Oh to have images like that one, lurking in my loft.

Not many, i can tell you.

Most tend to be from the 80`s. When i used to take my nephew around and about, the old depots.

I think a lot of my wezzie pics, have being lost.

But then again who knows.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Time for an update with some recent copyright additions.

First D9527 at Keynsham in 1965 (1st September) with a trip to the Fry's factory - I've been looking for one of these for a while, class 22s were known to do this working too. Prototype inspiration for my two Heljan class 14s. The original slide has the full loco in frame.

post-6925-0-60463500-1498508602_thumb.png

Next an unidentified Western at Dreweats lock, slide is dated 1 Dec 1973. Any ideas of the loco?

post-6925-0-08850900-1498508617_thumb.png

Another unidentified Western at Newbury, slide dated 5th May 1974. I've yet to check, but that patch repair near the headboard clip looks familiar?

post-6925-0-18566000-1498508644_thumb.png

D1011 at Plymouth, slide dated 14th June 1974

post-6925-0-31442700-1498508659_thumb.png

Finally, and excuse my diesel electric distraction, D25 at Bath Green park, on what looks like a local Bristol service via Mangotsfield. S & D slides normally command a premium, this was quite cheap considering it comes with copyright, and formerly in the colour rail catalogue. The original is now mine. 1965.

post-6925-0-30051200-1498508673_thumb.png

Neil

Edited by Downendian
  • Like 16

First D9528 at Keynsham in 1965 (1st September) with a trip to the Fry's factory - I've been looking for one of these for a while, class 22s were known to do this working too. Prototype inspiration for my two Heljan class 14s. The original slide has the full loco in frame.

attachicon.gifIMG_2117.PNG

Neil,

I think that you'll find that it is D9527.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

attachicon.gif1-MSP - 056 - 1057.1008 Old Oak Common.jpg

D1057/D1008. 81A. 11.4.71.

I've been keeping my powder dry on this one, but now you can have it!

Mike.

Cracking shot Mike. I have D1057 logged at Southall on 7 4 71,and at Ealing Broadway the day after. A further sight of Chieftan was on the occasion of the Reading depot open day on 19 6 71.Of course,to my young eyes back then,it was just another Western.Wish I could remember more of those times....

Neil

Mike.

Cracking shot......

Saw it twice in this 'condition' .

On both occasions at Cardiff; 12th. and 31st. July, 1971.

Never recorded it again until 19th. June 1972 at Newport.

Brian R

Edited by br2975

Mike.

Great shot Mike I have been searching  for shots of D1057  in 1971 for my next weathering project for Shenston road.If their are any more out there it would be very much appreciated if they could be posted.

• RMweb Gold

Great shot Mike I have been searching  for shots of D1057  in 1971 for my next weathering project for Shenston road.If their are any more out there it would be very much appreciated if they could be posted.

Regrettably not from me, as an impoverished 17 year old apprentice, money was tight, it either went on rail fares or film in varying percentages, I must have been flush that weekend, took quite a few pics in London village.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Could be appearing on Abbotswood MK2 too.....!!!

Phil

• Like 4

Regrettably not from me, as an impoverished 17 year old apprentice, money was tight, it either went on rail fares or film in varying percentages, I must have been flush that weekend, took quite a few pics in London village.

Mike.

I was a 12 year old urchin whose money went on watching QPR and/or spotting trips to the London termini and the like.Did you take any Warship  pictures that day,and do you still have a record of what you saw...???

Neil

• RMweb Gold

I was a 12 year old urchin whose money went on watching QPR and/or spotting trips to the London termini and the like.Did you take any Warship  pictures that day,and do you still have a record of what you saw...???

Neil

Do you mean like this?

post-5471-0-26113000-1499060710_thumb.jpg

I do have my spotting books from the day, but currently buried under all my other railway stuff in the garage, you may have to be patient!

Mike.

• Like 8

Do you mean like this?

attachicon.gif1-MSP - 051 - 821 Old Oak Common.jpg

I do have my spotting books from the day, but currently buried under all my other railway stuff in the garage, you may have to be patient!

Mike.

Yep,exactly like that!! Very atmospheric picture,could be 5530 or 5536 just in shot too...Any more pictures in due course would be great,as would the contents of your spotting books!!

Neil

• RMweb Gold

I remember long ago "collecting" a piece of flaked paint from a well worn Western, sellotaped into the back of my spotting notebook. I was astonished at the time to be able to make out Maroon paint, obviously from a previous livery. I assume that is what is showing through on these well worn blue hydraulics.

Neil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So travelled up to

Do you mean like this?

attachicon.gif1-MSP - 051 - 821 Old Oak Common.jpg

Mike.

So had cause to travel up to London yesterday

Whilst I don't have that much enthusiasm for the modern scene I always keep my eyes open. So although Old Oak is now largely flattened there are still the GWR maintenance buildings closer to the main line than the old depot.

And guess what was sat outside sunning herself in the evening rays? D821 Greyhound! Getting on for 50 years after your picture Mike ....hows that for a blast from the past?

Phil

• Like 2