Warship in 7mm

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

Lovely model, now in works for fitting DCC sound. Quick question: does anybody know whether the lights need to be fitted with resistors, or whether they are already fitted on the LED circuit boards?

Resistors are on the curcuit board.

Hi Brian,

but what about the fact that the DC circuit board is removed to install the DCC board (as I have just done in mine this afternoon), surely they need to be installed/replaced then.

cheers

Mike

They are on the boards that have the LED's montes on them so not affected by the removal of the main DC circuit board.

It's been like this for quite a while now on the Heljan O gauge locos.

I can  confirm that  info  having  just  fitted   sound to  a  Class 26,  which suddenly  arrived  here  at  a  rather good low  price, for  an  unused  never been out  of  the  box  loco!

They are on the boards that have the LED's montes on them so not affected by the removal of the main DC circuit board.

It's been like this for quite a while now on the Heljan O gauge locos.

Hi TTG,

many thanks for that info- I shall now hook up the lights.

cheers

Mike

I think the Warship is their best release to date.

Warning!

Take care with the cab windows,  they are a clip-in fit from the exterior with  the windscreen wipers to hold them in place. when I receive the replacement sprue I will use Pacer's Formula 560 canopy glue  to refasten them.

I will not use super-glue as it will fog all the transparent plastic

Edited by Pandora

We had the same window issue with the review sample.

I note from Tony Wright's photo that the angle of the full yellow end, which seems to be the same on the blue ones, is incorrect and slopes too much.

post-18225-0-78037700-1464164957.jpgCompare to https://flic.kr/p/qYjpsx, the evidence is where it meets the tumblehome at the bottom and the space between the cabside inspection panels and the yellow end. I've passed some other notes on to Ben for the review in July's BRM.

• Like 3

Just popped the top of mine to see what needs doing for DCC and sound and retrieved the windows at the same time.

Easiest windows to refit I have seen. But a touch of glazing glue is needed in the long term to hold them in place. A job for when I get home.

DCC and sound fitting looks easy and room in the body for a second speaker.

I think the post showing the full yellow end of the model of  815 not matching the actual 815 is correct,  but do not become  too carried away with details,  I can recall an article for the yellow paint being Dulux daffodil Yellow,  purchased by an LPO ( Local Purchase Order) when the stores were too slow to fulfil an order for the correct BR specification of warning panel yellow, having worked for BR I will not dispute such stories, it is how the Railway works behind the scenes when the staff at the sharp end have to deliver against the  odds

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Despite a few minor detail issues, Im happy with mine, its a fine model.

As Im yet to be initiated into Warship modelling (fettling) I was wondering if someone could answer the following;-

1) Where is the best place to buy nameplates from/who does the best ones? As I fancy modelling Hermes as opposed to Druid;

2) Steve mentioned that the numbers come away easily, with gentle use of the scapel-who does the best replacement numbers, for a re-number Fox?;

3) Also who can supply alternative Headcode numbers and letters?;

5) In MLI et al it shows the boiler and exhaust ports-in the line drawing- covered with mesh....the model just has holes...should they be covered with 'mesh', has anyone any decent overhead photos of a Class 42 (Swindon built loco)?

Finally (sorry for any typos-using a portable device), a question for Andy and the BRM team; as these locos already seem to be quite widespread in terms of sales/ownership, would it have been possible for BRM to have had pre-delivery samples for review so that potential buyers had the heads-up prior to purchase-ie the info on the FYEs??

Thanks in anticipation to one and all.

Kind regards,

CME.

Hi CME

For any name/number plates I buy severn mill nameplates every time. In my opinion they are the best available.

Kind regards.

Mark.

Edited by 81b

Fox are a great match I actually left the D&8 in place, as mark said Severnmill every time.

I will have a look at the mesh on the fans because if it's wrong then it's prime candidate for an etch replacement

Steve

Hi CME

For any name/number plates I buy severn mill nameplates every time. In my opinion they are the best available.

Kind regards.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for that recommendation - greatly appreciated - first hand recommendation is always the best.

Kindest regards,

CME

Fox are a great match I actually left the D&8 in place, as mark said Severnmill every time.

I will have a look at the mesh on the fans because if it's wrong then it's prime candidate for an etch replacement

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks, any idea of the set number for Fox transfers? Sorry to ask but Ive been on their site and couldnt find them - not sure if there is a technical issue with Fox's site, but it seems to be jumping about too - thanks re the mesh issue too, I was thinking that if they do require mesh then I would use some from the MMP set, really needs some photo evidence and I can only find such for the Class 43s so far.

Kind regards

CME