RMweb

New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

...after a tip off at the York show this weekend...Revoboy has been crawling around the back streets of County Durham taking pictures of lamp posts again, I know, I was in the get away car...expect news of his new discovery soon (which if I'm honest was quite impressive and I'd probably buy a couple myself if someone cast them...oh bu99er, they've got me at it now)

• RMweb Gold

...after a tip off at the York show this weekend...Revoboy has been crawling around the back streets of County Durham taking pictures of lamp posts again, I know, I was in the get away car...expect news of his new discovery soon (which if I'm honest was quite impressive and I'd probably buy a couple myself if someone cast them...oh bu99er, they've got me at it now)

Don't get suckered in, that Porcy is a bad lad.

Concentrate on getting Dave to make the important things in life like,,,,,,axle boxes.

Mike.

I've had a communication from our website hosts to say they will be doing 'maintenance' on the troublesome server to try to solve the problem most of their customers are having, namely not being able to update their webpages.

The hosts also say they hope the 'new' server will deliver a better service. So, which is it? - Maintenance of an old server or an introduction of a new server, who knows but it wouldn't be hard to deliver a better service.

They say our website would be unavailable at times this Thursday.

Dave Franks

Sounds like a load of technobabble wittering and blethering to me Dave.

Maybe the servers need a re-programming with a baseball bat? Mind they may also be using duff coal or the elastic bands have worn out...

Sláinte

• Like 1

Put together an order yesterday and to my surprise it arrived this morning!

Superb quality castings and excellent service customer service.

C.White

Well thanks very much Chris, we do try to please. And, people still like to criticize the Royal Mail, from my place to yours at the other end of the country in under 24 hours and that was 2nd class post....

All the best,

Dave Franks.

Shhhh! There's already been a run on the tail lamps, at this rate there won't be any left for Scalefour North.....

I've kept quiet about the website fix which happened a few days ago as I'm trying to get enough stock together but people keep buying stuff. Hey Ho.

Love you all.

Dave Franks

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

New stocks of the new LNER and GNR bufferstops made after selling out at the Scalefour North show, now up on the website.

And a photo of what can be done with some old bufferstops.

post-10324-0-21091600-1461840117.jpg

Alloa bay platform bufferstops now correctly done as per a photo of the real place by Bill Roberton, thanks Bill.

NBR stops (BS10) with old loco buffers attached (LB09), notice the stops are not attached to the running rails but would have a heavy framework underground.

Anyone want some old plastic 'universal' bufferstops, one careful user.

Dave Franks.

• Like 4

I misread that for the spain way, wondered what you knew that I didn't Pete, nearly cancelled Tuesdays ticket!

Mike.

Who is this 'Mike' person anyway? Does anyone know or remember him?

Dave Franks.

• 1 month later...

Mr F

Its been weeks since you last posted soemthing new...don't worry...the lamp post boys are currently crowd sourcing^ their 12" to the foot preservation movement...so its safe to start making new stuff again.

In the meantime...have you ever considered doing some 'Monkeys Tails' ?

There were a lot of them around...think of all those Slaters 20ton hoppers out there in desperate need of some...

So if you've read this and would buy some tails off Mr F then press the 'thanks' button so he can then gauge the interest...

A/Box

PS I'm in need of 120...I'm sure Porsee will have at least 8*, so thats 128 already sold!

^ Last heard they were looking for someone with a JCB for some nocturnal adventures

* There are 8 tails in every 20t hopper (not all the same mind)

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 1