinery Dept.  . That's now my plan.

Should find it on flickr.

Edited by Merfyn Jones

Hi

If you search flickr for BNU679G (can't get it to link, sorry) you get a photo from 1986 at Springs Branch, Wigan. There is a class 20 behind it in BR blue.

The bus looks to be painted in the same grey as the Doncaster Training bus referred to earlier in post 1712.

It certainly doesn't look as blue as the model.

That may be an earlier/later variation of the livery and I'm happy to be corrected.

(There's also a pic of it at Doncaster with a very tatty Leyland Terrier behind it in 1987)

TTC Diecast are doing the model on a pre-order offer of £31.88.

Regards

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Hi

If you search flickr for BNU679G (can't get it to link, sorry) you get a photo from 1986 at Springs Branch, Wigan. There is a class 20 behind it in BR blue.

The bus looks to be painted in the same grey as the Doncaster Training bus referred to earlier in post 1712.

It certainly doesn't look as blue as the model.

That may be an earlier/later variation of the livery and I'm happy to be corrected.

(There's also a pic of it at Doncaster with a very tatty Leyland Terrier behind it in 1987)

TTC Diecast are doing the model on a pre-order offer of £31.88.

Regards

Phil

A couple of pics posted on Facebook shows one in blue. Perhaps if we're lucky Bachmann might announce one in the grey livery as well.

Some time back, I saw a BR liveried lorry in an EFE advert that looked too light a shade of green. Should be the same as BR loco green.

I phoned the firm up to tell them and they assured me it was correct as they had done it the same green as all their other BRS parcel vans !   When I explained the difference, I was told too late to correct it now as they were on the boat from China.

They now have colour pictures with the correct shade.

So if you think something is wrong, tell them, it may not be too late.

Merf.

• Like 1

brilliant pics, did you get any of the maestro next to it

No sorry. Just checked my vehicle pics and there are none. Times were different back then, we had Maestros at Paddock Wood ECR & Ashford Buildings when I was with them but never thought to take pics.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Spotted at a rally last year. Is it a replica?

I know the owner, and yes it's a replica.  He has an interest in railways as well as trucks and wanted one in BR colours.  He has a number of other vehicles which are in authentic colours.  

Tony Comber

I know the owner, and yes it's a replica.  He has an interest in railways as well as trucks and wanted one in BR colours.  He has a number of other vehicles which are in authentic colours.  

Tony Comber

And a nice job he has made of it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not done much road motor modelling lately, but when the new Ford Cargo from Oxford came out, I looked what to do with it and came up with this.

A 1990 20 seat crew bus on the Southern Region with NSE branding. Used by the larger p.way gangs.  The height of the body was reduced by about 2-3 mm and windows and doors added. Wheelbase and body size spot on. A very easy conversion.

attachicon.gif6-6-2015 052.JPG

attachicon.gif6-6-2015 053.JPG

Very nice model how did you do the conversion? I'm building one just now, rather than modify the body I opted to scratch build it with plasticard. It may not be 100% perfect but will look ok I hope.