New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Well the new Midland 'heavy' bufferstop BS24 was released at the 'WorkshopWise' event at the weekend and is now on the website for purchasing.

Not many were sold compared to NER ones but hey it is Midland.

post-10324-0-19152300-1508169891.jpg

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Today has seen the completion of another wagon buffer master, I've been asked for this buffer type for a number of years but it always seemed to be put aside for later on and this year has been so busy that the time hasn't been available till now.

What is it I hear you ask?

How about the long awaited Shock wagon buffer, yes soon to be available in the two sizes :- 1'6'' for use with instanta three links and the less common 1'81/2'' for use with screw couplings. Originally a Great Western design but adopted by BR for it's standard design of shock vans and shock open wagons.

As I say one was completed today and the other is well on the way to being completed probably over the weekend. I've still got a few other things to get ready for the next mould but the shock buffers should be available in the new year.

Photo to follow.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 9

Porcy, you're just too impatient, I told you three years ago I was going to do these buffers.

Hay Ho, that's one sale gone then.

Dave.

...don't worry Dave, Uncle Poursea will put the Dart ones down somewhere, forget where, and then buy some of yours anyway...

...its a never ending cycle

A/box

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Many thanks David - and the same to you both , thank you for all the excellent goodies you put so much time in to creating for us mere mortals! Gives a whole new meaning to buffering on the laptop!

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• 4 weeks later...

So, Monday is the day the new 'Shock' buffers will be cast from the production mould, the rubber mould was made yesterday and is having a good long cure at the moment but it looks good and ready to go. These buffers are 1'81/2'' and 1'6'' long with 13'' heads and will be numbered B040, B041.

Also in the mould are the correct buffers for the new Warwell wagon. It was commented on RMweb that the plastic buffers were a bit anaemic so I've done the RIV buffer with the clipped top for the Warwell. These will be numbered B052.

New vacuum pipes are also in the mould, LNER front loco vac pipes, the tall ones fixed to the bufferbeam.  LMS front vac pipes with angle bracket for 8F and others. LMS Stanier and Fowler tender vac pipes. Tall wagon vac pipe as fitted to the LNER Toad 'D' guards van and also the early BR version too. Still to workout the numbering and packaging, maybe a detailing pack of some sort.

Steam heat pipes are next to be looked at then maybe air brake pipes.

Items will be put on the website over the next week, if you can't find them by Friday then clear your cache or history and type in the website address :- www.lanarkshiremodels.com    

Some people are still using an old version of the website and are missing out on new items from even a year ago so there is now a date stamp on the home page and you can check you have a recent version.

Happy New year to all our customers.

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 4

Okay the new Shock buffers are up there now, B040 and B041 are the numbers.

Also, buffers for the Warwell wagon, B052

A new vacuum pipe to fit the LNER Toad D and early BR guards van VP04, available in a 10 pack or in a mixed pack of all our vac pipes.

Remember, if you can't find them then clear your cache or history and type in the website address :- www.lanarkshiremodels.com    

Some people still seem to be using an old version of the website and are missing out on new items from even a year ago so there is now a date stamp on the home page and you can check you have an up to date version, now showing January 2018.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Well, the Shock buffers have proved shocking, they've sold out today but don't worry more will be cast next week.

A number of people have reported problems with the website when using Firefox. Some new pages were showing whilst other new pages weren't, it happened to me at first then cleared so I've reloaded the website through Firefox and it all seems to be working as it should. Thankyou guys for reporting the problem.

Dave Franks.

Hi all, I usually use Opera which has proved reliable enough but we still have Firefox, when the website is loaded up through Opera it appears straight away no problems but Firefox can take a few days to 'come through'.

Will have a look at this Waterfox, thanks.

Dave Franks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good afternoon Dave,

Would it be very rude and wrong of me to recommend a tiny little improvement to your excellent LMS Pre-drilled Sprung Coach Buffers - BC02?

I purchased a few of them to try and compared them against the MJT version. Yours look very, very nice and have exceptional detail, with very little flash. The only snag is that MJT's is pre-drilled all the way though, whereas yours are only part pre-drilled. Drilling out the rest and keeping it straight to prevent fouling of the buffer shaft proved extremely difficult for a klutz like me, and out of the four buffers, not one of them ended up straight. It was also difficult to judge the opening up of the main hole so you didn't go too far for the spring to become ineffective. In the end, I favoured the MJT ones as they were much less fuss.I do however have more coaches to improve in the future.

I really am impressed with your products and have purchased several packs of coupling hooks, steam pipes, vac pipes, LNWR buffer stops and a track cleaning kit without any issues and I would really prefer your LMS buffers to be my kit of choice!!! 

Thank you and let me know if you prefer comments/suggestions like this to be PM'd rather than in the open forum.

Ian