New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Yes, pre-group Southern bufferstops, LBSC which was on the bench but got pushed aside for the NER hopper wagon buffer this can now be finished off then LSWR and possibly something SECR.

And.... Someone had sent me a photo of an Irish railbuilt bufferstop, now there's an idea but what gauges to make it for.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

Hi all, good news, all the new items are up on the website now.

B053 NER hopper wagon buffers for the re-released SLATERS kit, available as a pack of four or a bulk pack of 20 (five wagons) also available drilled to take standard sprung heads like 51L or MJT.

CR13/14/15  Scale size coupling rods for B1, V2, A3, A4. All can be built as original fishbelly flutes or the later replacement straight flute, The A3 rods will also fit the Peppercorn A1.

A new range of tools suitable for our products including the very fine EXPO HSS drills on individual cards or sets of eight from 0.3mm to 2.0mm.

Oilers with plastic compatable oil,

EXPO German made cutting broaches which are very nice indeed (not the Chinese copies).

Industrial quality 145 degree solder wire which I've been using for years.

Selftapping screws as supplied with our chassis kits for fitting to plastic or metal bodies, complete with the correct drill.

EXPO's own Thread lock glue for fixing wheels on axles, gears onto shafts and even tiny worksplates.

Hope you find something of use and of course any other suggestions would be welcome. :scratchhead:

Please remember to go to the home page first and check the date which is now showing October 2018

All the best, :locomotive:

Dave Franks.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

B053 NER hopper wagon buffers for the re-released SLATERS kit, available as a pack of four or a bulk pack of 20 (five wagons) also available drilled to take standard sprung heads like 51L or MJT.

Dave, is the bulk pack going to be available on any other buffers (such as B003)?

Dave, is the bulk pack going to be available on any other buffers (such as B003)?

No sorry, I only considered it for this release as the mould worked so well. I've kept the prices of most of the items the same for five years just by getting better at making the moulds more productive and I'm told it's a good price for what they are.

Dave Franks.

Just thinking about something someone said a wee while ago. Bufferstops at station platforms often have loco buffers attached to a wooden beam which is then attached to either the railbuilt beam or directly to the bufferstop beam brackets. I've made a wooden beam with holes in to locate said loco buffers and this is what it would look like, mocked up with Bluetac.....

post-10324-0-35127700-1540325013.jpg

Ofcourse it could be fitted with any loco or wagon buffer, even more modern OLEO diesel buffers have been fitted this way.

So what do you think? would it be a goer.

Dave Franks.

post-10324-0-35127700-1540325013.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just thinking about something someone said a wee while ago. Bufferstops at station platforms often have loco buffers attached to a wooden beam which is then attached to either the railbuilt beam or directly to the bufferstop beam brackets. I've made a wooden beam with holes in to locate said loco buffers and this is what it would look like, mocked up with Bluetac.....

attachicon.gifBufferstop with buffers.JPG

Ofcourse it could be fitted with any loco or wagon buffer, even more modern OLEO diesel buffers have been fitted this way.

Dave Franks.

I thought it was supposed to be a 'stopper'!

Hat, coat..... too late, already gone

Regards

Ian

Cast a couple of of iron minks filled with concrete and stick on a couple of Bogie Bolster C buffer beams and the jobs a good un.

p2708262951-5.jpg

BB code linked directly from the Transport treasury website.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 5

Dave Franks.

absolutely....have you got a mock up with OLEO buffers??

Dave Franks.

Guess who forgot to put the bufferbeam in the new mould yesterday....

Dave.

Cheesysmiff, please wash your mouth out with soap....  Mentioning Hornby buffers over Lanarkshire Model's products.

Anyway, hopefully I'll remember to put one in the next mould with the LBSC buffer that's nearly done.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi People, just an update on the latest bufferstop. The LBSC bufferstop is nearly ready for the mould so should be available at the EMGS AGM in December along with the BR1 and BR2  sprung tender chassis for EM and P4.

Also, please note:- we do not sell Pattern Makers Dowels and haven't done for over two years despite what Google says. :no:

Dave .

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi People, just an update on the latest bufferstop. The LBSC bufferstop is nearly ready for the mould so should be available at the EMGS AGM in December along with the BR1 and BR2  sprung tender chassis for EM and P4.

Also, please note:- we do not sell Pattern Makers Dowels and haven't done for over two years despite what Google says. :no:

Dave .

You must be mistaken Dave, Google knows everything!

Mike.

Okay, pictures taken of the masters for the LBSC bufferstop which will be in the mould over the weekend, held together with Blu-tac....

post-10324-0-76438000-1542918857.jpg

post-10324-0-82585200-1542918841.jpg

post-10324-0-93584700-1542918872.jpg

The bolts are very close on the real thing so a different assembly idea was needed as this wouldn't do the rubber mould any good.

Assistance acknowledged and gratefully received from 'The Brighton Circle' in the production of this kit.

Bufferstop to be released at EMGS AGM/ Open day at Hexham on the 8th December

Dave Franks.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, the new LBSC Rly bufferstop BS26 is now available on the website along with the wooden bufferbeam with the two buffers and of course the new BR tender chassis for BR1 and BR2 type tenders.

post-10324-0-98354300-1543835776.jpg

post-10324-0-93902800-1543835788.jpg

And after a few requests a wooden beam with loco buffers attached as used in station platforms etc.

post-10324-0-88396600-1543835808.jpg

On the website there is a drop down menu so you can pick your choice of loco buffer or oleo buffer.

BR tender chassis have been a long time gestating and I hope you'll like them, I've had a couple running on the Wharfeside layout for a month or so and I have to say being fully sprung they just glide along.....

BR1 tender chassis for all BRI types mainly the larger BR locos but some medium types particularly on the Southern region..

post-10324-0-54568500-1543836968.jpg

post-10324-0-54677500-1543835845.jpg

BR2 tender chassis, the smaller tender for the medium locos like 75xxx, 76xxx and 77xxx.

post-10324-0-77411800-1543835859.jpg

post-10324-0-94406600-1543835884.jpg

Tender chassis for EM and P4 gauges only, made to fit Bachmann locos and with simple modification of the underframe DJH kits, all covered in the instructions. Wheelsets not included.

The home page now has the date December 2018 so if you don't get that then delete your favourites listing, use and save the link below.

Don't trust Goooogle to find it either as they take ages to update their listings.

All the best,

Dave Franks

• Like 5