Whittaker St, Western Region

Andrew P

Looking very good now Andy.   :sungum:

Don't forget the trap point at the exit from the oil terminal (oh shut-up Peter............................ :mail: )

Thanks for reminding me Peter, I may just make a dummy for there but DONT TELL ANYONE, hahhaha

Really pleased with the amount of moves that are possible.

Looking good Andy. As I'm looking at how the layout would view on HA I have one quick observation / question. Will the cement loading facility at the front restrict the view too much?

I don't know the answer but maybe food for thought

Looking good Andy. As I'm looking at how the layout would view on HA I have one quick observation / question. Will the cement loading facility at the front restrict the view too much?

I don't know the answer but maybe food for thought

Funny you should say that Duncan, Look what I just procured from a world famous auction site Mate. 

post-9335-0-64989900-1431891346_thumb.jpg

It will be fine as can be seen on Melangoose as well.

post-9335-0-18882600-1431891440_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89323700-1431891517_thumb.jpg

Guess I need some Cement Wagons now, Oh well I have a mate that owes me some bits. :sungum: :sungum:  

The beauty of having a terminus with a freight-only branch, is that Andy can run a flow of traffic through the station (after reversal), without having to provide the actual loading/unloading facilities.

So, depending on the area, there could be coal, stone, china clay, timber etc etc running-round in the station. Empties one way, loaded trains the other.

Plenty of potential with this track layout. Like the final position/size of the loco yard - looks just right to me. No point in having a TMD - would be out of proportion to the other facilities.

Think Andy's finally cracked it.

Thanks Peter, really appreciate you comments, and the great thing is with things like the Silver Bullets, and Van Traffic etc you cant see whether a vehicle is loaded or not.

Any up date pictures yet mate ?

No Pics for a few days mate, lots of little jobs to do first, but the next big job is Point fitting and wiring up all the Track and Point droppers.

• RMweb Premium

Hahahha Mate, but all for a good cause.

VERY definitely!

As for the wiring and soldering. Love it - one of my favourite parts. I suppose it goes with the Physicist territory!

Jeff

VERY definitely!

As for the wiring and soldering. Love it - one of my favourite parts. I suppose it goes with the Physicist territory!

Jeff

Agh yes Jeff, but I have the advantage that I can just turn my boards over on the backs for ease, not crawling about on my back and soldering upside down.

l see there still some room for some scenery...

Yes Mate, the plan is to have some greenery along behind the Station / Signal Box, and also along the frontage. There wont be much in the way of none Railway Buildings on here. I will be saving all the Cottages / Church / Pubs etc for the next project / Village Scene but there may be room for the Baron Bodgit Pub  next to the Station, as that is still in the Cupboard waiting for pride of place somewhere.

Looking really good Andy. Nice rate of progress. Track plan looks good now with plenty of entrainment value by the looks of things.

Careful though or you'll end up like me, too much playing and not enough modelling. But hey ho it's nice to see some trains move .

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Any room for a bridge with a Devon General bus parked on it? 

Only joking......... :beee:

That will be the next project with steam and a village scene. I am looking forward to see what Andy does with that.

Don

Any room for a bridge with a Devon General bus parked on it? 

Only joking......... :beee:

That will be the next project with steam and a village scene. I am looking forward to see what Andy does with that.

Don

Yes, A sort of Trebudoc with a nice Village full of typical Devon Cottages like these.

post-9335-0-40704400-1432052261_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07452700-1432052287_thumb.jpg

Archived