Networker EMUs in N Gauge

• RMweb Gold

B2B should not be too much of an issue, though axle length can be.  The axle length will determine how wide your bogies need to be - you probably want narrower axles (rather than wider ones) to allow for the thickness of the bogie side frames.

Cheers, Mike

Hey Paul

A while back, you mentioned the impracticality of providing printing instructions with items sold through Shapeways. It is easy enough to set up a blog, e.g. on Blogspot, with instructions and include the URL on your Shapeways shop home page. I do this for my Marbelup Models range.

Hi Paul

Blogger is free (part of Google empire) and will do what you want. You can easily import photos or other graphics, and add links between blog posts or to external sites, so it functions more as a web site than a simple blog. Here is a sample of my instructions:

http://marbelupmodels.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/wshxm-ballast-wagon-instructions.html

I add captions, etc to a separate layer on my 3D drawing to generate diagrams, where necessary.

I use the default blog page as my "home page" and update the publication date to a future date, so the home page is aways the most recent and thus displayed when someone accesses the blog using the default URL. I also disable reader comments for each blog post to avoid the risk of people posting silly comments. I include an email link for genuine queries.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of which the Networker is all ready for Test Print 2.  What I just need to finish now is one car of this.....

attachicon.gifFourthLookCab.jpg

Fantastic! I love the 455/8s and the 317/1s. Once described as being designed by a colour-blind spot-welder with a grudge.  :jester:

They have such a boxy functional design that it actually has a curious charm in its own right. Of course they have to be in the right livery. ;)

317345_at_Cambridge.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic! I love the 455/8s and the 317/1s. Once described as being designed by a colour-blind spot-welder with a grudge.  :jester:

They have such a boxy functional design that it actually has a curious charm in its own right. Of course they have to be in the right livery. ;)

317345_at_Cambridge.jpg

I would guess that we may not be far off a time when we can 3D print a livery like this.

They look lovely, I really need to stop buying more projects but I dont think I can resist a 318. Just a quick idea , but seeing as you have done most of the work required, would you be interested in doing a class 150 centre car, seeing as Farish aren't interested in doing one (and its very expensive to cut up a full 150 to create one centre car.

Fair enough, I should probably keep the projects pile additions to just classes 365 and 318! Seeing as I have several potential projects waiting in the wings, which will keep me occupied until the spring.

Edit to add, will you be doing the front gangwayed or not for the 318?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived