evergreen plastic/styrene

Hello all, forgive me for being thick :O but I'm looking to do some modelling with the evergreen styrene/plastic sheet and strips :senile:, its just that looking at the sizing on the packets sends me into numerical dyslexia :this: as I really cannot fathom out what the depth width and length are supposed to be :dontknow:. can anyone explain what they mean :help:. for example HO strip 2.8mm x 3.43mm x 355mm. now would that be just under 3mm thick by 3 1/2 mm wide by 35cm long ? granted looking at pics on the web can be a little deceptive and a face to face with the product is recommended :yes: but that's a fair old trek to find a supplier round my neck of the woods :lazy:. thanks in advance :good:

If you google evergreen plastics and go to dimensional strips it has the dimensions in mms as well inches. I use it a lot for modelling and would suggest you invest in a range of sizes from 10 thousands upwards to 80thousands. I find 20x40 thou 40x40 and 40x60 60x60 useful. They do an excellent range of channel -and shape stock as well as sheet.

Squires Tools hold lots and go to many shows up and down the country. Eileen's Emporium also stock lots and down south as well

Can I just put in a word for "Church Street Models" in Church Street in the old part at the back of the shopping centre in Basingstoke. They hold some stocks of Evergreen etc. which may be what you want.

Dennis

Yes should have remembered the shop was there but have not been to Basingstoke since father in law died some years ago

1mm is 40thou. It is a bit confusing with British 4mm/ft and 7mm/ft but if material is supplied basically in Imperial sizes it's probably easier to just stick with thou. In 4mm, 40thou is 3ins, 10thou is 0.75ins, 160thou (0.160") is 1ft.

Archived