Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

• RMweb Premium

This is my MR 2P with its new transfers from Railtec, will have cycling lions from Pressfix IF I can find two decent ones.

Also got the 47 transfers for the loco which worked the 2D above.

14 minutes ago, MJI said:

This is my MR 2P with its new transfers from Railtec, will have cycling lions from Pressfix IF I can find two decent ones.

I have the early crest cycling lions available below, if you need:

4mm-4300

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=2126

Perfect print registration and crisp, vibrant colours.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

At the moment, you, Brian Hanson, Wizard, High Level, and Gibson are doing well out of me!!!!

And LRM, Precision, various Ebay sellers.

Too many good products out there.

The 2P is a cheap S/H Hornby branded Airfix 2P with a bust chassis. Comet chassis, LRM tender, Gibson wheels, Highlevel gearbox and motor, Halfords spray can black, will have your transfers. Will refit handrails as RHD after transfers.

Cheap Ebay Lima 47s scrub up well with a few etched bits and laserglazing, the choose your own running number transfers are so good for this.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just started on the 2P while also doing some aircons and have hit an issue.

The BR steam era mixed traffic lining does not have any large enough in radius to do the splashers. Supplied are roughly 10mm radius / 20mm diameter, need roughly 15mm radius / 30mm diameter.

Not measured nor tried bending yet as still doing boiler bands, I only do one at a time, let them dry then Klear, then do next.

Any ideas please?

• RMweb Gold

Really pleased with my first use of the Railtec custom Tops panels for wagons.  5B90F468-2FE6-443B-96D0-2AC64C9982D4.jpeg.ac397ea40dd2240a42a6b45beb648b5a.jpeg

As with the custom coach numbers it just makes life so much easier than applying individual digits. 

Will be ordering more soon to do my Sea Urchins, with more to follow later in the year.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2023 at 18:35, The Fatadder said:

Really pleased with my first use of the Railtec custom Tops panels for wagons.  5B90F468-2FE6-443B-96D0-2AC64C9982D4.jpeg.ac397ea40dd2240a42a6b45beb648b5a.jpeg

As with the custom coach numbers it just makes life so much easier than applying individual digits. 

Will be ordering more soon to do my Sea Urchins, with more to follow later in the year.

That does look good!  Where did you find the custom TOPS panels, as I can't seem to find them on the site and I have a rake of N scale ZCA Sea Urchins in need of them.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

That does look good!  Where did you find the custom TOPS panels, as I can't seem to find them on the site and I have a rake of N scale ZCA Sea Urchins in need of them.

https://railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4892

Link is to the 4mm version, not sure if a 2mm one is currently listed, but it is a fantastic product.

There is also another similar product for text which can be used to get the SEA URCHIN lettering.  The only thing that is missing at the moment is the short TOPS panel used on the low height urchins (of which I think I need 3 sets).  Hopefully it will also be possible to do that as well...

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, westerner said:

How can I contact rail-tec I have tried two different email address over the past couple of weeks, all to no avail. I am inquiring about have some custom transfers made for a wagon I have built.

Alan

PMing here is good just for the minute. Both email address likely point to the same receiving inbox, which constantly teeters either side of the storage limit. I must have spent an hour only today stripping out a huge amount of large attachments which I receive on a daily basis in an attempt to keep under the limit and keeping it possible to send/receive. Not to mention it is an absolute epic just trying to keep on top of the huge amount of inbound comms across various platforms in addition to putting out 500+ new products a year for everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. 

Was wondefing if anybody has had railtec reduce in scale in stock transfers from 4mm/7mm to 2mm. I Would like to finish off some brake vans and the sheet (4mm ref 7310) only seems available in 4/7mm. I am sure there is a reason but i just though i would ask the question. 

Many thanks  

Adam. 

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 117puzzler said:

Hi there. 

Was wondefing if anybody has had railtec reduce in scale in stock transfers from 4mm/7mm to 2mm. I Would like to finish off some brake vans and the sheet (4mm ref 7310) only seems available in 4/7mm. I am sure there is a reason but i just though i would ask the question. 

Many thanks  

Adam. 

Hi Adam,

Yes, Steve will reduce the scale of his decals to 2mm and has done a few for me.

It is not always instantaneous and depends on his workload.

Best to drop him a request

13 hours ago, 117puzzler said:

Hi there. 

Many thanks  

Adam. 

Hi Adam, as a general rule of thumb, yes - but there are some caveats:

- Availability of resource. Many will know that I spend pretty much all day every day helping as many people as physically possible, and whilst some jobs may appear straight-forward, this may not always be the case depending on what it is. To be fair, some are very easy and where something is a genuine 5 minute job then I will try to knock it out there and then, as it can be low hanging fruit such as those quick and easy jobs which help keep a niche enterprise afloat from one month to the next. Other jobs may still be very easy but need time setting aside. Multiply that by an eye-watering number of "easy" jobs on the list and you get the idea.

- Rescaling downwards (and particularly to 2mm) is actually much more challenging than scaling upwards. Simply hitting a rescale button and realigning the elements into a new pack often results in some of those elements not looking right when printed at the new scale. Crests are a good example. They may look epic at 7mm but if I take a crest as-is and print out the same thing at 2mm, it will look awful so there can often be a lot of reverse engineering and tweaking so that elements look right in each scale. And that can take a huge amount of time, sometimes bordering on not viable - at least if you want it to look half decent. Some may just hit the rescale button and not be quite as bothered, but it's just not in me to send something out unless I'd be happy to receive it myself and unless it looks as good as I can possibly make it look. But even plain text needs tweaking to look right at 2mm - something which I started doing about a year ago. Small black text in particular can look too bold, thick, heavy, blotchy and fuzzy if just re-scaled without hacks made to the printing software.

- When scaling downwards the new would-be pack can sometimes end up being no larger than an inch square, which I don't mind doing, but in a way it seems a shame to have such a small pack, so if there are other numbers / variations which would logically fit in that pack then I like to try to do that. But that then needs more research and possibly designing, so I have to make the decision to either go with a tiny tiny pack to help the person who's asked for it, or hang back and make it more meaty. It's a weekly quandry.

BUT anyway, all that said - which I thought may be a useful time to enlighten and explain why some seemingly easy tasks may take a while, the brake van pack (4/7mm-7310) whilst it isn't a 5 minute job, is relatively do-able. But bear with me. Once it's cooked it'll appear on t'internet.

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Railtec folks! I've been looking at your GUV/motorail transfers -- do you happen to ship to the U.S.? I can't find anything on your site about international shipping. Thanks!

1 hour ago, MattR said:

Hi Railtec folks! I've been looking at your GUV/motorail transfers -- do you happen to ship to the U.S.? I can't find anything on your site about international shipping. Thanks!

Hiya Matt, yes - pretty much on a daily basis.

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It may be me wot can't find it, but do you do customisable wagon pre TOPS numbers, boxed and unboxed?

Mike.

I do in 3mm, HO, 4mm and 7mm via the below:

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=customisable+wagon

2mm will follow when I get a spare few minutes!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1