Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

Good to see the first test run on KL. Now the 09 has proved the PW work, is there a run for a classic S&C loco?

Duncan

I'm only connecting-up the lines in the fiddle yard at the moment. The turnouts at either end aren't fully connected - polarity switching needs checking, so I'll get onto that eventually.

I may put a 9F in the yard tomorrow!

Jeff

He there YOUNG Jeff, I see the tablets started to work then :no: , YOU HAVE A TRAIN RUNNING :senile: :senile: :senile:

Looking good mate, when will we see the VIDEO VERSION?????? :nono:

I will have some catching up to do tomorrow night and Sunday night, :declare:

Not many posts from me today, I have been VERY BUSY :nono:

Cheers Mate.

Old Lune :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Well, a grand last 2 hours was had by all.

We've had (me and Al) a class 25, class 28 AND a 9F running in the yard. To hell with the shunter....

My 9F running perfectly at notch 1 out of 128..... Al has taken a batch of stills AND some video - about 15 minutes worth, which he'll edit down.

Unfortunately, he's also got some pics of ugly-mug me, lurking in the corner.

Not bad considering how little of the yard is wired. Well chuffed.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

Looking forward to those photos and the vid. Only of the locos you understand :sungum:

Duncan

Cheeky devil!!

If you keep your fingers crossed and say nice things about me, Uncle Schubert might well deliver the goods in the next day or so!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I suspected that Jeff may have been finger-poking that shunter towards the camera just to fool us, but if Al has a vid then seeing is believing....but then Jeff would NEVER do that to us Lunesters, would he?

Now you have movement Jeff, Andy will expect grass tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I suspected that Jeff may have been finger-poking that shunter towards the camera just to fool us, but if Al has a vid then seeing is believing....but then Jeff would NEVER do that to us Lunesters, would he?

Now you have movement Jeff, Andy will expect grass tomorrow.

Hee hee - Andy will have a long time to wait!

However, whenever me and Al get together the grass may not grow, but the seeds (of ideas) germinate [terrible play on words!!]....

I had an idea to convert the corner area into a permanent fitting - with access by other means. Al had a brainwave and refined my idea - it'll be great now, and there are practical consequences for the speed with which I can get the valley sides done.... Not revealing details - it's a riddle, and the clues are there!

Seeing my 9F trundling along at near zero speed was wonderful. The target is to get more scenics done AND have the far-end turnouts wired-up so the 9F can cross the viaduct under power on his next visit.... maybe 2 weeks... Yummy thought!

Jeff

• Like 1

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

I think Jeff just pushed that loco up the tracks.... there was no train movement.  Its all just Iranian stealth plane-esque propoganda.

Does anyone remember ElectricNose?

post-8688-0-91624100-1360971298.jpg

"We absoloutely DID run trains on Kirkby Luneside yesterday!"

The truth is out there.

www.lunester-conspiracy.com

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That 09 is clockwork, I tell you :D

It WAS clockwork, but the front wheels were 1/4" out, and it niggled me SO much that I just HAD to chuck it out and get an electric one!!  :yahoo:

EDIT: If you haven't been reading the Trebudoc thread you won't have a clue about this!!

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

I think Jeff just pushed that loco up the tracks.... there was no train movement.  Its all just Iranian stealth plane-esque propoganda.

Does anyone remember ElectricNose?

attachicon.gif07-minister.jpg

"We absoloutely DID run trains on Kirkby Luneside yesterday!"

The truth is out there.

www.lunester-conspiracy.com

NOT TRUE!!!!!

It was TODAY!! Lol.  :angel:

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

This may end up being an X File :jester:  :jester:

Duncan

Why? Are you trying to make me CROSS?!!  :jester:

Btw, any Lunesters got a Heljan class 28? Al brought one with him - CoBo wheel arrangement. Unusual and interesting model.

Jeff

Why? Are you trying to make me CROSS?!!  :jester:

Btw, any Lunesters got a Heljan class 28? Al brought one with him - CoBo wheel arrangement. Unusual and interesting model.

Jeff

Class 28? Yes! Smashing looking machines! Completely wrong for the area I'm modelling (but not for where I live) but who cares. Al's showing great taste there! I'm not certain about this, but I think they did venture over the S&C on occasion.

Edited by Mythocentric

Only 20 built and lasted from 1958 - 1969. Ran London Midland Region and transferred to Barrow-in-Furness

There was one used by the Research Division and then carriage heating unit. It is preserved at the East Lancashire Railway.

Having read more about it, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

No Class 28.  Do have a 33, Jim Martin, though. Now looking for a WCRC crew coach - any suggestions as to a what would make a good donor gratefully received  :yes:  not needing too much modification, of course.   Can't give lunesters the wrong impression, now, can we?

Next stint on Avago calling.

Back sometime later.

100% Hoarse Meat Polly

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When I was still in two minds as to whether to model a location in Cumbria, I had a 28 on order but when I picked Bacup, I cancelled it. They are so damned ugly but have a real charm to them.

Being a Barrow man, the 28 is like your 'home' diesel Jeff, as they ended up working the ex-Furness lines. Don't know what Cumbria did to upset BR, but they also off-loaded quite a few Claytons on the region's railways as well !

Well, a grand last 2 hours was had by all.

We've had (me and Al) a class 25, class 28 AND a 9F running in the yard. To hell with the shunter....

My 9F running perfectly at notch 1 out of 128..... Al has taken a batch of stills AND some video - about 15 minutes worth, which he'll edit down.

Good to see you've got something moving Jeff, I guess that'll be quite an inspiration to get more things done in time.

Maybe I'll get time to get the 4MT going at home this weekend...

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like I'll have to look into the 28 a bit further. Hadn't seen one before - and I've never bought a Heljan loco.

Bit more soldering today while I'm in the mood and maybe a bit of scenic work.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Metrovick class 28 BoCos were a strange breed.Often to be found working on Derby-Manchester stopping trains as a single (with five coaches) or in pairs on heavier long distance trains. They had many faults, the least of which was their front windows falling out, not nice when your're going over Peak Forest.There was one in the old covered loading dock at Matlock for many years and assume this is the one and only preseved one at ELR.

• Like 1