'Bishop Street'

georgeT

Hello guys, Thanks for the input and help its all very important and helpful as per usual, l had some nice wet / dry so l thought l would give it a try, it don't look too bad and its far better than the paving slabs l had...

post-7716-0-18897900-1450048173_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-13702900-1450048176_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-25041200-1450048179_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-38633900-1450048182_thumb.jpg

Morning George,

Just caught up, and I believe that is a big improvement. Will you now weather it, as it looks like new Tarmac at the moment? Not a criticism mate, just that it will be interesting to see the method and end result as if I ever get round to building a model of Barleith halt, adjacent to Hurlford shed, it will need a surface like yours! It was very shabby towards the closure with weeds growing through in places.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Good Morning Peter / Jock, Thanks, l don't think l will weather the platform too much Jock as l like it the way it is, l will give it a light pass with the air-brush maybe, also need to make the other platform before l'm back to work...thinking of making it a bit bigger than the last one as it will be the freight only line which runs along under the station... nothings sorted yet..

Try a VERY VERY small amount of Talcum Powder on a scrap bit, when dry brushed into small areas it forms light and dark patches as per Tarmac, you don't need to get out the Air Brush and faf about with all that nonsense for a small job like a few patches.

This was Talcum Powder over Blackboard Paint.

post-9335-0-99670600-1450083165_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good George. Just be careful touching it now as it will pick up white finger marks from abraiding your fingers! Another reason why a bit of patching as per Andys suggestion would be good.

Big mistake cutting off all the couplings on my stock, yes they look far better with the 3-links on but they are so hard to couple up in the fiddle yard, and reversing, so l have started to put them back on, talk about going round in circles hahahaha

Morning Mate, here are the pics you wanted of the Cottages, hope there of some use to you.

post-9335-0-93813100-1450264282_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31467800-1450264300_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-17761600-1450264324_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82937400-1450264346_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16482800-1450264373_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90694700-1450264393_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82377600-1450264414_thumb.jpg

In fact photographing any Cottage / House at the end of your Road will give you sizes and then you can Clad or render in any finish you want, (says he who has NEVER attempted to scratch build ANYTHING in his life). :O  :sungum:  :sungum: 

Morning Mate, here are the pics you wanted of the Cottages, hope there of some use to you.

attachicon.gifCottages for George 001.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 002.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 003.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 004.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 005.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 006.JPG

attachicon.gifCottages for George 007.JPG

In fact photographing any Cottage / House at the end of your Road will give you sizes and then you can Clad or render in any finish you want, (says he who has NEVER attempted to scratch build ANYTHING in his life). :O  :sungum:  :sungum: 

Thanks for the pictures Andy they will be of great help...

• RMweb Gold

Big mistake cutting off all the couplings on my stock, yes they look far better with the 3-links on but they are so hard to couple up in the fiddle yard, and reversing, so l have started to put them back on, talk about going round in circles hahahaha

Hi George,

3-link looks fantastic but, remember Trebudoc, Andy's 'O' gauge layout.  3-link difficult to unlink and, at exhibition an absolute nightmare to unlink especially with no direct light.

Cheers, Peter

Hi George,

3-link looks fantastic but, remember Trebudoc, Andy's 'O' gauge layout.  3-link difficult to unlink and, at exhibition an absolute nightmare to unlink especially with no direct light.

Cheers, Peter

Hello Peter, Yes l remember those times, even worse in 00...

Sorry Mate, have you tried just one hook on just one end rather that lifting two Hooks each time.

Because its better? ;)

I understand your issue though George. However I ran Outon Road at exhibition for the whole of it's outings on 3 links. You can't beat it IMO and 100% worth the effort. Again though its a steady hand and practice. I used to use a bent airbrush needle taped to a mini torch. Works beautifully. I had so much frustration before switching to the needle as a shunters pole. After that I never had an issue.

Hi Cav, l know where you're coming from mate, but l am a good twenty or more years older than you and the eyes and the steady hand are failing me, hahahaha, took me about 5mins to un-couple some wagons ? to be honest the couplings are not as bad as the were a few years ago...

Archived