MDV

21.5t

B311568K

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmdv/h348aad75#h25b63f2e

So far I know that over the weekend

Kal and  Jaz (me) are going

Jcredfer  is going

JCL is coming over fro the Canadian Rockies and going

Westerhamstation has been asking whose going so I am supposing he is gearing up for it.

dt has not yet said he us going but he knows he has an open house to stay ay ours on offer and grab a lift

Freebs is on the cusp of committing.

Runs as Required is going, he is an old friend originally from our old forum. I once won a competition he ran And he helped me with my scratch build Ye Olde White Horse.....which admittedly is stalled although I now have better materials to revamp and finish it......another one for the list. He can apparently negotiate which day he goes.

I think we need to check our days, set a time, and an extra window for unforeseen events, to meet at a certain part of the show, JCL is offering to wearing a distinctive T shirt, I will carry my pink iPad. It will be great fun to meet those RMwebber we have met before and those we are yet to meet.

Feel free to throw your hat in the circle if you are going and want to meet. :sungum:

Runs as Required is going.

Hmm..........He did not tell me, when he phoned...............@ 8.am yesterday............

Edited by David Todd

Perhaps, at that time in the morning  ...................   and what with him being a Harkitec   ...................

Hmm..........He did not tell me, when he phoned...............@ 8.am yesterday............

...................   it may have been still on the Drawing Board    ..............      :scratchhead:    ....................    after all -it wasn't coffee time yet   .........      :jester:

Maybe he was scared you'd turn up with your mum in tow  :jester:

And now we have to find him without an advance scout!!!!

Is Richard going to be there????

I notice on RMlive thread they are warning that there is a footie match now scheduled for the 13th. Which I suppose makes the 14th look favourite. Although RMlive thread says the parking is OURS. But arriving late might not be the best of ideas. Is anyone only going on a particular day, as opposed to the show per say? 

I wouldn't panic too much    ............................

I notice on RMlive thread they are warning that there is a footie match [???????] now scheduled for the 13th

It isn't likely to amount to a bunch of Chelsea xxxxx look-alikes   .........................................      :nono:

............   in the last 5 matches for each team, there has been one Win each, 7 Lost games and one Draw   .............................   

The spectators are more likely to be local Gardening Clubs on a day out watching other people's grass grow  ...........     :drag:

• RMweb Gold

At their last home match Coventry drew a crowd of just under 2,400. I can't see Yeovil bringing a big away fan contingent with them, so I don't think it will be a major problem. Though you may want to avoid leaving at exactly the same moment as the final whistle. So I'm still game for either day, though I normally prefer Sundays on 2 day shows as they're normally a bit quieter,

Um....now how do I do this...

&

Maybe [the Harkitec] was scared you'd turn up with your mum in tow  :jester:

And now we have to find him without an advance scout!!!!

Hi smee, in actual poisson....

dt is right, I didn't say anything to him about Coventry - cos I hadn't found out about it at that stage.

I was talking to him about whether he was coming up to N Shields for the Blyth&Tyne exhibition this weekend.

And actually his mum is a whole lot more fun than dt - who is always complaining about the way his layout keeps curling up in all his tab smoke. :jester:

About Coventry: my CEO says its fine by her - but did I not think to check first with daughter Rache that they'd be prepared to accept the old trouts for that weekend? (we're still awaiting confirmation of that).

But it would be very interesting to meet up with y'all.

dhig

How can we be sure the Post is genuine 

Hi smee, in actual poisson....

...........    can't quite put my finger on it    .....    but there is definitely something fishy [or perhaps even Froggy] about the tone of it   ..............    :jester:

Haa!! - there   .............    told you so   ........     before Morning Coffee and still on the Drawing Board    .......       :drag:

dt is right, I didn't say anything to him about Coventry - cos I hadn't found out about it at that stage.

....     Anyway, it isn't likely that anyone is going to be chatty about the possibility of having to go to Coventry  ..........    :angel:

.....   Enough - enough - let us all hope Daughter is ready to extend the hospitality to the deserving venerable, [wot brung 'em up proper]  .......   it would be delightful to place another face  ....      :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 1

Just got an email from Richard.  He will be there on his stand, the GM stand - and will be giving a Presentation.   ......     

Thats bad news - it means I'm going to have lie through my teeth about how much money I actually managed to spend while looking at 'a few toy trains'. :scared:

dhig

Westerhamstation is going on the Saturday. He expects to be there early enough to not worry about footie fans and avoid leaving at whistle time.

We are still in flux, Kal has still not looked at the tickets...so we think we can go either day. When he booked in advance there appeared to be no set day.

Cool.....Richard.....hmmmm....I think we played the prank from hell on him already......maybe ....if we find one of the 'gang' is quick with the verbal patter as well as the written word we can see how far a re run would go........I wonder if he (Richard) would kill us  :jester:  :jester:  :jester: ......although we could stand at a safe distance (with a video.... if it got only a fraction of the way it would make great footage) ...and leave the sucker joker in the firing line :sungum: . Now acg_mr is always quick on the pun....he has not stated if he is going.....I wonder if he can duck and dive......LMAO. Or Westerhamstation....'cos he would have his wife with him, hence Richard is far to much of a gentleman to bonk him. Lucky for us he has a great sense of humour ROFL. I wonder if they have the wives with them this year....Last time they needed bigger suitcases going home and she still had to throw some clothes away to make room for the new ones :triniti:  Richard barely broke a sweat!!!!!

Note to self....Ricahrd rarely comes on here....and won't read this ....will he????? :O  :O  :O

• Like 2

Who can tell    ............................

"To bonk" means something else up north............

...............     there are some rumours about AUS behaviour out in the less populated regions     ......................     and he has been there a while now   ................      :angel:

....................    unlikely 'though, .............. :nono:   ...............  as he does have a considerable interest in trains    ........     :jester:  :jester:

:O

"To bonk" means something else up north............. :O  :banned:

Cheers,

Mick

Oh ah LOL....yes us southern softies say bonk for hit.....you northern nutters (sssh Kal isn't reading this is he..... :O ...) use it as hit on..........

bonk....is retracted......with clobber....oh no that can mean clothes.....

I mean bop......oh no that can mean dance.......

thump........now thump i think is universally accepted as pulverise, beat to a mush.......

the point being...he's far too nice to do that.....I think ;p

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

let us all hope Daughter is ready to extend the hospitality to the deserving venerable, [wot brung 'em up proper]  .......   it would be delightful to place another face  ....      :sungum:  :sungum:

Yippee!

Daughter Rache she say Yais!

Oh ...and Bonk means Bonk up here north of the Gateshead Angel just as it does everywhere else - with Wallabies, wellies, sheep w.h.y.

:good:

dhig

Ok ....so......we have a bunch of us doing RMlive......

several can do either day.

Westerhamstation is doing     Saturday...................not Sunday

JCL appears to be doing        Saturday                   And Sunday

Kal and Lynn apparently can do either    Saturday   or   Sunday

Acg-mr would like to go         ?

Freebs would like to go           ?

Julian can do either                                Saturday   or   Sunday

runs as required can do either                  Saturday   or   Sunday

dt cannot make either                                Saturday   or   Sunday maybe he's sneaking of to Expo...... :O

Anotheran can do either day                      Saturday   or   Sunday

So unless acg_mr and freebs have an issue with Saturday. It appears favourite in order to link with Westerhamstation.

if anyone else is able to make RMlive and has not yet stated being able to do so. Please do pipe up...if you wish to say hi.

Jock will unfortunately be in hospital, but he knows we wish him well with his op.

And some are definitely doing Expo. whether that is both days I do not know.

now the big question is what time and where to meet.........

not first thing.....far to messy......lunchtime might be nice.........then if stragglers they don't get caught out......

any thoughts??? 

Q. As social secretary.....do i get a box of chocolates :angel: .................. :jester:  :jester:  :jester: .....only joking.....on a diet........sighs........

Yippee!

Daughter Rache she say Yais!

Oh ...and Bonk means Bonk up here north of the Gateshead Angel just as it does everywhere else - with Wallabies, wellies, sheep w.h.y.

:good:

dhig

Hmm......To Be,Or Not To Be...........sent to Coventry  ??

2 x Room nts.(with sliding door's,overlooking the pitch).   Return Rail fare. Admission fee.........

• Like 1

Received some more information from Richard today   ...........  See below  .........

All good - I am always happy to say hi as you know.

Keep me in the loop for any get togethers... Happy to meet there - and have a beer after the show too....

I am staying at the Hilton BTW. (Because it has a smoking room for us non-PC people LOL)              Richard

Glad to hear from him as he must be busy with the new Web-site and Prep for coming over here.

• Like 2

Received some more information from Richard today   ...........  See below  .........

Glad to hear from him as he must be busy with the new Web-site and Prep for coming over here.

Expect him to be busy as it is his lively hood.....but he does need the 'odd' cigarette break.....and usually has Peter to cover, so expect the cigarette spot will give several opportunities to say hi..... :sungum:

Ref RMLIVE, 

the likelihood of managing a full meet with all our mutual friends will surely not be doable.

But we are making as much effort as possible to help those who are going, and want to say hi to do so. Some friends will of course have commitments, health, family, children, and for some they live in foreign climes. however, it will be nice to meet those that we do. And friends will always be friends. So for those that cannot be there.....you will be  there in spirit. It will be nice to meet their poor understanding other halves in some cases. Those poor people who have to gently shake their head regards our hobby, and probably think well i t could be worse......They might be doing O gauge and then they would steal the garden as well!!!!!! :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

Q. As social secretary.....do i get a box of chocolates :angel: .................. :jester:  :jester:  :jester: .....only joking.....on a diet........sighs........

Way aye Pet....

I could slip yer another unmakeable art deco water tower :jester:

I like the idea of a lunchtime pie & peas meet-up coinciding with a tab break.

dhig

Way aye Pet....

I could slip yer another unmakeable art deco water tower :jester:

I like the idea of a lunchtime pie & peas meet-up coinciding with a tab break.

dhig

I do plan to make it....actually that is  point tho must go track down the email and save the pictures into my files. The half built Ye olde White Horse...will get a new life....as she will be rebuilt out of thicker plastic that can support the roof!!!!!. And this time I will build the windows from scratch. Thanks to Sasquatch et al. I have acquired much better material and hopefully have better knowledge to make the windows.....although I was always rather secretly impressed by my drawn ones.....ah those were the days....innocent....oh yeah and stupid...LOL.

• Like 1