Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi Jaz,

Black is my signature colour - it's all black. The whole wardrobe. The lot! I took a leaf out of Albert Einstein's book - my decisions about what I wear in the morning is nice and easy. Check out the 2012 RMWEB visit to Pendon and Didcot thread and there is a picture of me doing my tour guide bit. If I wore ANY colour other than black at Didcot I think half the staff would faint. Not good when driving a loco so I avoid it!

Some say my wardrobe is boring and predictable - I like to think of it as being dependable...

All the best,

Castle

• Like 2

med_gallery_17883_3112_103899.jpgrmweb1290castle13

med_gallery_17883_3112_469450.jpgrmweb1291castle14

I have not done flat black, but perhaps I shouldI can still see the silver on the hat, though only one shows on the picture. I darkened the face...but I can still see it. In the picture not so much. I'll try it out on the layout tomorrow and we'll see.

• Like 2

Hi Jaz,

If it wasn't absolutely perfect before - it is now! Brilliant - just brilliant!

Why isn't there a 'really like' button on RMWEB?

All the best,

Castle

PS: I have a jacket not unlike that too!

• Like 1

Here are my little angels 

I think Noch or Woodland scenics do a Basset hound. Cutting down the legs on another dog is a good idea too> Be interesting to see what you some up with. 

These dogs are not going to be easy. But I am now looking into this.So we'll see what I can manage, and if the dogs are naff I will look out for more suitable models.

• Like 1

I am average build 6ft, brown hair, tshirt and jeans kinda of guy.......................... perhaps I could be walking my dogs? I have a standard Poodle and a Bassett hound. :D

Well I'll start with the man....because as mentioned that bit is easy. Just off to go find a suitable figure.

Posted Today, 10:33

I had a brain storm overnite regarding the poodle.....flexi-bark can texture the smooth dog I had planned to use as a Doberman, and add the small pop pom on the tail. I can only do one side at a time and wait for it to dry (not a fast process) but here is a taster..

the original smooth dog on the right

med_gallery_17883_3112_144665.jpgp174

and the dog being textured, as this poodle (what's his/her name?)

med_gallery_17883_3112_104243.jpgrmweb1291britfarmer1

Your dog has no idea how lucky it is my Nan had the normal sizes champagne poodle, originally called Poodie, and some times when it came back from the parlour it looked seriously embarrassed.....so lucky in those days they did not paint their dogs as well!!!

http://www.google.co...396258178627491

poodle-flowers.jpgpetsitusa.com

• Like 2

Jaz, this is not meant as a funny comment, honestly, but have you considered taking commissions?

Your painting skills are excellent.

Al.

Thank you. It is a consideration. I have never had anyone ask me though.

I just noticed one of our followers....The Magic Spanner .......has started a layout. It is N gauge, but has some exquisite use of materials. The look infers he has take some careful reference from real countryside.

For anyone interested I have added the link

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/84032-some-where-in-the-north-west-highlands/&do=findComment&comment=1400068

med_gallery_17883_3112_139858.jpgrmweb1292britfarmer2

You can see I have added texture and fattened the lean belly while I was as it, the tail needs to thicken as it reaches the body too

hen this coat is dry I will take one last look then colour it. The advantage with this model is the tail  and the head are both good starting points.

med_gallery_17883_3112_79754.jpgrmweb1293britfarmer3

• Like 1

I have broadened the back slightly, and added some poodle fur on the top of the head and thickened the ears, and I remember the poodle feet don't get the longer hair so thickened the ankles slightly.I now plan to paint.

the original

med_gallery_17883_3112_144665.jpgrmweb1190langel models 11

and the model with flex-bark

med_gallery_17883_3112_19622.jpgrmweb1294britfarmer4

med_gallery_17883_3112_229481.jpgrmweb1295britfarmer5

• Like 1

med_gallery_17883_3112_9048.jpgrmweb1295britfarmer6

med_gallery_17883_3112_23779.jpgrmweb1296britfarmer7

med_gallery_17883_3112_440146.jpgrmweb1297britfarmer8

med_gallery_17883_3112_390730.jpgrmweb1299britfarmer9

Ic think the tail and the shape of the head need a little tweaking.

But I got the dark nose, dark eyes, and the fronts of the ears are dark also. 

I am off to make dinner...anddistance myself from the model...I'll come back and look while I see if I have anything I can use to do the basset hound.

• Like 2

I have this horrible feeling that a Noch one will be far too small next to an 00 poodle. I think I will have a look at building one. I should also get the others out on the layout tomorrow. Today we knocked a poor conifer down that was interfering with our internet, and we tidied the loft for the BT man to get access...to improve the internet. Kal said and I quote....you'll be able to down load and upload pictures faster....... :sungum: So tomorrow it's watson.....But tonite I plan to lounge on the sofa and just read on my iPad.

At least if I can't make a good one there is an optional back up.

• Like 3

Does anyone on here happen to have a Bachmann 08 shunter fitted with a DCC decoder? If so which type of chip did you use and did you use the 8 pin socket or perform a hardwire install? 

• RMweb Premium

I have this horrible feeling that a Noch one will be far too small next to an 00 poodle.

Shouldn't that be a p00dle?

Off to get me coat..........

Cheers,

Mick