Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Collett 'Bow Ended' Standard 57' Corridor Stock Coaches for 2016

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Premium

Well it's still listed as Third on the Hornby website so regardless of what it should be, it's preferable to refer to what it actually is so we know what is actually being discussed.

R4763, as noted by rembrow above.

• RMweb Gold

Here's mine, the 3rd arrived today, I was expecting a Bullied in the box, but it wasn't.

I ordered 1 of each of the 5 coaches, it would appear I'm awaiting 4 other separate boxes to arrive tomorrow.. each box is big enough to hold all 5.post-20773-0-04409200-1492518096_thumb.jpg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Here's mine, the 3rd arrived today.

I ordered 1 of each of the 5 coaches, it would appear I'm awaiting 4 other separate boxes to arrive tomorrow.. each box is big enough to hold all 5.attachicon.gifRenderedContent-7E58A416-E721-4AB3-A11E-89E4512CFFB6.JPG

Would that be from Hornby by any chance?

The Box my (one) Clan Line came could hold about 8 of them lol!!

• RMweb Gold

Would that be from Hornby by any chance?

The Box my (one) Clan Line came could hold about 8 of them lol!!

Yep I ordered direct. Contemplating whether to renew my collectors club membership, most of my Hornby preorders moved to Derails, I only have 1x MN, 2 pecketts and the SECR left to come direct.

Nothing else there for me currently.

Impulse got the better of me when they first came out, went and bought 3 Blood and Custard Colletts.

Now Hornby have produced the livery I really wanted. More expense !.

They look gorgeous.

I agree...I did the same! I didn't realise (but am very pleased) that Hornby would be ready to turn around the maroon versions so soon. Two maroon will be joining my three blood and custard versions tomorrow - I wonder whether to keep all three of the latter or to move some on. Mixed livery, mixed coach-type rakes do make for great WR- looking trains though. On my Cambrian based layout, I'm thinking Dukedog - marroon Collett, B&C Hawksworth, B&C Collett, maroon Hawksworth... Edited by Adrock
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how many of each hand of the brakes and composites were built? Trying to understand rough numbers of them but seem to be only spotting one of the hands in the couple of books I've looked through. That's RH...!

Does anyone know how many of each hand of the brakes and composites were built? Trying to understand rough numbers of them but seem to be only spotting one of the hands in the couple of books I've looked through. That's RH...!

This was raised when the models were first introduced.  My understanding is that the LH versions were very much in the minority.

Chris

When it comes to LH and RH corridors, there was a time when I believed odd numbers were used for one lot and even numbers used for the other. Without looking it all up, I cannot remember which was which, although I have a feeling someone has since blown that conclusion out of the sky

This was raised when the models were first introduced. My understanding is that the LH versions were very much in the minority.

Chris

Thanks - is that both LH brakes and LH compos in the minority, do you know?