Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, much appreciated. He is a tough old soul, and today has been his best day by far since I called out the ambulance. 

mkwolf1877. Exactly the building we use. Shame about the porch, but it does fit the bill. Thank you for the pictures  :sungum: Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi Jaz

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope things get better real soon, and sorry I missed you at the show last weekend with Glen Gillie... etc

Great work going on that you have been doing as I have not been on here for what seems like ages judging by so some many threads to catch up on, my dad is going through the mill to at present or I should say since last year, but chemo is going well...

Jamie

Am glad chemo seems ok, Trains12 did say your dads ill health was the obvious reason you had not attended. We managed a great chat without you =p.

I daresay your dads cancer trumps my dads gangrene. You have my best wishes.

Am glad chemo seems ok, Trains12 did say your dads ill health was the obvious reason you had not attended. We managed a great chat without you =p.

I daresay your dads cancer trumps my dads gangrene. You have my best wishes.

Thanks Jaz that means a lot...

No one loves to see our loved ones in Hospital no matter how big or small we may think the illnesses are...! 

They sometimes become like Rocks to make us think all is OK... a bit like the Del Boy scene.... You can do you crying in the van on the way home...

He still as his humour... and for that I have mine to... but hey, your layout is great and much progress.

Thanks again, Jamie

On another note I am using humbrol 209/AA7105 a day glow orange gloss, and the coverage is really poor, several layers to get the colour (all very mixed) which will ruin the definition of the model. I also opened a Humbrol acrylic, brand new white clear plastic intact and found it rather low in paint content. Is it just me? Is it possible suppliers taking some time to shift on stock has an impact?

Just so people know, Kal and I are working on the Aidensfield baseboards......scenery should follow. Pictures might even appear of the progress. I am also cutting into insulation foam for Goathland station, but there is still a long way to go before this is 'presentable' however pictures of where we are will also appear.

And my dad is beating the odds and getting better, fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Looking forward to seeing the progress/results. 

I was thinking of doing a Heartbeat tribute myself but as my layout is set  in the 80s it is a bit out of my timeline. What was being filmed in the 80s? All Creatures Great and Small so I am having a look into making a Darrowby cameo instead :) That is if my talents are up for the task  :senile:  :jester:  :jester: 

• Like 2

thebritfarmer

I think all creatures great and small would be marvellous, the farms, the hills, must be some trains, even a train station? You'll have to research the cars, the traffic signs, but the colours will be marvellous. I also think it would fall in line with the other factors you already have on your wish list.

Kal and I need to find a spot for some heavy machinery, diggers, etc. we went a bit mad on the yellow stuff. All Mick's fault. ;p.

J

oooh no which colour is best? But if I had to guess I plump for brown, I hope it's not yellow that would be BRIGHT. I prefer old gold.

thebritfarmer

I think all creatures great and small would be marvellous, the farms, the hills, must be some trains, even a train station? You'll have to research the cars, the traffic signs, but the colours will be marvellous. I also think it would fall in line with the other factors you already have on your wish list.

Kal and I need to find a spot for some heavy machinery, diggers, etc. we went a bit mad on the yellow stuff. All Mick's fault. ;p.

J

oooh no which colour is best? But if I had to guess I plump for brown, I hope it's not yellow that would be BRIGHT. I prefer old gold.

Thanks Jaz, 

Good news about your Dad. 

Don't want to hijack your thread but just a quick note. It appears that Askrigg in Wensleydale was the setting for All Creatures. Google maps does not reveal a station however. I am pretty sure Tristan arrived by train in at least one episode. More research is needed me thinks and I can always use modellers licence, which I am sure will end up being the case.

Regards Scott

• Like 1

Thanks Jaz, 

Good news about your Dad. 

Don't want to hijack your thread but just a quick note. It appears that Askrigg in Wensleydale was the setting for All Creatures. Google maps does not reveal a station however. I am pretty sure Tristan arrived by train in at least one episode. More research is needed me thinks and I can always use modellers licence, which I am sure will end up being the case.

Regards Scott

Don't get me started lol.

The vetspost-8977-0-66025100-1381600004_thumb.jpg

The Church

post-8977-0-23695300-1381600039_thumb.jpg

Probably got one of "The Drovers Arms" somewhere!! I've sunk a few "wee drams" in there lol. :)

Be really great to see someone do a "All Creatures" theme, loads of scope to model it. I'll watch with baited breath!!

• Like 2

Don't get me started lol.

The vetsattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The Church

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Probably got one of "The Drovers Arms" somewhere!! I've sunk a few "wee drams" in there lol. :)

Be really great to see someone do a "All Creatures" theme, loads of scope to model it. I'll watch with baited breath!!

"Finghall" was the station used in the show but no trains stopped there!

med_gallery_17883_2878_446569.jpg

The old Aidensfield table reworked. You'll see it's in section for the foam scenery to sit on. You'll also notice a gap between this table and hogsmeade 

med_gallery_17883_2878_212295.jpg

This the foam PIR that will be used for the scenic base.

med_gallery_17883_2878_411922.jpg

This allows me to keep the area where I was able to take some lovely pictures in the evening,the foam PIR will be carved to incorporate the bridge you see aligns with hogshead.

med_gallery_17883_2878_193312.jpg

The road will need to be diverted.

med_gallery_17883_2878_1215758.jpg

the stream will also need a new connection, it will then divert under the new bridge.

With all the research we have been doing we hope to incorporate small cameos of Aidensfield in this area. The church, the Aidensfield Arms and Scripps, and a shop area which initially will re house the buildings we used previously but will be laid out to replace them with scratchbuilt over time.

If anyone knows a safe way to 'seal' carved insulation board that has it's silver foil removed I would be very interested in their methods.

Edited by Jaz