Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

I do plan to make it....actually that is  point tho must go track down the email and save the pictures into my files. The half built Ye olde White Horse...will get a new life....as she will be rebuilt out of thicker plastic that can support the roof!!!!!. And this time I will build the windows from scratch. Thanks to Sasquatch et al. I have acquired much better material and hopefully have better knowledge to make the windows.....although I was always rather secretly impressed by my drawn ones.....ah those were the days....innocent....oh yeah and stupid...LOL.

Jaz,

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Some people are quite happy with drawn or printed windows.

med_gallery_17883_2781_400221.jpg

I made the bay window, nd not from evergreen or similar....I cut each strip myself....which does rather explain the results...I would have persevered but i liked the roof but the plastic had no strength to carry it. I will go back to it, but as with some many people, there is so many jobs to do and only so much time....

• Like 4

Very nice buildings Jaz :no: looking forward on more from this :senile:  :paint:

\they are from over a year ago. And were abandoned when

1. the roof became too heavy for the walls :O

2.I found the Robinson and Downes thread and realised how much of a  :butcher:  I was......

but I will be resurrecting it..... :sungum:

In fact the massive tidy up...has turned up all sorts of interesting tools and bits and pieces.....

and I will soon be playing 'trains' again.... :senile: ....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 5

Oh Wow!!  ........   that's great news  ...............

In fact the massive tidy up...has turned up all sorts of interesting tools and bits and pieces.....

Did you find my Perma-Grit, abrasive tool, that I lost way back early this year   .......     :sungum:  :sungum:   ....   Clumsy Club   #1244

Edited by jcredfer

..... were abandoned when.... the roof became too heavy for the walls :O

but I will be resurrecting it..... :sungum:

In fact the massive tidy up...has turned up all sorts of interesting tools and bits and pieces........ :senile: ....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

"The roof being too heavy for the walls" was one reason why we were able to afford to buy our house when we came back from Africa with all wor bairns. I'm ashamed to admit we used child labour to take it off ...OK - it might still leak a bit - but it works.

About thatch- have you thought of trying dried lavender stalks? They bunch up well, can be hustled into the right shapes plus they smell good too!

And do you quote for train (and art :paint:) room tidying on a contract basis? I'd really appreciate .... :help:

dhig

• Like 1

"The roof being too heavy for the walls" was one reason why we were able to afford to buy our house when we came back from Africa with all wor bairns. I'm ashamed to admit we used child labour to take it off ...OK - it might still leak a bit - but it works.

About thatch- have you thought of trying dried lavender stalks? They bunch up well, can be hustled into the right shapes plus they smell good too!

And do you quote for train (and art :paint:) room tidying on a contract basis? I'd really appreciate .... :help:

dhig

room tidying!!!!!! I only do my own rooms under extreme duress......

either Kal points out its about time.....

or the mother in law is visiting :scared: others visitors have a one day quick race around.....well except the bedding that gets washed and dried over a couple of days LOL.

I like the lavender idea....but I liked the DAS, its only fault was it was shiny. 

and Kal can vouch for the fact that my work area is 99 percent of the time in need of a tidy.....and I spread into other areas. Inc the lounge where I have now hoovered and the missing bit of pylon failed to materialise so it will have to be a bodge job. I think I will start a second one....and hopefully not add myself to the model :jester: At this rate if I lose a bit of each one instead of three I might get one good one and two jury rigged.And careful photography rehired LMAO.

• Like 1

Anyway I need to quickly make a replacement dog before RMlive, for mindriver. As the model of her and Harvey got lost in the post. Luckily I had a spare mini driver. Although I will need to source a mother model to make another for our layout.

And I will be checking out Austin the After burner for JCL.

• RMweb Premium

Ok ....so......we have a bunch of us doing RMlive......

several can do either day.

Westerhamstation is doing     Saturday...................not Sunday

JCL appears to be doing        Saturday                   And Sunday

Kal and Lynn apparently can do either    Saturday   or   Sunday

Acg-mr would like to go         ?

Freebs would like to go           ?

Julian can do either                                Saturday   or   Sunday

runs as required can do either                  Saturday   or   Sunday

dt cannot make either                                Saturday   or   Sunday maybe he's sneaking of to Expo...... :O

Anotheran can do either day                      Saturday   or   Sunday

Shaun would like to go            ??

So unless acg_mr and freebs have an issue with Saturday. It appears favourite in order to link with Westerhamstation.

if anyone else is able to make RMlive and has not yet stated being able to do so. Please do pipe up...if you wish to say hi.

Jock will unfortunately be in hospital, but he knows we wish him well with his op.

And some are definitely doing Expo. whether that is both days I do not know.

now the big question is what time and where to meet.........

not first thing.....far to messy......lunchtime might be nice.........then if stragglers they don't get caught out......

any thoughts??? 

Q. As social secretary.....do i get a box of chocolates :angel: .................. :jester:  :jester:  :jester: .....only joking.....on a diet........sighs........

Next year maybe, huh!

OK it seems that Saturday is fast becoming favourite. 

dt has also changed his mind.....we told him we'll see him there sunday :angel: ...... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

LOL hes gonna come to ours and come over with us.

It will be really nice to meet so many of our friends.

Now we need to decide when and where in the show.....Perhaps we should all pile in on poor Andy Y :O

Seriously does anyone know an easy to spot place in the show area??? 

• Like 1

Ok ....so......we have a bunch of us doing RMlive......

several can do either day.

Westerhamstation is doing     Saturday...................not Sunday

JCL appears to be doing        Saturday                   And Sunday

Kal and Lynn apparently can do either    Saturday   or   Sunday

dt cannot make either                                Saturday   or   Sunday maybe he's sneaking of to Expo...... :O

So unless acg_mr and freebs have an issue with Saturday. It appears favourite in order to link with Westerhamstation.

if anyone else is able to make RMlive and has not yet stated being able to do so. Please do pipe up...if you wish to say hi.

Jock will unfortunately be in hospital, but he knows we wish him well with his op.

And some are definitely doing Expo. whether that is both days I do not know.

now the big question is what time and where to meet.........

not first thing.....far to messy......lunchtime might be nice.........then if stragglers they don't get caught out......

any thoughts??? 

Q. As social secretary.....do i get a box of chocolates :angel: .................. :jester:  :jester:  :jester: .....only joking.....on a diet........sighs........

As discussed Saturday is now a definite for us (Sunday not ruled out but unlikely at present)

And good news C&WR is hoping to make it.

• Like 1

As discussed Saturday is now a definite for us (Sunday not ruled out but unlikely at present)

And....  I believe dt will be joining us on Saturday too :)

oh and if your not mention and are going , please feel free to let us know

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

George and I should be going Sunday I'm afraid.

Bodge.

So if we go the sunday as well....we'll track you down LOL....... I thought you would be doing Expo......I'm sure we'll have the pleasure of saying hi again. It was a real pleasure meeting you and Jason / Sandside at DEMU this year.

So if we go the sunday as well....we'll track you down LOL....... I thought you would be doing Expo......I'm sure we'll have the pleasure of saying hi again. It was a real pleasure meeting you and Jason / Sandside at DEMU this year.

George is going to EM on the day we don't go to Coventry, I cant get up that far as I can still only drive locally, I drove about 5 miles to Burton and then back home the other day and it tired me out.

Yes must catch up again soon, we'll look out for you on the Sunday, and if I see you I'll run and hide, hahhahahheeeee :no: .

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P

George is going to EM on the day we don't go to Coventry, I cant get up that far as I can still only drive locally, I drove about 5 miles to Burton and then back home the other day and it tired me out.

Yes must catch up again soon, we'll look out for you on the Sunday, and if I see you I'll run and hide, hahhahahheeeee :no: .

Bodge.

LOL the only place you'll avoid me coming over and saying hi if i see you is the blokes toilets.......hopefully it won't be crowed with other terrified RMwebbers.....ROFL.

• Like 1

room tidying!!!!!! I only do my own rooms under extreme duress......

either Kal points out its about time.....

or the mother in law is visiting :scared: others visitors have a one day quick race around.....well except the bedding that gets washed and dried over a couple of days LOL.

I like the lavender idea....but I liked the DAS, its only fault was it was shiny. 

and Kal can vouch for the fact that my work area is 99 percent of the time in need of a tidy.....and I spread into other areas. Inc the lounge where I have now hoovered and the missing bit of pylon failed to materialise so it will have to be a bodge job. I think I will start a second one....and hopefully not add myself to the model :jester: At this rate if I lose a bit of each one instead of three I might get one good one and two jury rigged.And careful photography rehired LMAO.

12....................day's and counting........................ :jester:

Shall bring,......me own low wattage vac ???? EU rules..!

Edited by David Todd

Westerhamstation is doing     Saturday...................not Sunday

JCL appears to be doing        Saturday                   And Sunday

Kal and Lynn apparently can do either    Saturday   or   Sunday

dt cannot make either                                Saturday   or   Sunday maybe he's sneaking of to Expo......  :O updated Saturday

C&WR                                                      Saturday

Marcus37                                                 Saturday

Cor....if I had but known....we could have tried to negotiate a group ticket....... :jester: