Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Sasquatch

the first one seems to be a variant on SteveT picture, same cars on carpark

The second one gives a better view of the little wall opposite, and how the footpath goes down to the waterfall, the short wall to the right further along means a small adjustment to the hillside. nice find thank you very much.

The britfarmer

The first one looks interesting, though if the does 12cm dis at only 1cm, that would be really expensive, so dfar I have barely touched a pot of varnish, although I have a number of products to do finishing touches inc Deluxe Waves. It might do for a smaller one off product though.

The second product for bedding in a boat looks really interesting. I'll look into that one further. I liked the later painted river the green edging was interesting.

• RMweb Premium

You might find that they are called 'tac cloths' local hardawre store, about $1.80 here!

Messers Downs and Robinson use PVA to achieve realistic water, it's gluppy so can be formed easily and dries clear . Cheap and simple.  Although I haven't tried it.

PVA appears to be good if you are ok with thin water, and as it dries you can work it with say a toothpick. I want to stretch it and make some realistic looking effects, and try to be original. All ideas are worth looking at.

I'd love to take credit for it, but it's out of a packet. Can't for the life of me remember who. 

You say pooh sticks, today at the Spalding show one of the displays had shopping trolleys and a bike....a sign of the times.

Whilst at Spalding Model Fair, we saw some truly brilliant layouts...and spent a little cash

Langley Models

med_gallery_17883_2806_565571.jpgrmweb46donkeys1

F193 £6.85

The initial coat

med_gallery_17883_2806_376762.jpgrmweb47donkeys2

Shadow coat

med_gallery_17883_2806_608240.jpgrmweb48donkeys3

Donkey handler and rider

med_gallery_17883_2806_79323.jpgrmweb49donkeys3

They are still wet so I'll pop them on the layout tomorrow.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Whilst at Spalding Model Fair, we saw some truly brilliant layouts...and spent a little cash

Langley Models

rmweb46donkeys1

F193 £6.85

The initial coat

rmweb47donkeys2

Shadow coat

rmweb48donkeys3

Donkey handler and rider

rmweb49donkeys3

They are still wet so I'll pop them on the layout tomorrow.

Amazing bit of painting Jaz, you must have steady hands. I don't think I could manage such detail on something so small and intricate. (For one thing, I wouldn't be able to see it!)

Now, where's me white stick...

Al.

I'd love to take credit for it, but it's out of a packet. Can't for the life of me remember who. 

You say pooh sticks, today at the Spalding show one of the displays had shopping trolleys and a bike....a sign of the times.

I would refer you to the cover art for an album called The Imagined Village - a very good contemporary update of The Willow Pattern.  It's really good music, too!

Edit to add:

Love the donkeys.  My Mother would also very much approve :)

Edited by C&WR

Amazing bit of painting Jaz, you must have steady hands. I don't think I could manage such detail on something so small and intricate. (For one thing, I wouldn't be able to see it!)

Now, where's me white stick...

Al.

It's the one advantage of being rather short sighted, I rarely need a magnifying glass!

However am very distracted by the donkeys.....

med_gallery_17883_2781_314054.jpg

• Like 1