Lime Street Station

Les Green

The clocks don't work at the moment, but we have all the mechanisms to make them work. Just need a bit of spare time!

If the clock's stopped just now you have as much time as you need :rolleyes:

Seriously for a bit, that is a seriously stunning bit of work. Incredible effort. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember, as a child, queueing from Platform 8, out of the station into the small road behind the "Punch and Judy" and out to Lime Street whilst waiting to board one of the trains to Butlins at Pwllheli. This model brings it all back. Without doubt, arrangements should be made for the long term preservation and display of this whole layout. The sheer scale of the modelling at this quality is truly staggering - all the more because such praise is given "willy-nilly" these days in much less deserving cases. A sincere "Well Done" to everyone involved.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

Two years ago....

In November 2014 we took the layout to Cologne for the four day "31 inter modellbahn ausstellung 2014 keulen".  The largest model railway exhibition in Europe with some 60,000 visitors.

For some reason, I've just found this YouTube clip of our layout, taken by a visitor to the show:

It certainly brings back some good memories of a great trip abroad, but also reminds me of how much the layout has developed over the two years.

Our next trip abroad is to Glasgow in February.

Till then, have a Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Steve.

Edited by Andy Y
  • Like 16

Two years ago....

In November 2014 we took the layout to Cologne for the four day "31 inter modellbahn ausstellung 2014 keulen".  The largest model railway exhibition in Europe with some 60,000 visitors.

For some reason, I've just found this YouTube clip of our layout, taken by a visitor to the show:

It certainly brings back some good memories of a great trip abroad, but also reminds me of how much the layout has developed over the two years.

Our next trip abroad is to Glasgow in February.

Till then, have a Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Steve.

And notice the complete lack of barriers. Something we are not used to in the UK! 

• 2 weeks later...