BR-WR 'TOAD' Transfers from CCT

cctransuk

Well - there's been a steady stream of requests for BR-WR 'TOAD' transfers for at least fifteen years, but I was deterred by the research required.

A list member brought to my attention the GWR Modelling list of allocations at www.gwr.org.uk/notes/brakeallocations.doc , so I got to work this afternoon.

post-2274-0-19366200-1454435375_thumb.jpg   post-2274-0-93316100-1454433197_thumb.jpg

Above are the first two sheets of what I intend to alphabetic coverage of BR-WR 'TOAD' brakevan allocations.

The allocations are taken from the GWR Modelling list, and some are dated to the 1940s; I have assumed that those that I used survived through into the BR period. If anyone knows to the contrary, and can offer an alternative, I will amend the sheet as appropriate.

Any other comments would be welcome; these first two sheets are available now at £7.00 each, including UK P&P, for 2, 3, 3.5 & 4mm. scales; S scale - £14.00; 7mm. scale - £21.00; Gauge 1 - £28.00

Further sheets in this series will appear on my website as time permits !

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

cctrans@hotmail.com

cctrans.org.uk

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 6

Two more sheets today - BL166C and BL166D-G.

post-2274-0-01581600-1454619300_thumb.jpg   post-2274-0-48448700-1454619353_thumb.jpg

As usual, these are available now, and will appear on my website dreckly - as they say here in Cornwall.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

cctrans@hotmail.com

cctrans.org.uk

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 5

Another day - another couple of sheets; (at least this wet weather is good for something)!

post-2274-0-02463100-1454605661_thumb.jp    post-2274-0-95909400-1454605682_thumb.jp

Available now - details on my website soon.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

cctrans@hotmail.com

cctrans.org.uk

• Like 1

John - What is B959579? :O

Paul

Paul,

A typo - since corrected. I knew that I could rely on my expert proof-readers; I'm getting a bit bleary-eyed with this mammoth project !!

I've just checked the downloaded allocation list that I used; the typo. was in there - though I should have picked it up!

Regards,

John.

Paul,

A typo - since corrected. I knew that I could rely on my expert proof-readers; I'm getting a bit bleary-eyed with this mammoth project !!

I've just checked the downloaded allocation list that I used; the typo. was in there - though I should have picked it up!

Regards,

John.

I am simply astonished that you have managed to find so much information!

Paul

I am simply astonished that you have managed to find so much information!

Paul

Paul,

www.gwr.org.uk/notes/brakeallocations.doc

As indicated, I have had to assume that some 1940s allocations survived into BR days, but there is evidence that some allocations were very longstanding.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you do them as singles? I have a toad nearing completion and would like to finish it as a Pontypool Road allocated one in 7mm

Steve,

'Fraid not - the smallest sheet that I can print in 4mm. scale is A6 - which scales up to A4 in 7mm. scale.

Sorry,

John.

• 8 months later...

Great stuff John! With winter coming a refurbishing project added to my list. BTW do you do a general Civil Eng wagons sheet? My train awaiting lettering is 10 vehicles of 10 types and I am a poor old pensioner (or mean?)

Great stuff John! With winter coming a refurbishing project added to my list. BTW do you do a general Civil Eng wagons sheet? My train awaiting lettering is 10 vehicles of 10 types and I am a poor old pensioner (or mean?)

Ronnie,

I don't do any 'general' sheets, my experience of those is that they try and cover everything and are accurate for nothing !

My transfer sheets are all accurate to prototype, which is what most of my customers seem to want.

Regards,

John.

• 1 year later...