RMweb

New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

I'm afraid it's a dry show Paul.... 

But being Tea Total (apart from when Axlebox leads me astray at train related events) I was thinking along the lines of another fee. A Tunnicks wafer or teacake perchance? or maybe a Wiggie Salad?

I've got an out of date Tennents lager if that'll do. If you don't like the big T it's paint stripping qualities are well known.

Ah you've just give me an idea. I've just used up my last gallon of Dot 4 brake fluid for stripping paint of my models. This new environmentally friendly stuff just doesn't cut the mustard. Maybe I need to stock up on Big T. My spy's tell me four pints of the stuff applied in the right pub and everything's off within minutes.

The bufferstops are cast, just the drawing and instructions to do so next week.

I'm fully buffered up at the moment. It's the tail lamps I'm needing...

P

Tunnicks indeed...he gets like that if he hasn't had a drink...probably time to take him out and give him a good watering again...I hear Glasgow can be good for this towards the end of February...

...I'd buy shares in Williams bros brewery now if I were you...

...next he'll be ranting about bus shelters, lamp posts and petrol pumps...

A/box

ps...£10 says he'll bang his head the first time he gets on the Subway...

• Like 2

Luvverly job Mr F - even got that extra bit of 'meat' between the body and the lens where the red slide slips in on the side lamps; presumably they also have the lens on the other side as well?  Definitely one of the best 'better mouse traps' to appear in the model railway world this century (or the previous one).

Thanks Mr Stationmaster, I've tried to replicate the slide for the red filter and the side pocket for same. As you know the front lens is simple as it only shows 'white', I've painted it steel coloured as that looks about right for daytime running.

post-10324-0-26109200-1453546769.jpg

I'll be making the production mould next week and all the lamps, including the later and more common LMS/BR loco lamp with slides will be available early February. Okay Porcy?

All the best,

Dave Franks

• Like 3

Tunnicks indeed...he gets like that if he hasn't had a drink...probably time to take him out and give him a good watering again...I hear Glasgow can be good for this towards the end of February...

...I'd buy shares in Williams bros brewery now if I were you...

A/box

What can I say?

Here's a thought, how's about I organise something for the Saturday night for our groups, there's a cracking Indian restaurant just at the squinty brig and it's only a couple o' hundred yards for you lot the crawl back to the hotel. The Retford mob seemed to enjoy themselves a couple of years ago.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

100 lines boy.

TUNNOCKS.

As you can probably tell, I'm not edjoocated in the finer points of Scottish Junk food. Apparently these Tunnocks things have a mesmerizing effect and can become quite addictive. Bit  like Tennants I suppose.

post-508-0-77502000-1453546582.jpg

Haggis, Tattie and Neeps. Thats a real delicacy I'm looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with.

Someone has to look out for endangered species. Maybe I should add haggis to the list.

"Subway".  How colonial sounding. Is that the thing that goes round in a circle that the locals build to 00 gauge?

P

As you can probably tell, I'm not edjoocated in the finer points of Scottish Junk food. Apparently these Tunnocks things have a mesmerizing effect and can become quite addictive. Bit  like Tennants I suppose.

attachicon.gifTunnickBoy.jpg

Haggis, Tattie and Neeps. Thats a real delicacy I'm looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with.

Someone has to look out for endangered species. Maybe I should add haggis to the list.

"Subway".  How colonial sounding. Is that the thing that goes round in a circle that the locals build to 00 gauge?

P

Hey, leave our former great leader out of this, remember you need to get your visa stamped and the exhibition manager won't be too happy if he has to bail you out on the Thursday night.

And... Tunnocks tea cakes are not, repeat not 'junk food, ask Mike'. Like the Caramel wafer they are to be savoured and enjoyed, both in company or in solitude.

As regards the Subway yes it is even narrower than OO gauge being 4ft 1220mm but it is something akin to a switchback railway with sharp curves and changes in gradients, great fun if you like that kind of thing.

Haggis, Neeps and Tatties, you did have a deprived childhood didn't you. If you want that then you need to visit the 'Ubiquitous Chip' in the West end of the City, take your wallet though, the venison sausages are to die for too.

See you there.

Dave Franks.

I'll be making the production mould next week and all the lamps, including the later and more common LMS/BR loco lamp with slides will be available early February. Okay Porcy?

Sodering iron, LEDs, wire and lenses sat on the workbench in front of me under starters orders. :good:

Most of the chassis wirings done. Red hot glowing stove to go in the cabin.

post-508-0-22459100-1453551675.jpg

P

• Like 2

As regards the Subway yes it is even narrower than OO gauge being 4ft 1220mm but it is something akin to a switchback railway with sharp curves and changes in gradients, great fun if you like that kind of thing.

Switch back eh.

Skip forward to 3 mins 30 secs to see the inspiration behind my P4 test track. I kid you not!

See you there.

Or be square.

P

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

or maybe a Wiggie Salad?

Talking of salad, we really mixed it up last night for tea and went international with our Scotch Salad & Geordie Houmous....

(Chips and mushy peas).

Nice lamps Dave...

Cheers

Edit: I stand corrected, sir and will restock with the correct "Geordie Houmous", Pease Pudding.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

Talking of salad, we really mixed it up last night for tea and went international with our Scotch Salad & Geordie Houmous....

Nooooooooooooooo! Someone else in need of a foody education. :wink_mini:

Geordie Houmous is pease pudding. Normally carried to lands afar (Cornwall) as a pease offering. (To exchange for Cornish Clotted and yes I know who gets the better part of the deal).

By a strange coincidence I just happen to be having that traditional North East fare for my dinner. Covering some freshly boiled ham in some freshly baked buns.   Hmmmmmmm. Haggis? No thanks.

post-508-0-13972500-1453554074.jpg

P

• Like 3

...I like the way Poursee even cooks on his workbench...nice lamps BTW Dave...suspect I might just have to buy some of you next month...thanks for the curry invite...sounds good to me...I'll put it to the gov next time I see him...

Edited by Axlebox

...I like the way he Poursee even cooks on his workbench...

Isn't that what workbenches are for? I hate it when I see a pic of a model that has so obviously been taken on a kitchen worktop!

...thanks for the curry invite...sounds good to me...

Likewise. I'll leave it to you, dear chum, to inform the gaffer that the first part of Saturday evening in the process of being organised. It's the activities of rest of Sunday morning that intrigues me? Should I get my hair done?

Could it be, we're off to the India Quay?

Possibly Premier Inn for our kith & kin?

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Nooooooooooooooo! Someone else in need of a foody education. :wink_mini:

Geordie Houmous is pease pudding. Normally carried to lands afar (Cornwall) as a pease offering. (To exchange for Cornish Clotted and yes I know who gets the better part of the deal).

By a strange coincidence I just happen to be having that traditional North East fare for my dinner. Covering some freshly boiled ham in some freshly baked buns.   Hmmmmmmm. Haggis? No thanks.

attachicon.gifPeasePudd_1Edit.jpg

P

Low fat.

Allergen free.

Seems the north east has gone poncey.

What happened to proper food?

Mike.

ps. Tunny bars is rather nice. Can even get them in Benidorm!

Mike.

What can I say?

Here's a thought, how's about I organise something for the Saturday night for our groups, there's a cracking Indian restaurant just at the squinty brig and it's only a couple o' hundred yards for you lot the crawl back to the hotel. The Retford mob seemed to enjoy themselves a couple of years ago.

Dave Franks.

That was a good night from what I remember....

Low fat.

Allergen free.

Seems the north east has gone poncey.

What happened to proper food?

A 2 oz. knob of well salted butter and 45 seconds in the microwave soon sorts the poncification out.

ps. Tunny bars is rather nice. Can even get them in Benidorm!

They've dragged the place into the 21st century then. Last time I was there you couldn't even get Watneys Red Barrel. Not that that mattered to a seven year old.

That was a good night from what I remember....

Did Mr Franks take you on the subway then.

Having now done a little research I'm beginning to warm to the idea of this narrow gauge big dipper. It looks like it could a more enlightening experience than a night out in the big market (The Toon). It would seem the locals take it upon themselves to entertain passengers in order to ease the passing of their travels.

Three days going round in this device may be quite invigorating. Maybe they just do this sort of thing because they like railway enthusiasts in Glasgow.

3576398693_ccba9971c8_z.jpg?zz=1Glasgow Subway Festival - French Fling Can Can girls by Loraine Ross, on Flickr

They even provide nekked wimmin on the roller coaster

I can't wait.

P

• Like 6

So what exactly is Pease Pudding ?

Wiki (in this instance) isn't too far out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pease_pudding

only with yellow or split peas.

The Dave Franks, Lanarkshire Models & Supplies buffers & bits thread. Visit here for sophisticated edjoocation on all worldly subjects for the advancement of mankind.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

I really don't understand why one of the best small traders has by far the cr#ppiest thread on RMweb.

I really don't understand, with one of the most enlightening handles of RM web, why PenrithBeacon doesn't lighten up?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

Perhaps he has outgrown silly schoolboy humour.

With so much crap going on in the world, I hope not

Perhaps PenrithBeacon has just outgrown humour?

No sorry not playing that game.

P

• Like 3

David, I have to say I don't mind one bit as I have known some of these guys for years and if you've had a night out with them your sides will still be sore three days later. And, in some of the railway clubs I've been in there is always fun and good craic going on, life doesn't have to be serious all the time. Many customers have mentioned the comments passed between RMwebbers and do appreciate the humour, maybe it lightens their day just a bit.

The bottom line of course is that it keeps Lanarkshire Models thread on or near the front page....

Sorry you don't approve.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A 2 oz. knob of well salted butter and 45 seconds in the microwave soon sorts the poncification out.

They've dragged the place into the 21st century then. Last time I was there you couldn't even get Watneys Red Barrel. Not that that mattered to a seven year old.

Did Mr Franks take you on the subway then.

Having now done a little research I'm beginning to warm to the idea of this narrow gauge big dipper. It looks like it could a more enlightening experience than a night out in the big market (The Toon). It would seem the locals take it upon themselves to entertain passengers in order to ease the passing of their travels.

Three days going round in this device may be quite invigorating. Maybe they just do this sort of thing because they like railway enthusiasts in Glasgow.

3576398693_ccba9971c8_z.jpg?zz=1Glasgow Subway Festival - French Fling Can Can girls by Loraine Ross, on Flickr

They even provide nekked wimmin on the roller coaster

I can't wait.

P

I feel I have only had deprived trips around the Glasgow subway, as I have never seen such tastie morsels as that. Corrr.