Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Index is on page 1

Bottom left chevrons at page numbering  :no:

There speaks a man who has obviously used the Index on a number of occasions.

Peter, if you look at any of my posts - in the signature at the bottom - the Index is currently in posts 1 and 4000 (it's also in 3035). When/if we reach 8000, I'll post a copy there.

But post 1 is the easiest to access. If you find any mistakes/links that don't work etc, please let me know.

Jeff

Peter, if you look at any of my posts - in the signature at the bottom - the Index is currently in posts 1 and 4000 (it's also in 3035). When/if we reach 8000, I'll post a copy there.

But post 1 is the easiest to access. If you find any mistakes/links that don't work etc, please let me know.

Jeff

Jeff

What do you mean IF !!

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

What do you mean IF !!

IF we look at any of Jeff's posts, do we get beyond the Like This button? :mosking:

Edit: forgot the smiley :jester:

Edited by southern42

I certainly do use the index an awful lot & I use this specific thread as my first port of call when I need info  :O

The index is a great addition, I find it easier to use than the overall search facility on rmweb  :nono:

............and if you can't find the answer, ask the question as recently with Kadee couplers, not much info originally but question asked, answers given & now in index  :scratchhead:

A great source of information, thank you Jeff & fellow Lunesters  :locomotive:

I think we have the start of Wiki Lunester  :jester:  

I'll try not to take that as a criticism. I think you'll find that all the important items are indexed and I'll certainly include the "Rob index" in my next update of the main Index!

Jeff

Is this wot you call retirement then?

Moving quickly along, have you seen any signs of Spring yet? It's dark and cold down here... we only get about 20C during the day, too. But at least the Aussies go home ...

Also I am a bit concerned by the changes to the end of the layout where there are tunnel portals. The photos make it look a bit steep and crowded, but photos can mis-represent things. 

Unless they are my photos of course. I've just been offered a job by Kader Industries for their "We Really Do Love Hornby Ltd and Want to Help All Modellers" promotional booklet.

Rob

edit;  index noted, thankyou  a bit scary  and thankyou all who have made kind comments

Edited by robmcg

• RMweb Premium

Evening Rob.

I'm not surprised if Kader offered you something!! Your photos are one of the best ads for the Hornby brand. Having said that, the Brit, B17, Standard 4, Black 5, A3 are all top-notch Nornby. Even I've got all of those (and an 8F).... and I'm a massively predominant Bachmann buyer!

At least we can find and enjoy your lovely photos a bit easier now!

Keep an eye on how the end of the Fell develops. No tunnels anymore... two cuttings .... more woodwork to reduce slopes tomorrow.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Evening Rob.

Keep an eye on how the end of the Fell develops. No tunnels anymore... two cuttings .... more woodwork to reduce slopes tomorrow.

Jeff

Seems a bit like the way some of my photos go...  often a return to square one, with a few deep breaths,  and with rational knowledge that in three weeks the wasted time will be forgotten!

Just on a more general note, it is worth mentioning that I really enjoy making the photos.  I had recently stopped buying models so I could waste my limited fixed income on unnecessary luxuries like food, but two days ago bought some weathered models from TMC who are just down the road from Darlington...  so I am supporting Yorkshire with my wallet! <g>

Rob

Do you have a site / gallery / thread that you put all your railway photos on that we can look at.  :O

Jeff's index is great but you must have many more that we haven't seen  :locomotive:

Let us know where they are, spread the word  :boast:

• RMweb Premium

Rob

I have to agree with Billy. If you have somewhere online that you showcase your pictures, please let us know.

Duncan

Rob

Do you have a site / gallery / thread that you put all your railway photos on that we can look at.  :O

Jeff's index is great but you must have many more that we haven't seen  :locomotive:

Let us know where they are, spread the word  :boast:

I think I asked Rob the same question last year. He has some kind of deal with Hornby, so we may find that some of his images have been copyrighted.

It would be great if there was a central focus for the range of locos he's photographed.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

After a "bit" more hacking at the formers - very awkward - this is what the corner looks like. Compare it to the previous 2 incarnations.... it is, umm.... a little bit lower... umm...

First go - VERY steep:

post-13778-0-89288000-1364822030_thumb.jpg

Second go: Less steep - designed to hold tunnels:

post-13778-0-10598200-1364822040_thumb.jpg

Third go - a pimple - for cuttings...:

post-13778-0-41979000-1364822050_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

That looks more interesting, Jeff.  And if your tunnel portal is anything to go by your aqueduct will look wonderful too.

It'll soon be looking like the S&C.  :sungum:

Polly

That looks more interesting, Jeff.  And if your tunnel portal is anything to go by your aqueduct will look wonderful too.

It'll soon be looking like the S&C:sungum:

Polly

Jeff

I have to agree with Polly about the interest level. :sungum:

But, I don't agree with the bit in bold. :O  I think that the other end of the layout already looks like S&C bar the grass, dry stone walls, sheep and buildings.

Duncan

Hi Jeff that looks really good now and I think will work,

Here are a couple of pics of my handiwork on Coopers Dale our club layout, for inspiration.

post-9335-0-36701800-1364835510_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83960800-1364835574_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63715100-1364835660_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18203700-1364835726_thumb.jpg

in this last one you notice how the sun has bleached the grass / hanging basket liner

post-9335-0-64315500-1364835868_thumb.jpg

Hope I am not hijacking the thread Jeff.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hijacking the thread? You've got to be joking!!

You know that I'm very happy to see relevant stuff on here - especially decent scenic work! That's quite a big layout, Andy. I like the Land Rover going down the lane next to the rock faces.

And the Lunesters have given me the opportunity to include a few rocky bits in the cuttings, so thats good.

Jeff

In that case Jeff this is part of the Canal section on the other side of the Layout under construction, all the white will be the canal basin, and the lock gate did work on thje old layout so we need to refurbish them.

post-9335-0-08464100-1364843830_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12636700-1364843915_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking the "water" in the basin is multiple layers of varnish on top of a dark green/brown painted base?

Pretty effective.

I'll be using Woodland Scenics "Realistic Water" - a gel substance that you put on in thin layers and sets hard.

Jeff