The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

It had to happen one day - getting old !

lapford34102

Thank you all for your support. I feel I might well be in good company.
After an evening of deep reflection I feel that as a holder of a Bus pass and a Senior Railcard yesterday's events now  

justify me getting an "Old Guys Rule" T shirt and do my best to grow old disgracefully.
Someone get me a beer.........................  :-)

Stu

Welcome to the cruel World of ageism which I first experienced at 44 years of age. I hope you have got a secure job as if not be prepared for a life of short term contracts with big gaps between them with months looking for work and attending pointless interviews where many employers passively destroy you !

• RMweb Premium

My eldest bro is 60 today - where has the time gone, that as an 11 year old, I managed to "drop him" and from that day on, he never picked a fight with me ever again!

40 and a bit years on and I'm still not letting him forget.......................

Cheers,

Mick

I once said to a woman pushing a trolley around Tesco in Vauxhall with a baby in it, It’s nice being a grandparent cos  you can give them back. The Air was Blue for several minutes as I quickly realised my mistake and the queue at the till erupted in female laughter.     :scratchhead: :nono:

A few thoughts for you-

1/ Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

2/ Age is merely experience.

3/ grow old disgracefully, it is much more fun!

4/ Carry on as you did 20 years ago, you can regret it tomorrow when you wake up and your muscles remind you how old you really are!

After an evening of deep reflection I feel that as a holder of a Bus pass and a Senior Railcard yesterday's events now  

justify me getting an "Old Guys Rule" T shirt and do my best to grow old disgracefully.

Someone get me a beer.........................  :-)

Stu

My dear wife bought me a few 'Old Guys' t-shirts Christmas before last, my favourite is a black one with a Triumph motorcycle underneath it sez 'loud, fast, and built to last' - according to her it suits me, is she trying to say summat ??

Archived