RISEX 2015 Model Railway Exhibition - 21st February

ANT

RISEX 2015 Model Railway Exhibition

Presented by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

Saturday 21st of February 2015

Admission: Adult £3.00, Child £2.00

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

See our Club Website for more details: http://www.rdmrc.org.uk

Thanks
SEEYA
ANT

Looking forwards to the show and the cakes.

Cakes!!! Now that's a very good reason for going to Risex, they are superb!!!

Layouts are usually great but cakes put the icing on the show. (Yes we do need a "groan" button)

John

• RMweb Gold

Fisherton Sarum www.fishertonsarum.com will be be making its first of three exhibition appearances for this year at this show.

It will be the closest show it has ever attended as I can probably hit the community centre with a lump of steam coal thrown from my front door from my slightly lofty position on the Chiltern Hills escarpment.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

r2j394.jpg

2elqwys.jpg

245n9d5.jpg

At Risex will be Geoff Williams model of Aylesbury station which will only be one of two showings the other being Railex 2016. The model will be in its full 30 feet length, and will have the backscene and townscene which are missing from the photos.

Last night I saw the layout assembled in it full form and although I have seen photos in the past the whole thing just blew me away.

David

Hello

The latest news on Risex or should I say Cakex, is that we have a great selection of cakes lined up for you to buy at the show.

Our Risex Exhibition Manager wanted to call it The Great Risex Bake off.

So, Come for the trains stay for the Cake.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

As usual a great little show with some quality layouts although Aylesbury was probably the most impressive - well worth the visit thanks.

I fully agree with Mike, with the addition that the carrot cake was superb. Very well done the organisers and the bakers!

John

Well done to the team, it was an excellent show as normal. Impressive variety and quality of layouts (you've done a great job with Aylesbury). The quality of the catering was high - and the provision of the mini sausage rolls at 25p each was possibly a stroke of genius. The cake was as good as advertised. The catering area was a bit crowded and chaotic but I don't think there's much you could do to alleviate it.

Went this morning Aylesbury is a fantastic layout and I felt old as when I moved to Aylesbury in 1961 the station building and yard were still there and we had a regular freight service with Black Fives an 8F and  Mickey Mouse every now and then..This layout should be in the proposed museum centre as it an icon in modeling.and must not be lost maybe the Aylesbury Society can come up with some info about it and maybe the county museum could be persuaded to host it for a couple of days there must be many people in Aylesbury who remember it.Addison Park was excellent and Phil this wont be your last layout will it !!!!!!! liked the trolleybuses and the stock was excellent.This a very friendly show in the Risboro tradition remember when we used to exhibit at Thame Town Hall all the stairs! Thanks lads for another show.

• RMweb Gold

A good show as usual, my operating team and myself had an enjoyable day with Fisherton Sarum and thanks to the RDMRC for their hospitality. Thanks also to all the visitors and friends alike whom took the time to come and say hello and comment or ask questions about Fisherton Sarum.

If I hadn't been been exhibiting I still would have visited the show, as just being able to take a look at Aylesbury High Street would have been worth it but Addison Park was also a most welcome surprise and an excellent piece of 3mm modelling.

Hello

Well, we had a great show on Saturday, so many thanks to all who came along.  

I was only on the Secondhand stall for a short while in the afternoon.  The morning was spent showing round our MP John Bercow.

The numbers through the door where up a little on last year, so that's good, and plenty of cake was had by all!

Below are some photos of the layouts:

The first was my favourite Addison Park

post-7053-0-09573300-1424700375_thumb.jpg

Now we have a couple of Aylesbury High Street, because of the height of the layout the first photo I held the camera above my head to obtain the shot!

post-7053-0-25582300-1424700435_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-10880300-1424700459_thumb.jpg

Then Horseley Fields

post-7053-0-76034500-1424700521_thumb.jpg

Followed by Earl's Court

post-7053-0-29526900-1424700574_thumb.jpg

Then comes a couple of Fisherton Sarum

post-7053-0-45066300-1424700630_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-42509700-1424700687_thumb.jpg

With St Frazal Le Chateau below

post-7053-0-47137500-1424700875_thumb.jpg

Thanks