NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Not much modelling going on at the moment but hopefully things will pick up as I have a few important bits and bobs to sort out........and I am not leaving it to the night before the exhibition this time.....

May I take the opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

I shall be off to work a bit later and coming home next year.

Norman assures me that he will have a New Years image for us all in due course.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dartmoor still has three (adjacent) live firing exercise areas used for battle practice and including artillery and mortar fire.  Past trains to/from Dartmoor included various military vehicles but i don't think AFVs have been used there for a long time. When tehhranges are open for public access walkers etc are duly enjoined not to pick up any unexploded ordnance they might come across (and some of those who have picked up such stuff have suffered the consequences).

I know about the last bit, having done a bit of walking in the area (in the longago dreamtime when I was still fit enough for this sort of thing).  Picking up stuff that might go bang is also an issue when the footpaths are open at Castlemartin.  Not to mention seaside walking at Pembrey, or Whitford on Gower, where the phrase 'collecting shells on the beach' may not have the meaning it has in other locations...

• RMweb Gold

Well, just finished. Home to a nice glass of port, Dow's Trademark as it happens. Nice end to the shift.

Hopefully back to the railway muddling.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As was pointed out yesterday, Muttons first exhibition is two weeks tomorrow. A quick round up yesterday evening revealed a lot still to do........mmm....

post-14122-0-91041300-1515132755.jpg

Edited by nhy581

- less is more.

Then I have achieved Much.

Because nobody has done less than I did last year.

2018 will be different as I hope to progress beyond the baseboard stage before cracking the whatsits and demolishing it again.

It has now been 20 years and two house moves since I had to dismantle My last (completed?) permanent layout and the procrastination that has existed with half ar$ed efforts since has been quite something (or nothing).

You blokes who whip up layouts in the blink of an eye (less than 5 years) have my enduring admiration. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Then I have achieved Much.

Because nobody has done less than I did last year.

2018 will be different as I hope to progress beyond the baseboard stage before cracking the whatsits and demolishing it again.

It has now been 20 years and two house moves since I had to dismantle My last (completed?) permanent layout and the procrastination that has existed with half ar$ed efforts since has been quite something (or nothing).

You blokes who whip up layouts in the blink of an eye (less than 5 years) have my enduring admiration. :)

Buy a shelf and build a little something.....

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi CK. Rmweb, Taunton.

Sheep lane is off to Pontypridd in April. Mutton is also in the running for the other Cardiff Show in October.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am now playing with paving slabs which will be laid around Muttons station building..

Grey base colour and powders.

Rob.

post-14122-0-04023500-1515326189_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

If they are roadside paving slabs, it was quite often the case where the kerb stones were of a different (harder) material and longer than the more rectangular pavement slabs.

All noted Stubbers but I am using what I have to hand. In this case they are edging stones cut away from Ratio platforms.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

Here's a view of the pavement roughly assembled.

Bit chunky but I like it. Once glued down I will have a final dabble.

Rob.

post-14122-0-46021300-1515339161_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

A view of Mutton not normally available...

(Wonky lamp post now sorted)

post-14122-0-33384600-1515348156_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 15