NEW Ltd Edition OO gauge J94 'Wilbert'

DJM Dave

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi guys, for those of you who bought the simply cracking Wilbert model (well done Owen and DJM), could I please draw your attention to this thread, if you haven't already seen it! Thanks! :)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116574-wilbert-the-forest-engine-a-fundraising-appeal/&do=findComment&comment=2489874

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Just a quick question as to the availabiity of this model.  If I have read this thread correctly, and not missed a post along the way, is it still the case that this model is only available directly from DJM, or from the railway?  I just ask as I've seen it available elsewhere at full price.

Thanks.

Alex.

Hi folks,

Just a quick question as to the availabiity of this model.  If I have read this thread correctly, and not missed a post along the way, is it still the case that this model is only available directly from DJM, or from the railway?  I just ask as I've seen it available elsewhere at full price.

Thanks.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Exclusive to the Dean Forest Railway.

May I ask where you saw it? Pm me if you'd rather not say here.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Funnily enough, I have just PMed Dave on this subject. I wonder if we have seen the same thing?

Roy

Hi Roy,

I see there are some up on eBay too.  Nothing to say that the seller is the DFR or that the models are 'used'; trader still has 7 at the time of writing this.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Roy,

I see there are some up on eBay too. Nothing to say that the seller is the DFR or that the models are 'used'; trader still has 7 at the time of writing this.

Regards,

Alex.

That is what I saw. Seemed odd not making a clear statement that they were from the DFR.

Roy

You can still buy direct from the DFR by calling the number here:

http://deanforestrailway.co.uk/wilbert-00-gauge-model

Cracking little model that you know will help the railway. They don't seem to be around Monday's but call them any other day after 11am. You fall into their normal shop and both people I spoke to are very helpful and replaced the first model I had which had something burned out (I did not ask for a refund on postage as this is a small preserved railway raising funds not a major business retailer).

(edit - the replacement is perfectly fine BTW)

I have not seen an ebay seller selling several. It might be DFR, but Wilbert was also part of a batch stolen last year though I think all were recovered in the end. Personally I would call DFR directly so you know with certainty where your money goes.

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

You can still buy direct from the DFR by calling the number here:

http://deanforestrailway.co.uk/wilbert-00-gauge-model

Cracking little model that you know will help the railway. They don't seem to be around Monday's but call them any other day after 11am. You fall into their normal shop and both people I spoke to are very helpful and replaced the first model I had which had something burned out (I did not ask for a refund on postage as this is a small preserved railway raising funds not a major business retailer).

I have not seen an ebay seller selling several. It might be DFR, but Wilbert was also part of a batch stolen last year though I think all were recovered in the end. Personally I would call DFR directly so you know with certainty where your money goes.

Interesting all those that were for sale on ebay are now gone. I do not think they really sold but have been pulled from sale.

Roy

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • AY Mod locked this topic