Ex SR General Manager's Saloon 'Caroline'

Think so: it's in this thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/14544-nse-general-managers-saloon-975025-ex-hasting-buffet-not-the-current-green-version/

and I'm sure I saw another thread on it going round E Anglia over swing bridges within the last few months.

Edit: maybe a bit longer ago - found a fotopic site of it here http://kl47576sgallery.fotopic.net/c1656551.html

Somewhere on my hard disk is a photo of it in Charles and Di's wedding train.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I drew this,I think, as an etch for a commision for MARC Models in 4mm. You could try them and see if they have any further info about it.

It was known as the Teatrolly!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool.

Still got some pictures if you are interested?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I drew this,I think, as an etch for a commision for MARC Models in 4mm. You could try them and see if they have any further info about it.

It was known as the Teatrolly!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool.

Still got some pictures if you are interested?

Obviously alive and kicking! Cheers Ian. I'll have a shufty at MARC's site to see if they ever produced it as a kit.

36E

Obviously alive and kicking! Cheers Ian. I'll have a shufty at MARC's site to see if they ever produced it as a kit.

36E

Hiya,

As somebody with a vested interest in this model vehicle myself.........I can confirm that it would be a very good idea to contact the gent at MARC's models regarding this vehicle !

Unfortunately........thats all I'm able to say right now.........

Go see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/3991-battersea-stewarts-lane-london/page__pid__160156__st__125&?do=findComment&comment=160156 specifically, you'll be wanting post #138

or http://www.manor-lane.co.uk/NSE%20Area%20Managers%20Saloon.htm

Good Luck,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hiya,

As somebody with a vested interest in this model vehicle myself.........I can confirm that it would be a very good idea to contact the gent at MARC's models regarding this vehicle !

Unfortunately........thats all I'm able to say right now.........

There was a pre-production sample of the MARC model at the recent Railex.

No Nonsense Kits also do 975025. Currently being re-tooled and his plan is to release it before NNK is sold later this year.

Britannia Pacific Models also do a version based upon DC Kits Hastings units, but he's out of stock of bodyside etches for the next 3-4 months.

I've jut taken delivery of all the bits to do 37423 as the principal loco used with 975025.............

You want one and three come along at once!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

great central, was 423 and 409 been all over the shop today, i seem to remember a really nice brass model of caroline on no nonsense kits stand a while back but i dunno the state of play with this!, dave

• Like 1

Guess what I've been paid to do for the last two days !!! :D

I love my job and yes I'm a lucky b*stard !!!!

Top marks to DRS - not only for the traction :dance_mini:

but the excellent sausage & bacon rolls served on route :good_mini:

post-5198-127671690279_thumb.jpg

post-5198-127671715059_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm trying to track down the livery history for 975025.

Originaly outshopped in blue/grey and repainted into NSE - any idea when?

Later repainted into SR EMU green (or so it looks) - again date needed. Named "Caroline" at some point

It was "refurbished" in early 2008, (between Jan and May 2008) acquiring the strange shade of green that it now carries. The refurbishment also included a major tidying up of the ends with removal of the DR style high level connectors and replacement of the lights.

All help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Mick

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

As previously hinted elsewhere in this thread, a kit for 975025 is now available. From MARC Models http://www.marcmodel...tion_coach.html

. I've just taken delivery of one to do as Caroline - nameplates are from Brian at Shawplan. I'm off to the shed to make a start on it.......

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...

Apologies to drag this thread back from the dead, but just wondering what the consensus is on the new (post refurb) green colour is? I've seen it referred to as strange green and opal green. It looks to light to be Southern Green or similar.

What's the colour, and where do I get a pot of it?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

44 minutes ago, brislex said:

Apologies to drag this thread back from the dead, but just wondering what the consensus is on the new (post refurb) green colour is? I've seen it referred to as strange green and opal green. It looks to light to be Southern Green or similar.

What's the colour, and where do I get a pot of it?

The 2009 rebuild was Opal - RAL 6026, but it was repainted a couple of years ago into SR EMU green.

Cheers,

Mick

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve never seen “Caroline” and recently it’s been paired with 37409 “Lord Hinton”, so when I heard that 37409 had left Derby on a RTC - Norwich run, I duly wandered to Peterborough railway station with high expectations.  Imagine my kind of dismay and pleasure that just 37409 rolled through but no sign of Caroline.

Does the saloon have a regular diagram or it turns up as and when?  

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve never seen “Caroline” and recently it’s been paired with 37409 “Lord Hinton”, so when I heard that 37409 had left Derby on a RTC - Norwich run, I duly wandered to Peterborough railway station with high expectations.  Imagine my kind of dismay and pleasure that just 37409 rolled through but no sign of Caroline.

Poor old 37, stood up again

P

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

It dropped the saloon off at Derby today but the saloon is back out on Tuesday around the east Midlands I'm on it!

It doesn't have regular diagrams it just does whatever the network rail engineers request to inspect.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, russ p said:

It dropped the saloon off at Derby today but the saloon is back out on Tuesday around the east Midlands I'm on it!

It doesn't have regular diagrams it just does whatever the network rail engineers request to inspect.

Hi Russ,  

Would it be possible to give me a heads up as to where it’s likely to be and if it’s going to be in the Peterborough, Leicester areas?