DEMU SHOWCASE 2017 June 3rd/4th Burton on Trent Town Hall

newbryford

Hi Everyone,

DEMU showcase is fast approaching (3rd and 4th June at Burton town hall) and John and the team have pulled together a fantastic line up of D&E layouts, traders and demos. This is the must attend show for all D&E Modellers and even if your interests are out with this period the quality of modelling on display will still be of interest to all Modellers.

As current acting chair of the society I'd like to wish you all a warm welcome to the show and hope to see many of you there.

All the best

Mark

• Like 3

Do members have too bring their membership cards? As a newbie to DEMU I am not sure of the requirements.

Tony

If you bring your valid membership card you will get in for £5 rather than £8.

• Like 1

We'll see you there then Tony ?

Brian R

Hope so , just bought my Senior Railcard(!), and looking forward to a cross country rail trip, £27 return apparently. It's 152 miles each way driving so cost would be double the rail fare. I am looking forward to it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just under three weeks to go. Slight panic setting in to get the layout - Deadmans Lane - ready.

(Don't worry Nobby - all will be well)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Just under three weeks to go. Slight panic setting in to get the layout - Deadmans Lane - ready.

Hahahaha.... that explains the 'selective' photos Mick! ;)

You're panicking, but so are Nobby and I with getting the exhibition ready! Looking forward to seeing Deadman's Lane in all its yellow glory in a 3 weeks time.

Guy

Edited by lyneux

With time ticking away. Lymebrook Yard is set up and being run in readiness for its debut at Showcase.

Just have a couple of small jobs to do. But looking forward to the show.

Thanks Steve.

post-5955-0-70302800-1494934895.jpg

• Like 3

Hello

Must be nice to be an exhibitor at Show-case; maybe one day when I get better at this modelling malarkey. For now the stewarding will keep me happy.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Must be nice to be an exhibitor at Show-case; maybe one day when I get better at this modelling malarkey. For now the stewarding will keep me happy.

Cheers

George

The Exhibition Manager doesn't just invite anyone.

You have to get to know him better......

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

Cheers

George

George, I will invite one of "YOUR" layouts soon I'm sure..............

Hello

Would that be you or one of your layouts Dave? Or indeed both together?

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

Would that be you or one of your layouts Dave? Or indeed both together?

Cheers

George

Do Dave and his layouts ever appear together?

Cheers, Andy.

• Like 1

Although Twickenham MRC's new OO gauge D&E layout (EASTGATE) is still in its early stages it would be nice if we could bring it along to a future DEMU SHOWCASE - maybe 2018??

It's a simple project designed to show the club's commitment to D&E modelling, thereby attracting more D&E modellers so that our next D&E layout can be bigger and more ambitious.

You can see details of EASTGATE here on RMweb .... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117737-eastgate-modern-day-00-gauge-terminus-by-twickenham-mrc/

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA

Although Twickenham MRC's new OO gauge D&E layout (EASTGATE) is still in its early stages it would be nice if we could bring it along to a future DEMU SHOWCASE - maybe 2018??

It's a simple project designed to show the club's commitment to D&E modelling, thereby attracting more D&E modellers so that our next D&E layout can be bigger and more ambitious.

You can see details of EASTGATE here on RMweb .... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117737-eastgate-modern-day-00-gauge-terminus-by-twickenham-mrc/

Your best emailing the showcase manager at showcase@demu.org.uk

Due to the General Election on the 8th June, Burton on Trent town hall have informed the Showcase team that one of the rooms used for the Showcase event will not be available for use.

This means that we have unfortunately had to postpone the following two layouts until next year:

1/. Deadmans Lane by Mick Bryan

2/. Alderford by Carl Bowden. ( TBC at present )

This is a major disappointment to us and of course to the layout owners. As you can imagine we are not happy about this situation and we thank the layout owners for their understanding in the matter, and look forward to welcoming them in 2018.

The premier Diesel & Electric show will still have many eye watering layouts to view, so come along... you won't be disappointed!