Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Marcus 37

Thanks Marcus and Paul, 

The wagon info is worth knowing, I don't think for an old Lima wagon they look too bad. I was thinking if I painted them back the the ARC livery I could use them on an Ashburys to Penmaenmawr stone working. It's a bit of a future project as I have plenty of other stuff to do  but I think they might look quite good.

Cheers Peter.

I must admit I don't find the old Lima hopper to bad either for its time. You can get a replacement etch for the end platforms and ladders which make them look a lot better. That will be the plan with mine eventually but for now there's more pressing modelling activities.

Talking of which, a full day on the bridge today, mostly painting and making some paving for the walkways. Just need some photographers now and a big stone lorry. There's usually what happens when I'm there!!

Here's a couple of pictures

post-18515-0-03571800-1446309207_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-03087400-1446309230_thumb.jpg

Waiting for it all to dry before I can crack on.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 7

The bridge is looking great Marcus. I do like 145 too. I am a major fan of 47s though as you know.

Can I feel a 2mm one coming on?? Although yours will want the general sector logos for the period your modelling. It's a nice celebrity to have as it turned up on all manner of Speedlink workings.

As you can see Anthony's been busy. I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that!

Anyway we've had a good running session this afternoon and done a good amount of video footage.

Anthony's in the process of editing it and putting it together at the moment so hopefully he'll post it up later or tomorrow.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Its been a while since the last video so I thought lets make a new intro to start off, then do some filming after. Please let me know what you think about the new intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdS2I6MsGMk

Cheers Anthony

That's great Anthony, really good, I like that a lot.

Al.

Thanks Paul

That's really useful. You certainly know your wagons without a doubt. The wagon you've converted looks superb. I might have to consider a rake of these myself eventually.

Many Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus, thanks glad the information and photo proved useful, had lots of likes for my post on the PGAs and CBAs. Yes wagons are my passion especially the private owner ones that used to work around Buxton as I will be using them plus others on my Speedlow layout eventually.

Cheers Paul

• Like 2

Evening all,

The new video is in the process of rendering and should be on youtube very soon. With the progress of the layout it feels more and more like the peak district, and when the station is finally finished it should look superb. As A bonus at the end of the video there is a little bit of sound editing just for the extra realism  :D. Hope you all enjoy it.

Hi Marcus, thanks glad the information and photo proved useful, had lots of likes for my post on the PGAs and CBAs. Yes wagons are my passion especially the private owner ones that used to work around Buxton as I will be using them plus others on my Speedlow layout eventually.

Cheers Paul

Shall be looking forward to seeing that commence Paul.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. I would just like to point out that the driver of 47145 has been suitably reprimanded for his exuberant driving style.

His excuse was lack of control from the H&M power controller.

Seriously though, once the layouts nearer to completion the ageing controller will be replaced with DCC. The droppers are all in place so it will just be a case of connecting them all up to a bus wire eventually.

At the moment there's more pressing aspects of the layout to do before I buy 50 odd chips. So it will be more Lewis Hamilton school of train driving for the time being!!

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Marcus & Anthony,

Great video, a nice variety of traction. I still have my old H&M and they just cut it for the modern loco's. you do get better control with DCC, though it will cost you a bit.

Cheers Peter.