Railroom Electronics
Ray Heard
Rural Railways
Titfield Thunderbolt

Demonstrator and Society stands:
Colonel Stephens Society
Dave Murdoch
Ffestiniog Railway Society
NDMRC Club stand - information, displays and club test track (N/OO)
WC&P Railway Group

Charity stand:
Children’s Hospice (SW) – Wraxall

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

We are looking forward to revisiting Nailsea show with our layout Georgemas Jct. As of the end of last year the layout is now DCC controlled with sound fitted stock. See you in a few weeks time.

Cheers

George

Hello

We are looking forward to revisiting Nailsea show with our layout Georgemas Jct. As of the end of last year the layout is now DCC controlled with sound fitted stock. See you in a few weeks time.

Cheers

George

Look forward to seeing you and the layout there...

• 2 weeks later...

It was with great regret that I had to pull out from this show last week, due to family illness issues, so unfortunately Bleakhouse Road will not be there.

Sorry to hear that, CK - hope everything get better for you and/or yours very soon.

A substitute layout has been announced, OP has been changed...

• RMweb Gold

Just off to the show with the Baron. We're taking ZOB Hafen dock layout, built in P220 scale (Proto Z and not just plain Z!)

His Nibs will be cross otherwise if I don't point that out  and I've got to work with him all weekend!. :biggrin_mini: ............................you have no idea what that can be like :tease: .........! It can be worse than working for the Captain!

post-6728-0-65523700-1426251184_thumb.jpg

Just off to the show with the Baron. We're taking ZOB Hafen dock layout, built in P220 scale (Proto Z and not just plain Z!)

His Nibs will be cross otherwise if I don't point that out  and I've got to work with him all weekend!. :biggrin_mini: ............................you have no idea what that can be like :tease: .........! It can be worse than working for the Captain!

attachicon.gifZOB Hafen.jpg

Layout looks great - looking forward to seeing it 'in the flesh', so to speak...

Thanks for saving me the task of bumping the topic... :D :sungum:

Everything looks good at the moment - come on down and see over the weekend - you won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately Titfield Thunderbolt bookstore has had to pull out due to illness - one of our members has stood in with a display of larger scale models, DCC and sound-fitted.

• RMweb Gold

Many apologies, as talisman56  reports, I was laid low yesterday lunchtime and as a consequence the Titfield Thunderbolt bookstall is unable to attend this weekend.

This show is always very good from every point of view and I am very disappointed to be missing it this year.

Apologies again, to the club and any visitors inconvenienced by my absence. I hope you all have a great time nonetheless, I am sure you will.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Just spent a pleasant few hours at this show - despite the lack of Titfield it was well worth the journey with a selection of very nice layouts and some very useful traders - and I managed to pick up a 64XX in BR green too...

Recommended (the loco and the show)

Chris

Good show, nice layout selection with a nice mix of scales and glad I came back for the second year in the row. Nice to chat to a few RMWebbers and some familiar faces. My kids loved Clapham, the Grim reaper took some explaining!

Clapham. Clapham? Oh, Cl-A-Ph-A-M (Clevedon and Portishead Armchair Modellers) - The layout name was Devonport Road - complete with various scenic features, including a HazMat team on a bridge inspecting some dumped oil-drums and some Daleks on a container flat...

• RMweb Gold

The Baron and I had an excellent time at this most convivial show. The venue was superb. Light modern and airy with interesting shapes. A mile away from cold and soulless halls. It was our first time there and it was very well organized by the N&DMRC.

Here's the start of a  selection of what was there.

First up is Jerry and Kim Clifford's delightful 'Tucking Mill' in 2mm finescale. I was allowed to have a play and was most impressed with the effectiveness of DG couplings.

I had been bought up on a force fed diet  :P of the three links and 'hand in the sky' method but DGs do seem to fit the bill for me!

An interesting interloper to a quiet backwater of Somerset!

post-6728-0-36904600-1426499625_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-55692100-1426499641_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-15170400-1426500385_thumb.jpg

An excellent feel of 'depth and perspective' with the painting seen here.

post-6728-0-09058800-1426500445_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-39159600-1426500542_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-11745500-1426500559_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-34935200-1426500577_thumb.jpg

More to come later as the foundations for the new workshop await!

Hello

Many thanks to Nailsea MRC for inviting us, and Georgemas Jct, to their show. After a bit of a sticky start on Saturday things seemed to settle down over the weekend. Apologies for being a bit under the weather which led me to get a bit rattled and short of breath at times but I feel a lot better now. Good to see the 'clapped out' brigade in action with their new layout and to catch up with them. I agree it is a very nice venue and there were a lot of good  layouts there. We may be back in a year or so depending of course that they want us back. Only time will.

Cheers

George 

• RMweb Gold

...some more of the delights!

Burnham-on-Sea was built by the Late Dennis Brownlee, a leading light in the past of the 2mm society. I understand that the lovely hotel on the corner still survives. Also of note is the RNLI boat house with the lifeboat being launched and recovered  by winch on its own trolley that was run down the 'extended' rails into the sea.

I was told that there used to be a coin operated mechanism to launch the model and again to recover it! Payment went to RNLI funds. A splendid scheme. 

post-6728-0-11139100-1426510439_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-41844100-1426510482_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-25225500-1426510497_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-55324000-1426510515_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-88552800-1426510540_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-69539800-1426510563_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-92579100-1426510584_thumb.jpg

This 2mm stuff really does have an attraction......!

Mmmm.............!

...some more of the delights!

Burnham-on-Sea was built by the Late Dennis Brownlee, a leading light in the past of the 2mm society. I understand that the lovely hotel on the corner still survives. Also of note is the RNLI boat house with the lifeboat being launched and recovered  by winch on its own trolley that was run down the 'extended' rails into the sea.

I was told that there used to be a coin operated mechanism to launch the model and again to recover it! Payment went to RNLI funds. A splendid scheme. 

This 2mm stuff really does have an attraction......!

Mmmm.............!

I agree, a lovely layout which I have seen a few times now and all the buidings in the street are a joy. The hotel on the seafront corner is now a Wetherspoons pub ( The Reeds Arms)  

cheers

• RMweb Gold

...a few more.

Broadford, HO Australian (standard & broad gauge)

Blue colourlight shunt signals unique to Victoria Rlys I believe

post-6728-0-81577200-1426614641_thumb.jpg

On the standard gauge.

post-6728-0-26112900-1426614718_thumb.jpg

On the broad gauge

post-6728-0-29980200-1426614755_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-00418100-1426614809_thumb.jpg

VR F class shunter. (BR Class 11) on the standard gauge. In actuality they were only converted to the broad gauge. Nice paint job

post-6728-0-31511100-1426614992_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-33219500-1426615012_thumb.jpg

Archived