Wyre Forest Model Railway Exhibition

I always used to attend the Kidderminster venue but I suspect this will be better for a lot of people. Perdiswell is a big leisure centre with a large free car park and is very convenient to the M5. Less than 10 minutes from junction 6, right on the north edge of Worcester. I'll certainly give it a try.:)

• RMweb Premium

Following on from a trip to Preston the week before. "Blackmill" is on the road proper for a foray into the provinces........

I love the away trips as I can become a proper "white van man" complete with MacD wrappers on the dashboard.

:lol:

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the website. The person who runs it has been trying to sort work projects out and has not been able to update the website as regularly as hoped.

Only 3 weeks to go before the show starts.

Hope to see you there.

Alistair

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi As well as Mark Forrest a Stafford Railway Circle member with his layout there will be the clubs layout Littleton Parkway

So if you missed its last Stafford exhibition in February it will be at Worcester this coming weekend 13th & 14th March

Its final tour this year will also include BRM Alexandra Palace, Hartlepool, Bonnybridge and its last exhibition at Warley later this year.

Eltel

Came here to bump the page back to the top of the list so that people knew that it was on this weekend.

And again Phil has beaten me too it again. :D Thanks Phil.

opening times are 10 am both days and closing 5 pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday.

Please come and make this a good exhibition. we have taken a jump and we are hoping that it will come good.

I will be around all weekend looking like Im doing something like stewarding.

Hope to see you at the weekend.

Alistair

• RMweb Premium

Another bump - just renumbering my 70 to 005. It should be in charge of a top'n'tail set with my "tail lamp in the cab" 66, and weathered fleet of JJA Autoballaster and JNA Falcons - all as featured elsewhere on rmweb!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Best wishes to Nobby's Dad. There are some things more important than exhibiting.

Cheers,

Mick

Planning to head over shortly. Looks like a nice selection of layouts, and I'll have some money in my pocket for the traders if the right things are on offersmile.gif

I just hope the catering is up to scratch, as no doubt t'wife will want a cup of tea when we get thererolleyes.gif

Blackmill up and running well at the show. At the group dinner last night at the Talbot Pub our layout manager revealed his first ever memories of trains was watching trains at Lower Darwen from his house and not wearing any clothes at the time. His mum told him to come away from the window and get dressed.An image not to dwell over!!

Just got back from the show - well worth the hours trip up the M5. Nice mix of layouts and some good traders.

My wallet is somewhat lighter tho!! Managed to pick up a 2251 in GW livery which is something I have been after for a while, along with a GW auto coach ready for butchering with a Dart Castings detailing kit. I few useful detailing bits picked up from 247 and Wizard so well chuffed. Oh, and another couple of books...

Visited the show yesterday and found the new venue OK, despite my mate, who was driving, thinking we had got lost.

Good selection of layouts, and I managed not to spend to much, all in all a good show, but.

The lighting in the hall was abysmal, and the layouts that had there own lighting, stood out from the rest on this point alone.

All in all, an enjoyable afternoon.

Gary

• RMweb Premium

Poole in Wharfedale and Horton Gill all very nice, managed to get lost getting there, all on the flat so better for my friend who is disabled finds it easier.

The only thing that would improve this is some seats in the hall (if possible) I appreciate there were a couple at the entrance.

All in all a nice show, good to have it back.

Just to add to the comments by other people, the show was excellent from a modelling perspective - a good choice of layouts and traders, and Horton Gill in particular had the wow factor that could have kept me leaning on the rail for hours. The tree/vegetation demonstration stand was also very good - picked up a lot of very useful tips and ideas there.

But - and in the light of the above it seems almost churlish to include a "but", but I think it has to be said - the venue itself left rather a lot to be desired. As has already been mentioned, the lighting in the hall was almost down to Warley levels of gloom, and the rest of the facilities weren't up to much either. The catering was poor and, according to my wife (I didn't use them myself), the toilets were pretty grim. We had to park in the overflow section as the main car park was full, and, on our way across the grass to the hall we found ourselves walking across broken glass.

I appreciate that none of this is under the direct control of the exhibition organisers, and I'm not blaming them for it. But, if the exhibition is back there again next year, I'd seriously think twice about attending. There have to be better options in the area, surely?

Mark

I will try to answer the Issues that have been brought up.

with regard to MarkSG's post, that unfortunately there is not that much in the area with that kind of space available except for a move the the Malvern show ground. We had to take a space hit for about 5 foot off the width of the hall over the Glades in Kidderminster.

With regards to Blandford1969's comment "The only thing that would improve this is some seats in the hall" this is some thing that we have not looked at because to put seats in we would have to loose either traders or one of the Layouts both of which is very difficult to do. However this is something that is new for this venue as the glades had plenty of seating and we had not considered this when we were looking around. someone mentioned extra seats in the cafe/bar area but as I didnt go up there I am unsre as to whether they did put them out or not.

If anybody has any further comments good or bad, please either drop me a PM or post it in here and I will pass them on to the exhibition team and the appropriate person.

Thanks

Alistair

Archived