If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Tradesmen visiting the Railway Room

• RMweb Gold

I was called to a leaking hot water cylinder once. The client had rolled back the carpet from the airing cupboard. When kneeling down, I knelt upon a rather expensive Rolex watch, apparently rolled up in the carpet by mistake......

To counter this, I screwed a 28mm pipe clip to the wall (with a stand off), and placed the wrist band from the watch, through the clip, and snapped the clip shut. I didn't mention the watch, or the clip, to the client. The client got the message.

Ian

Hang about some of us grew up in Giggleswick.  Eevn if it's two main claims are Russell Harty, my late and unlamented English Teacher, and the fictional appearance of Tony Hancock to play some Shakespearan character in the non existent village hall.

Jamie

PS I forgot, the school had  a patriot named after it.

mmm? A Patriot missile?

How about HMS Biggleswade for the new aircraft carrier

• RMweb Gold

I was called to a leaking hot water cylinder once. The client had rolled back the carpet from the airing cupboard. When kneeling down, I knelt upon a rather expensive Rolex watch, apparently rolled up in the carpet by mistake......

To counter this, I screwed a 28mm pipe clip to the wall (with a stand off), and placed the wrist band from the watch, through the clip, and snapped the clip shut. I didn't mention the watch, or the clip, to the client. The client got the message.

Ian

Don't you mean the "ex" client got the message?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Don't you mean the "ex" client got the message?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Still a client, I'm happy to say. Like others on here, I'm a member of 'buy with confidence'. I take it seriously. Word of mouth is as quick as the internet round here.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, it's good to own a German Shepherd that can easily smell out anyone with bad intentions, backed up by a 13 stone Leonberger. :sungum:

After revisiting this post, have MacDonalds now started even bigger burgers at 13 st? I couldn't manage one that big :O

Archived