Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Dunno really    ......................     :scratchhead:

...................   used to be so - I think so - way back, when I had a memory     .......................     :angel:   ..........................    and a well turned Victorian ankle was a delightful sight     .....     :O  

these days it is more a question of so much meat on display in the market  ................  there seems little motivation to raise a bid  .........     :nono:

Ha!!!!!! I remember the miniskirts......just.........AND I inherited some as a late teenage, which not only had VERY short skirts, but required a blouse underneath because they were cut UNDER the bust!!!! Great with a gathered gypsy house. I'm sure you have seen PLENTY on display.......

.......although I agree somehow it does seem a little cruder nowadays. The problem is that some teenagers are not of legal age.......and unfortunately kids should not be dressing like mutton when they should definitely be dressed likes lambs!!!!!!!!

...................    I remember the Mini Skirts too   ........................................   and there was no JUST about some of them    ....................   quite vivid even today   .........    [Where is the "Steaming" Icon when you need it   .....    :jester:  :jester:

.................    actually, pondering for a moment on this subject   ......   I'm not entirely sure it is the Mini Skirts that were memorable    .....    :no:   :no:   :nono:

Hi Jaz, just popped in to see what you've been up to, I couldn't believe you were on Page 2 so I though I'd better get you back up top.

Looking good anyway Kid,

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P

Apologies for the break in normal service.......

I have a bundle of Peter Harvey stuff to come thru.

But the 'spring' cleaning is still on going.....mother-in-law due. Which is just as well...discovered a blocked drain....which left unattended could have had some nasty consequences. Luckily we have drain rods / chimney rods (a very useful purchase but some 15 years, and one house, ago. So quickly solved...with no big bills. also a quick declutter of the gutters....where TWO plants had taken residence!!! :O  so when the colder weather comes back the gutters can man the roof, and the drains are coping with the rest. Also discovered that where we had 4 new outside taps put in around the house, that the one by the kitchen pours directly into that drain...which was handy. and that chasing he hose around to the others ensure a good clean out to the drains. also washed the white plastic guttering which was rather grubby.

Time for a nice photo or two.

I did consider modelling this property one time for the layout. We have a resin building that reflects what it looks like BEFORE we added the granny annexe, but with a nice tidy, am very temped to re visit the idea of modelling the lot. Runs as required

So not only are we better prepared for the winter weather.......the house is looking so much better  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 2

Painting took place today........Added a jelly fish.......

med_gallery_17883_2781_208949.jpgrmweb2753painting

it's ok.....also started the rest of the wagons, and am taking marcus37s idea forward

med_gallery_17883_3119_492523.jpgrmweb2754painting2

the Humbrol black has a distinct blue as you paint it on, but as it dries the blue disappears, so you need to add the blue

med_gallery_17883_3119_506152.jpgrmweb2756painting4

• Like 6

MD reckons the Jellyfish is really cool  ....    a real professional artist  ....     :sungum:  :sungum:

She's not so sure about the wagons 'though  ....   I guess it a matter of taste, after all  ...    :scratchhead:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

Well people probably think I am slacking....no pictures etc, BUT I have been PMing people like mad over different reasons. So once I have helped put the world to rights (yeah like that will happen) I will get a chance to do some modelling. dt.....dont YOU dare.........

I have finished in the bathroom....am now doing a french chef in the kitchen (the chefs outfit of black and white squares compliments our black and white porcelain floor tiles) and a splash effect on the wall between wall cupboards and worktop, Kal bless his cotton socks has given two thumbs up. It might have something to do with the fact, that a major clean up has to take place in order to paint. But who am I to complain  :angel: And he even got beef bourguignon  baby potatoes speciality bread (bought) and a glass of wine.....he is now gelling out on the couch.

FYI

We have tickets for RMlive at Coventry....I think our pre booked tickets can be used EITHER Saturday on Sunday. We are only going one day, no specific day yet.

Anyone else gong on a specific day? Would be nice to me and say high to RMfriends....

edit= and give some fair notice how to avoid us..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Jaz

Evening Jaz, just remind me NOT to invite you round to our place when you've got a paintbrush in your hand, hahha

Great bit of artwork though, I must admit.

ANYWAY have YOU or anyone else seen Ben Jone's post #83 in the BRM - Sep + bumper thread,  REALLY GREAT NEWS.

Bodge.

Link  ??

NYWAY have YOU or anyone else seen Ben Jone's post #83 in the BRM - Sep + bumper thread,  REALLY GREAT NEWS.

I know   .............................................   incredibly busy  ok lazy  ....   :jester:  :jester:

So...

Having picked up a bunch of Peter Harvey's etches inculding the arlington translater coaches, i have started to have a look at what is what.

However, i need tO source some Bachmann mk1 standard open coaches with b4 bogies. That said it does not seem easy to identify which models meet that requirment..., but anyway due to the fact they are always mAde in the wrong quantities, very few seem to be available.

But...... What i cannot see from the limited pictures i see, is what the difference there is between any of the full length mark 1's other than the bogies, and the bit which will be replaced... The sides.

So.... Why can i not just use any long. Mk1. With b4 bogies and corridors? I have stacks of mk1 half and full brakes i got cheap.

Answers on a postcard please..... Then digitise it and post here to AV ;)

And I had to work out how to do it...as I am on my iPad and am too lazy to walk the six foot to my computer desk. Craftman clever.....press the link.....press again select copy......go to new post click...click again select paste

• Like 2

Ok you will all be glad to know...whilst I have been decorating.....Kal got bored........

so HE got hold of Pete Harveys brass etchings......just as well I can't solder for toffee.......

med_gallery_17883_3113_25611.jpgrmweb2757painting5

• Like 4

First item up is the bending tool, and no don't ask us yet how you use it......yet......build it as per picture....then trial it out... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3113_356301.jpgrmweb2759painting7

med_gallery_17883_3113_478526.jpgrmweb2760painting8

med_gallery_17883_3113_314075.jpgrmweb2761painting9

med_gallery_17883_3113_410593.jpgrmweb2765painting13

hot...hot...hot.....

med_gallery_17883_3113_292992.jpgrmweb2766painting14

med_gallery_17883_3113_120352.jpgrmweb2767painting5

• Like 2

I just saw someone post on Outwell village which is one of the layout we saw at DEMU which I was putting up pictures of when the poor bloke wrapped himself around the telephone pole.

So I quickly uploaded and posted on the Outwell thread..but as the pictures were for us to use as reference for good detailing, and s several people said they were pleased to see layouts they can't visit.....

Here is the post I just put up there.......

OH and a link back to his thread here on rmweb, just in case  you want to have a browse....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/4652-outwell-village/page-5&do=findComment&comment=1553501

I saw you at DEMU this year. I was putting up pictures....when some poor devil drove into a nearby telephone pole and disconnected us for a couple of weeks. Seeing this post reminded me how much I enjoyed the detailing on your layout. So I hope you don't mind these late additions

med_gallery_17883_3195_116792.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_102562.jpgwonderful modelling

med_gallery_17883_3195_584422.jpglittle shop cameo

med_gallery_17883_3195_109242.jpgridge crossing into a quiet village

med_gallery_17883_3195_795483.jpgthe washing line

med_gallery_17883_3195_164525.jpgnice rolling stock very evocative of era

I hope you don't mind I plan to put them up on my own thread as well. As the pictures I took reference those details I deem worth of stealing....oops I mean copying...  :angel:

• Like 6

First item up is the bending tool, and no don't ask us yet how you use it......yet......build it as per picture....then trial it out... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3113_356301.jpgrmweb2759painting7

med_gallery_17883_3113_478526.jpgrmweb2760painting8

med_gallery_17883_3113_314075.jpgrmweb2761painting9

med_gallery_17883_3113_410593.jpgrmweb2765painting13

hot...hot...hot.....

med_gallery_17883_3113_292992.jpgrmweb2766painting14

med_gallery_17883_3113_120352.jpgrmweb2767painting5

Nice Rapid heat sink you have there..................

• RMweb Premium

So.... Why can i not just use any long. Mk1. With b4 bogies and corridors? I have stacks of mk1 half and full brakes i got cheap.

Answers on a postcard please..... Then digitise it and post here to AV ;)

Full brakes are shorter than normal Mk1's (unless you've got the Lima or early Hornby Mk1 full brakes that are incorrect in being as long as a normal Mk1) IIRC, the prototype lengths are 57' and 61'6"

Cheers,

Mick