Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Sasquatch

He's brilliant isn't he, I use him to tease Julian. We had a great skit going on our last forum, that's how we came to build RAF Zollywood.

He is either Airfix or Dapol. In fact, Julian probably knows because he helped me source them.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

I have heard of the headless horse man but it appears Aboretum Valley has a headless horse. Where did you get it as it seems an unusual but interesting addition to the layout?

I have heard of the headless horse man but it appears Aboretum Valley has a headless horse. Where did you get it as it seems an unusual but interesting addition to the layout?

It is not a horse JC, it is a Frog. Hornby being dim, what good is a frog Field Marshall in a 00 uk outline layout.

• RMweb Premium

It's alright for some   .....

.........................   all we had was a cardboard box  ..............................     :locomotive:

Stands back and waits   ........   

You were lucky to have a box...................... and all we had to eat for breakfast was cold gravel that we'd picked up from side o' t' road

(And I'm not from Yorkshire)

Cheers,

Mick

There is a Statue, very similar to that one, 1:1 in Exeter - one local chap made good, General Buller, dressed in similar era uniform. It is a hollow Bronze affair and there [was] a hole in the top of the hat.

During one local Uni Rag Week a hole got drilled in an appropriate [some might think very much the opposite to "appropriate"] part of the horse's nether regions - which Widdled for weeks..... :O  :O

The Council toof measures to prevent a recourance of said incident.  ...     

PS - it wasn't me with the drill and imagination to match!!

I did the pictures because of the talk about fish and chip shops and ice cream van, but to be honest, the ready to plonk resins have very little modelling going on. The board is just painted grey, a couple of holes for the lamps and some met calf pavement. Then Kal said do you fancy putting in some PIR and adding a Faller kit so a car or two can run there. And it all ground to a halt until I find an appropriate Faller that although HO looks ok and looks English. That area is do to be lifted and repositioned on 25mm PIR minimum. And the Helicopter area on the far left given a maor overhaul, but first HeartBeat and Gothland.

So first things first a sandpaper to remove any mold markings, and a box to put it all safety away in (dog proof)

The following picture was provided courtesy of mkwolf1877

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72163-arboretum-valley-space-the-final-frontier-to-boldly-go-where-no-layout-has-been-before/page-26&do=findComment&comment=1176397

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

and

Royal%20040.jpg

So as the front door is blue...I'm guessing any matching toilet door would look best a match, if not quite so tidy. I am considering a more worn look...all the pictures i can find can't be published here...but i'm sure you all have the idea anyway.

• Like 2

Jaz

Before you go any further, you should trace the parts onto some paper so that if you make a mistake you can create a replacement out of plasticard and already have a template to do so.