New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

• RMweb Gold

Pah!

What a poor effort. (Photographically I'm meaning)

You could at least have tried showing two types of fixings on one headstock.

P

As I had every confidence in the ability of our Hibernian friend I didn't think I needed to photograph the buffers overly much, I only concentrated on the dimensions.

Sorry P.

Mike.

I only concentrated on the dimensions.

Yep, heat makes things expand. :blum_mini:

No worries Dave, out of about 100 pics I've looked through I've only come across two with the wider mounting flange. They both have larger buffers heads riveted to a smaller head. Here's one in preservation.

post-508-0-38393800-1487193771_thumb.jpg

By my reckoning, with an incredibly poor mathematical brain: that makes you 98% correct with the final design you've chosen.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Okay, this is what all the discussion is about, a cruel close-up, see what you think.

attachicon.gifBuffer for BR CCT.jpg

Still to add the rib on the underside but nearly there.

Dave Franks.

If you think that is cruel then I dread to think what standards you are setting yourself - that look amazing.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Okay, this is what all the discussion is about, a cruel close-up, see what you think.

Dave Franks.

Is the dropflap support thingy clear through, if not, out with the PTFE, or is it WIP?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Mmmmmmmmm.

Just right for all those CCT kits then.

Wibble!

, and the Bachmann attempt and the Lima conversions, the possibilities are endless.

If this doesn't get Dave his Rolls Royce nothing will.

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern

Mmmmmmmmm.

Just right for all those CCT kits then.

Wibble!

My Mopoks,

my Limas,

my Masterclass,

my Bachmann.

As an aside Mr F: could you take a casting off this? Deseisel UIC couplings? I've another 3 pairs to make up and my digits are letting me down at the moment. Just a thought.   :bye_mini:

post-508-0-65989200-1487256200.jpg

To end up looking something like this.(Having just discovered there were two distinctly different designs of toggle for tightening the coupling).

post-508-0-14295300-1487256197.jpg

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My Mopoks,

my Limas,

my Masterclass,

my Bachmann.

As an aside Mr F: could you take a casting off this? Deseisel UIC couplings? I've another 3 pairs to make up and my digits are letting me down at the moment. Just a thought.   :bye_mini:

attachicon.gifRIV-UIC-Loco-CouplingEditSmlr.jpg

To end up looking something like this.(Having just discovered there were two distinctly different designs of toggle for tightening the coupling).

attachicon.gifD5109pontiland2-1Edit.jpg

P

You must build the Mopok one as it comes, it's an historic model, that's how I'm doing mine.

Regrettably I can only post one agree?

What are you like at brass casting Dave?

Mike.

You must build the Mopok one as it comes, it's an historic model, that's how I'm doing mine.

Whadiya mean, build it.?

I built it way back in the early 1970's when my toolkit consisted of an Exacto craft knife (Made in England), a 2 mm Presto drill bit, my mothers tweezers, my grannies nail file, along with a couple of paintbrushes. It learnt me how to paint match and how not to trust manufacturers instructions. Fitted with ERG bolt on buffers & screw couplings, built in parallel with the Mopok GUV & Hawksworth BG. I wish I could knock out stuff as quick today.

As a 13/14 year old I was quite proud of it.

post-508-0-42550100-1487276222.jpg

P

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Dave Franks.

Rubbish. Real buffers were never that colour or that shiny.

Keep practising. You could get quite good at this......

Okay, another go at this buffer, there were conflicting dimensions for the buffer length however three sources, me included, have come up with 1'10'' with a 16'' head so that is what it is. The BR horsebox from Bachmann also confirms this size but one can never be sure with RTR as the horsebox buffer is missing the bottom rib as was mine, I now can't find the picture I had of this buffer seemingly without the bottom rib so I can't say it did exist.

post-10324-0-54981700-1487340746.jpg

The door stop isn't see-though as that wouldn't work in the mould, the rear is blanked off but can hardly be seen when on the model.

And yes I'll do one for the horsebox too.

A few weeks and they should be on the Website.

• Like 7

Good second go Dave - if I had any criticism it would be the four rivets position - as you could see from the drawing for the CCT and from the photographs they were considerably nearer the centre of the buffer housing....  Interesting of course is that the Bachmann CCT correctly has the bottom rib, and to my eyes at least are one of the more accurate representations of a buffer assembly for RTR, save for the marginally (0.12mm undersize) smaller diameter buffer head.  It won't however stop me from buying two sets for a start.

Edited by Bob-65b