Transacord

coronach

• RMweb Premium

That is strange, you have no sleeve notes because I received jpeg files of both the front and back cover of the original vinyl release with my files.

I can't see them anywhere in my download folder, but I have all the sound files.  Odd.  Anyone got the 'trains in the night' notes please? 

I have many of the original albums and 45's, together with the O Winston Link N&W ones, full set.  I love listening to them, but they are nothing without the sleeve notes :cry:

• RMweb Premium

The catalogue page might be up but it isn't working properly.  The payment transaction would not complete.  Perhaps importantly the base page is still showing an offline message.

http://www.transacord.co.uk/

Yes, I tried too.  I contacted Transacord and received the following reply:

'The site is in test mode at present while we make improvements and no money has been taken from your account at this time.

Please keep an eye on the site's hme page at http://www.transacord.co.uk/ to see when the site goes live gain'.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Of course, its not only a steam archive:

http://6lda.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/this-is-the-sound-this-is-the-sound-of-the-sulzers/

I wonder it they will re-release this one

Website still down though :-(

I certainly agree, Diesels in the Highlands is a superb album. Unfortunatly, I don't think Transacord have found the orignal recordings (yet). Glad I still have my LP.

Transacord, I can still remember my introduction to, not only stereo sound but head phones as well. I think it was a hard working V2 on the Waverley route which grew in volume in my left head phone as it approached and made me "jump" as it passed through and receded into the distance in my right head phone. "Nothing in the middle to stop it", I will say before some one else does! :nono:  

• RMweb Premium

Its up and fully running. Just paid for and down loaded Shap. Wonderful stuff.

Probably the closest thing we will get to Shap in the 1960s is Peter Handford providing the sound and Derek Cross providing the pictures !  From the Shap album, my favourites are the Brit starting away from Tebay with 14 coaches plus a banker and later on a Jubilee approaching the summit at a slow pace with 57 ft stock plus a 12 wheeler (probably a dining car.

• RMweb Premium

I contacted Transacord today to say that I was pleased that they were back up and running and that some interest has been shown on RM Web. 

He responded to me explaining that the website is the initiative of Peter Handford's daughter and son in law and that further releases will be dependent on the interest shown

The more people that support it, the better it will be.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I bought another album today to support them - no sleeve notes AGAIN....I await their response.  Previous messages in this regard have gone un answered, which is a shame.  I love these records, and would buy them all on digital(I have most on vinyl already, but they're in storage) but they are of little enjoyment without knowing what I'm listening to.  I Sad.

• RMweb Premium

I bought another album today to support them - no sleeve notes AGAIN....I await their response.  Previous messages in this regard have gone un answered, which is a shame.  I love these records, and would buy them all on digital(I have most on vinyl already, but they're in storage) but they are of little enjoyment without knowing what I'm listening to.  I Sad.

the sleeve notes came with all of my downloads.  They are JPG files of the LP covers (front and back) 

• RMweb Premium

the sleeve notes came with all of my downloads.  They are JPG files of the LP covers (front and back) 

Neither of my two recent purchase have them - Trains in the Night and Southern Steam.  I can't work this out, I got no reply to my e mail :-(

• RMweb Gold

Hi,everyone. I've just successfully purchased Trains To Remember, Great Central (just travelling behind Jutland right now!), and Railway to Riccarton. I have the covers as JPG images. Purchased via PayPal. Thoroughly recommended!

All the best,

Market65.

Neither of my two recent purchase have them - Trains in the Night and Southern Steam.  I can't work this out, I got no reply to my e mail :-(

I too purchased 'Trains in the Night' in the eary hours of this morning using Paypal.

I actually received three downloads that turned out all to be the same set of audio files, but like Neil, no accompanying set of notes.

I have never used this way of downloading MP3 files using Paypal before so it is probably me having overlooked some button in the process. AFAIK I have until tomorrow to repeat all the downloading - can anyone please explain where I might have gone wrong?.

The recordings (like my old vinyl Transacord discs) are beautifully evocative, but it would be good to read about exactly what I am listening to.

dh

• RMweb Gold

I too found the sleeve notes were included.

When I opened the zip file I had downloaded the bottom 2 files on the list were the front and back of the LP cover, for Railway to Riccarton the files names are:  

ztr26 and ztr126b

Type: jpeg image.

So the files I have are:  

post-5613-0-51265400-1423405663.jpg

These are only the file titles, not the whole thing with the sounds!!!

When I extract the files they appear in whichever folder I have extracted them to as well.

David

Edited by DaveF