Smithdown Road Junction

shanks522

Thanks shanks

I still find it amazing at the radius of curves you can get in N gauge

Brian

It is amazing what you can get away with, on the opposite side i've used 9 maybe 10 inch radius and can run a close coupled set of mail vans round no problem.

Graham. 

The mainline 37s my favourite too!

The TTG Freightliner branded 47 is brilliant!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Unfortunately I can't take any credit for them Gents as they were done by Mercig Studios. Maybe i need to build a 90's layout?

post-6774-0-57408700-1420649410_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-78346900-1420649420_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-55252900-1420649425_thumb.jpg

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how I missed this... only came to it through a link from David Todd's Dover Priory thread... absolutely fantastic! I'm slowly working my way through the thread from the beginning but this is right up my street. Truly excellent.

Don't know how I missed this... only came to it through a link from David Todd's Dover Priory thread... absolutely fantastic! I'm slowly working my way through the thread from the beginning but this is right up my street. Truly excellent.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your kind words.

Graham.

Will be sad to see it go fella.

Do you have any pics of your cjm Hanson 59 :-)

Hi Phil,

Yeah don't worry i'l post some pics of the 59, I really need to source some decent aggregate wagons for her.

Is a little sad to let the layout go but hopefully someone else is going to get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Cheers

Graham.

Hello all,

The layout had its final exhibition last weekend and i had a nice visitor.

A beautiful sound fitted Pannier created by Alistair of wyre forest model railway club, Absolutely amazing considering the size of the loco!

The chaps operating Kinlet Wharf also kindly ran my Scotrail 90 on there 16 coach sleeper, looked very impressive.

Cheers

Graham.

• RMweb Premium

Is your Scotrail 90 done with vinyls, or a respray? Looks great either way!

Will miss the updates on this layout, one of my absolute favourites, sorry not to have seen it in the flesh, particularly as you've exhibited it at various shows near me!

Is your Scotrail 90 done with vinyls, or a respray? Looks great either way!

Will miss the updates on this layout, one of my absolute favourites, sorry not to have seen it in the flesh, particularly as you've exhibited it at various shows near me!

Hi,

The Scotrail 90 is a mercig studio paint job, It was my first loco from them and she looks fantastic, also quite special as my good lady bought it for me. 

Sorry you never got to see the layout in the flesh, hopefully the new owner may post an odd update on here?

cheers

Graham.

Great stuff as always ! What is happening to the layout ? gutted I never got to see it in the flesh !

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

i'm selling the layout as its just not getting any use at home, it used to be set up permanently but since building my 00 layout it has lived underneath awaiting its next exhibition.

Although thats ok i just don't use it which is a shame so rather than break it up i'd rather someone else get enjoyment from it.

Not to worry though as i do have another one in the pipeline. 

cheers

Graham.

Hello Graham,

This is a fantastic layout and I am glad it's going to an appreciative home.

I'll enjoy following your new layout too!

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben,

The new layout was planned on the success of the Pendolino so i need to thank you and Mike. 

cheers

Graham.

• 4 weeks later...

Loved watching this layout take shape. Was good to meet you and was very glad to see the layout in the flesh at Canterbury.

Thanks for giving the pannier a run, very much appreciated!

Kind of wished I had the space and money to give it a home. Hope the new owner keeps it updated.

My proposed layout has now been adjusted from 4 x 6 coach platform faces to 2 x 11 and 2 x 9. Just so that I can have my 2 x 11's in at once!

Alistair

Has they layout moved on yet, or is it still with you ?

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

As it happens the layout goes this coming saturday, I erected it yesterday and did a load of filming and took plenty of pictures so i'l post a few video's soon. 

cheers

Graham.

Loved watching this layout take shape. Was good to meet you and was very glad to see the layout in the flesh at Canterbury.

Thanks for giving the pannier a run, very much appreciated!

Kind of wished I had the space and money to give it a home. Hope the new owner keeps it updated.

My proposed layout has now been adjusted from 4 x 6 coach platform faces to 2 x 11 and 2 x 9. Just so that I can have my 2 x 11's in at once!

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

cheers for the kind words, was good to meet you to, also lucky on my part to watch Kinlet wharf all weekend.

look forward to seeing your layout progress soon.

Graham.

Archived