Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

A couple of pics: Locos waiting to be played with have a run around the layout and "underneath the arches" - awaiting mod-roc!!

attachicon.gifIMG_1832a.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1833a.jpg

Video later, if it ever uploads on YouTube. At the current rate it might be ready by midnight!

Jeff

Don't hold your breath Jeff, my last one took 7 HOURS :O 

Nice pics though.

• RMweb Premium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodmEFFqbGc&feature=youtu.be

Copied and pasted link at the top of my browser.

Removed the "s".

IT WORKED!

Might give a better sense of the state of the Bunker and the size of the Fell.

J.

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Don't hold your breath Jeff, my last one took 7 HOURS :O 

Nice pics though.

Andy, at one stage I really did think it'd take 7 hours. Anyway, that's it for a few days. Enjoy your Christmas - no sneaking off to the Shed!!

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Jeff.  Popped in to wish you, and Lunesters (at) large,

A Very Merry Christmas

& Happy New Year.

Fantastic work Jeff on KL2.  You must be delighted.

Great to see some locos running.

Best wishes

Polly & Ray

• Like 3

Morning Jeff,

Like Polly and Ray, my wife Joanna and I would like to wish you and all your family a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and Happy New Year. Hope you enjoy your break, and that the withdrawal symptoms aren't too painful. Thank you also for the supportive comments when I've been unwell, much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, Polly, Ray and Jock.

Yes, Polly - very pleased with progress. I'd never have believed on August 24 - when I started the first L-girder - that I'd have got this far in (effectively) 3 months (taking time out for dad). Lots of things planned for the next 3 months, so it should be fun!

Jock, we're all a bit crazy on here, but we do like to offer mutual support.

Off to Barrow in a few minutes, so no time to "play" with locos today....

Jeff

• Like 4

Andy, at one stage I really did think it'd take 7 hours. Anyway, that's it for a few days. Enjoy your Christmas - no sneaking off to the Shed!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Now you know why I stick to stills !  :stinker:

Have a great Christmas

Merry Christmas Jeff - looking forward to seeing all your progress in 2016.

(and as a special treat for us Down Under, we had Julia Bradbury in an episode of German Wanderlust on TV yesterday - it reminded me of KL... eventually!)

Regards

Scott

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I'm sure we all have plans for our layouts in 2016 and I wish you all every success!

I've got so many things to do in the New Year that it could lead to difficult choices. I've decided to concentrate on the landscaping adjacent to the viaduct (including the road underbridge) and the Fell for starters. I'll also be building 2 control panels for the scenic and fiddle yard areas. Well, that's January taken care of!!....

Looking forward to finding Julia in my Christmas stocking!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 8

& here I was thinking Jeff would be ordering one of these:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/intex-explorer-pro-100-inflatable-boat/306-4640.prd

(& in case anyone thinks I am too flippant, I am sure what was the family's store in Cockermouth was flooded for the 3rd time in 50 years- it's not what it was, but it still hurts to hear of the damage)

James

• RMweb Premium

Back home now. Must admit, I had one of my fastest journeys from Barrow during the night, though a glance to the side of some of the roads reveals lakes, where there should be fields...

Next stock of Mod-Roc, a supply of Plaster of Paris and some 600mm x 600mm pieces of birch ply already ordered. It'll be a few days before proper progress is resumed. In the meantime, I'll give some of my stock a run-out. 

Jeff

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

& here I was thinking Jeff would be ordering one of these:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/intex-explorer-pro-100-inflatable-boat/306-4640.prd

(& in case anyone thinks I am too flippant, I am sure what was the family's store in Cockermouth was flooded for the 3rd time in 50 years- it's not what it was, but it still hurts to hear of the damage)

James

It's ok James. If things get bad I'll just sail over in my yacht!

On a serious note, things in the north of England in general are very bad. Thank heavens we're not also experiencing the tornadoes that are currently sweeping across the mid-west of the US.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I went into the Bunker and ran an Austerity and a Brit round for a while. But I was itching to do something....

Just spent a very pleasant hour cutting up insulation board to start the other side of the viaduct valley:

post-13778-0-75005300-1451411147_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-02300800-1451411157_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

I thought I'd use up the last of my 50mm insulation board, along with some 25mm (more will be acquired over the next week or so). So here's a few more pics. A lot more to do on the hillside between the right side of the viaduct and the location of the road underbridge....

post-13778-0-34741700-1451422144_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-32799500-1451422148_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-33938200-1451422151_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

A suggestion if I may mate. How about rounding the hill off below the trackbed and then build up an embankment parallel to the track, even if just for a short length running onto the viaduct.

• Like 6