The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry! I guess you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms .... and that you aren't the only one to be doing so!

In Engine Shed, Hornby have created an effective means of communicating with us - bringing us information about forthcoming models, and teases about as yet unannounced models. I will be very pleased when it resumes in two weeks time!

John

Don't worry! I guess you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms .... and that you aren't the only one to be doing so!

In Engine Shed, Hornby have created an effective means of communicating with us - bringing us information about forthcoming models, and teases about as yet unannounced models. I will be very pleased when it resumes in two weeks time!

John

Less than 2 weeks...19th is the next edition if I'm not mistaken! That's less than a week away

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any one know why I'm still waiting for today's Engine Shed

Hornby said they'll be posting the next blog on next Friday, 23/09/16... Maybe there was nothing to show or post about, we just had 2 consecutive blogs on the un-rebuilt Merchant Navy (before anyone starts off a string of useless posts regarding the term "un-rebuilt", please note that I don't think the way anyone describes it affects the prototype or model).

So far this year Hornby haven't gone crazy announcing models throughout the year (which I admit I miss a little bit). I don't think there's anything left to show apart from actual painted samples of th un-rebuilt Merchant Navy.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

Oh  :scratchhead:

I must have missed that announcement. Not sure how I'm going to last another week, but I do agree the likelihood is that there is nothing to say. 

I have been wondering if we were going to start getting any hints as to projected new releases, even though there is a lot of stuff held over from this year to fill next years catalogue

Oh  :scratchhead:

I must have missed that announcement. Not sure how I'm going to last another week, but I do agree the likelihood is that there is nothing to say. 

I have been wondering if we were going to start getting any hints as to projected new releases, even though there is a lot of stuff held over from this year to fill next years catalogue

Indeed...I would usually read the blog multiple times over the weekend. This weekend I needed a good blog to read. Looks like I'll have to survive an extra week. Maybe next week we'll see an announcement (lead by possible clues) because I surely cannot see painted EPs of the un-rebuilt Merchant Navy come so soon.

Or maybe we'll get a bog showing all the background work of the manufacturing of a model.

I hope it won't be a silly one (TBH the silliest blog I've ever seen was when they tried to highlight their rotten Class 91)

There was a post on their FB page (on Thursday/yesterday I think) - that a dog had eaten their homework and the next Engine Shed blog would be next week.

Or that the "heatwave" had buckled the tracks and derailed their train of thought......

• RMweb Premium

Tut tut. While i welcome the news of a new 86 or 87, i do feel that Hornby have really got shape wrong this time.

It looks more some steamy thing than an electric....

Seems Hornby are really off their game. Mistaking a gorgeously shaped steam loco for some ugly electric box thing. Shame on you Hornby! (This post is intended purely as humouress before anyone gets their goat up!)

• Like 1

What's all this about a class H? All I can see is a nice looking hopper wagon! (Now removing tongue from cheek!)

I think a few of those mixed in with some LNER ones and hopefully one day some ex-NER ones will look cock-on behind a Q6! Now, back to the not-so guessing games, and may the froth be with us all!

Cheers

J

The Wainwright Green colour shown in the CAD was done by the same person who knocked up the GWR green, so must be perfectly correct and its our eyesight that is wrong.

I was really excited at the possible prospect of an H in the full Wainwright livery but then I thought "green ... Hornby aren't that reliable when it comes to green"

The light green of LNER seems to be OKay, for all I know, and I have always liked their Southern olive green, but the Drummond green on their LSWR M7, though acceptable, was not the ideal shade, and Hornby really seem to hate the GW, painting its livery as blue-green and mud-green by turns.

The beautiful Wainwright dark green could be a disaster - the wrong shade and flat.  I pray that they pull the stops out as Bachmann did to get it right, after all, only a company run by idiots would pass up the chance to render the preserved example and emulate Bachmann's success with the Wainwright lined C Class.