Stubby47's 5th CBC Entry - Bullhead

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

This will represent a display / presentation  / award, as would have been given to a senior railway engineer for long service or completion of a successful project.

A small piece of bullhead rail, probably in a suitable chair (not shown), mounted on i a wood plinth with simulated gravel and presentation plaque.

The rail itself will be scratch built...

post-7025-0-89496400-1509214924_thumb.png

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This will represent a display / presentation  / award, as would have been given to a senior railway engineer for long service or completion of a successful project.

A small piece of bullhead rail, probably in a suitable chair (not shown), mounted on i a wood plinth with simulated gravel and presentation plaque.

The rail itself will be scratch built...

attachicon.gifsketch.png

If you made this in 4 mm scale you could enter it in the yet-to-be-announced Pillbox Challenge.

More seriously, if you made it small scale you could show the actual presentation with a bit more railway stuff in the background.

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking of using a real chair & piece of rail, so 1:1 scale, but as I don't have access to said items and it wouldn't really be modelling, I'll make it my self.

As it's only a single rail, the gauge can be whatever the viewers think it ought to be - unless it's presented by the PSMT of course.

• Like 1

Award ?.... CBC winner type award ?!  (Phil?!) 

Brilliantly simple idea, I like this.

Can we expect a mirror finish on the home made rail? It's going on someone's mantelpiece after all   :jester:

Andy

Perhaps the section of the rail should be treated as for metallurgical inspection?

Ideal for a Senior Engineer....