RMweb

What I did during the holidays...

ian

Did you include the now-mandatory name of the garage that made the plates?

You mean you can't see it?:P

I'll have to wait till I get home and use my electron microscope.

They do look the part - did you print them yourself or were they ready-made?

A quick calculation says they're about 3.5mm long, so I reckon you'd need a font size of about 2 points for the reg number, and something smaller than 1 point, i.e. illegible, for the garage name.

What did I do?

Started to create an upgraded HJ47...

post-6733-126699638189_thumb.jpg

Work so far has seen an aerial added, the headlight replaced and the top handrail replaced although digital photography is soooooo cruel, it'll need a little tidying up before the colours go on. I've also tweaked the windscreens so that that fit a little better around the top edges and fitted bufferbeam pipes from a Kestrel spares sprue that I purchased from Howes.

Did you include the now-mandatory name of the garage that made the plates?

It's not the name of the garage that's mandatory, it's the plate makers postcode and will eventually be superseded by an implanted chip which contains all the details of the plate maker including his/ her fingerprints, Nectar card details and credit card details....

I sorted out my favorites folders and watched several hours of Big Al's Monster weathering on youtube. Also managed to weather another Bedford TK, 'plant' some bushes and brambles on the layoout and , er, miss rmweb?

On a serious note well done to Andy and Jim in Ohio for getting it sorted.rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Didn't get any modelling done, but I did earn some extra money with overtime while RMweb was down. Also did some internet research of modern heavy duty rail cranes and Plasser and Theurer 08-16/32 U-RT,so not entirely wasted time!

cheers

jo

Archived