'Bishop Street'

georgeT

0 gauge Ray, l will still keep BS...but will collect 0 gauge for when l retire....(thats the plan anyhow)

That's a shame, I have several 00 gauge loco kits that need building. I thought I could send them to you to practice on, once you've finished building and painting them you could then send them to Andy for weathering before returning them to me. :jester:

Fantastic guards van George, and I remember that beautiful brass model of a 'spam can' you once built. A brilliant retirement project in my opinion mate!

I may be 'off-air' for a time after Friday as I'm down for a hernia operation in Colchester General at 7am on the 31st!

Keep up the good work George,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Fantastic guards van George, and I remember that beautiful brass model of a 'spam can' you once built. A brilliant retirement project in my opinion mate!

I may be 'off-air' for a time after Friday as I'm down for a hernia operation in Colchester General at 7am on the 31st!

Keep up the good work George,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock, and all the very best on the 31st mate, take care..

0 gauge Ray, l will still keep BS...but will collect 0 gauge for when l retire....(thats the plan anyhow)

O dear.

In more ways than one! I'm not sure I'd have room (or deep enough pockets) for more than an 0-4-0 and a brake van in the larger scale.

"deep enough pockets"

It's a fallacy :)

Think of the stock Andy had to have for Trebudoc and the stock he has for West Shed.

More is less, more or less......I do have to agree, Three Locos, Two Coaches, and about 8 Vans / Wagons. MORE THAN ENOUGH to satisfy operation.

Less is a lot more as many people will see from my Pencarne shortly.

I'm not sure I 100% agree. Of course you are not going to be running 36 wagon MGR trains in O gauge but you will need variation in stock/locos or it becomes a bit samey. Plus I'm not sure that the cost analysis works out either. I can buy an N gauge class 47 for say £60ish and a few full rakes of wagons/coaches for say £100 a rake, all in thats about £260, you would need to pay twice that just for the loco in O. I love the idea of O gauge but I would never be able to satisfy my operational needs pottering about a tiny yard with an 08 and a few 4 wheeled wagons.

Totally agree with you Cav, but the satisfaction and enjoyment you get from scratch building an 0-6-0 jinty in brass you have cut out rolled and bent yourself is wonderful, you don't need a rake of wagons or indeed a layout, here is my pride and joy 47272 well weathered working hard on Andy's first 0 gauge layout at Ruddington 2012, all that will be different in the new venture is that it will be DCC and sound....

post-7716-0-06239600-1451471225_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-60451300-1451471226_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-19353700-1451471228_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Totally agree with you Cav, but the satisfaction and enjoyment you get from scratch building an 0-6-0 jinty in brass you have cut out rolled and bent yourself is wonderful, you don't need a rake of wagons or indeed a layout, here is my pride and joy 47272 well weathered working hard on Andy's first 0 gauge layout at Ruddington 2012, all that will be different in the new venture is that it will be DCC and sound....

George, remember the fantastic locomotive well.  A good weekend but the 3-ring connections were a ... to change.

Peter

Yes I 100% get that George. I'd love to build an O gauge class 47 but I would hazard a guess that it would be a shelf model once completed.

A few years ago Andy bought up a Heljan 0 gauge class 47 in BR Blue, you did not have to run it, just looking at it was enough it was big and very heavy, and it blew me away, 

A few years ago Andy bought up a Heljan 0 gauge class 47 in BR Blue, you did not have to run it, just looking at it was enough it was big and very heavy, and it blew me away,

Steady George, I knew it would not be long before the old O Gauge Bug struck again - Very hard to keep away from it once you have been bitten - Hope your pockets are a bit deeper this time !! - Better get a thread going Hahaha.

Happy new year.

Cheers, Bob.

Indeed very impressive and despite being like its OO gauge counterpart that looks nothing like a 47!

I would really love to build a DJH one or the new upcoming JLTRT version. Both of those look excellent (of course we have only seen the CADs on the JLTRT version so far)

She did look the Mutts Nuts mate. These pics were taken on St Budoc,

post-9335-0-17605000-1451560622_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83521900-1451560640_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year guys. Someone has messed about with the brightness on my PC screen as it's giving me a headache. I can't think of any other cause...

• RMweb Premium

Ten past nine in the morning and no signs of George yet! :no:

He must have had a good night. :O

Happy New Year Andy

And of course all RMwebbers

Terry

:stinker:  :stinker: :stinker:

Archived