Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Well I soaked it in hot water, and went back while it was still warm....not certain how successful it was.....and having decided to go for it I reached for a small file to tidy the glue

before

med_gallery_17883_3113_226448.jpgrmweb3112pylon14

after....lucky the glue is reasonably easily to define, and i left squarish edges as i did not want to file off to much and make it to short

med_gallery_17883_3113_360892.jpgrmweb3114pylon15

and the part in place, there is a small gap...but if the glue holds in place I can paint it after so it  is not too noticeable

med_gallery_17883_3113_486947.jpgrmweb3114pylon16

I just walked over and checked on it....and adjusted it a tad so it aligns from what ever angle you look. Once it dries I will take a picture paint and rephoto.

But am very please, this can now easily be pictured from a number of angles without the repair even being noticeable. :dancer:

Do like your "persistence", with this item, after ,threadtening to raid the dink's cabinet,............last evening... :drag:

Just...........buy one or two,....from Pylonman....much easier,  on the skill front..........and the said cabinet...........

Edited by David Todd

Well if I drop one there is a precedent

_41966504_pylon_ap416.jpgnews.bbc.c

Hmm...........will take note........................"an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances"....................  :drag: .

Edited by David Todd

Hands are shaking.......almost popped the wrong width at the wrong height....glued and everything....luckily popped it next to the finished one and realised... :O  :O  :O

taken off popped on the correct end and repositioned....phew......may need a little while for my heart to stop racing......

Note to self.....pay attention!!!!!! :scared:

These work really well and can be controlled by amount applied

Zap - http://www.supergluecorp.com/zap/zap-z-7-debonder 

More here - http://www.hobbylinc.com/ca-super-glue-debonder 

I used to use the one from the local Aero model shop which was Z-7 by Pacer.  The only thing it didn't remove was a dose of Zap Rapid down a press switch on a Multi type battery charger .....    :jester:   ...........     :O

Edit = spelling  ...

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

A while back mindriver (an updated figure) and her dog Harvey (a scratch built dog belonging to the real mini driver) were seen holidaying on AV but later when looking for a way home she was finding it very difficult.....

and she had been forlornly wandering around AV feeling homesick, there was usually something interesting to do, but she missed home.....and her dog was Harvey not Tonto and she did not have shiny red shoes......

med_gallery_17883_2806_52189.jpgPortlynn Cove whilst getting an ice-cream she checked if any boats went in the direction of her home

med_gallery_17883_2804_323494.jpgChecking out Kalboro Union station but the trains did not go near her home...

She went to Goathland, but the train driver apologised they only went to London and back

med_gallery_17883_2878_532565.jpg

med_gallery_17883_2757_119051.jpgWhilst at the nearby Goathland village by the church she was watching the film crew and she had asked for help and they had advised checking out Zollywood....

and apparently on finding the magical corner of AV she stumbled across Harry and friends and they were able to point her to the Knight Bus...........

med_gallery_17883_2757_137808.jpg

.........as we know she went missing in action...searches were made....but she had appeared to have disappeared........

but finally she has been spotted by the CO at a light sandwich close to her home.......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75123-light-sandwich-with-n-other-idea/&do=findComment&comment=1618814

• Like 7

I was just checking by googling to see how others have done with these pylons, and some bloke claimed his son put each one together in half an hour!!!!!!! Blimey I hope he's exaggerating ...or I really fudged these. I have had to leave components to dry....and then turned each pylon on its side to get the middle two struts to stay in place and not slip down flat.....not to mention the mistakes.....one and a half hours.....for three.....I'm not sure I could go that fast if I did a second set, and know I know the pitfalls. 

I am on the last pylon it is on its side getting half glued in half an hour or so when it is definitely well set I will flip it over and do the other half......maybe I am just over cautious......but I will have then finished......and need to find a safe home for them.....

Chris......that has made me feel much better...

..I was imaging an eleven year old dashing through it in a trice...

..now I am imagining a bloke with loads of experience and a specially equipped table meticulously setting out to fit this in between serious model making.....

actually....he probably makes houses in days.......hmmmmm......maybe it was Allan Downes? Naaaa his dad is still not alive surely??? :jester:

ooooh have you seen Allan Downes latest piece of work??? FAB U LOUS........

• Like 2

I was just checking by googling to see how others have done with these pylons, and some bloke claimed his son put each one together in half an hour!!!!!!! Blimey I hope he's exaggerating ...or I really fudged these. I have had to leave components to dry....and then turned each pylon on its side to get the middle two struts to stay in place and not slip down flat.....not to mention the mistakes.....one and a half hours.....for three.....I'm not sure I could go that fast if I did a second set, and know I know the pitfalls. 

I am on the last pylon it is on its side getting half glued in half an hour or so when it is definitely well set I will flip it over and do the other half......maybe I am just over cautious......but I will have then finished......and need to find a safe home for them.....

Post them to me......next day delivery, ..........should get here by Saterday...............

• Like 1

There's nothing like a fellow Poster cracking Tacky jokes   .....

Stick with it Jaz, if you get stuck ask Jeeves, your really are a Glue ton for punishment, but a Super Glue person, Evo Stick so nice really, hahhahah

Run out of gags so I'm off. hahhah

..............    to pyl-on the pressure   .....    :jester:

Ref: Arboretum Valley...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Wot!!! I wish to register a complaint... (sorry, we're closed for lunch...never mind that..)

Did someone suffer a sense-of-humor breakdown, or did you send the copy-writer packing?

I regularly look forward to the amusing bye-lines for said Layout topic and it seems that has disappeared. I'd like to have the residents of Arboretum Valley stage a protest and insist the copy-writer be reinstated forthwith, otherwise I shall be forced to cancel my subscription!

Signed

Bemused and confused in Minnesota... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

P.S. I'm not good at these things but - "Pyling on the problems" comes to mind! (Coat, hat...)

Edited by Ian Abel

Ref: Arboretum Valley...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Wot!!! I wish to register a complaint... (sorry, we're closed for lunch...never mind that..)

Did someone suffer a sense-of-humor breakdown, or did you send the copy-writer packing?

I regularly look forward to the amusing bye-lines for said Layout topic and it seems that has disappeared. I'd like to have the residents of Arboretum Valley stage a protest and insist the copy-writer be reinstated forthwith, otherwise I shall be forced to cancel my subscription!

Signed

Bemused and confused in Minnesota... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

P.S. I'm not good at these things but - "Pyling on the problems" comes to mind! (Coat, hat...)

Yes the thread owner....is somewhat preoccupied with work.....he did manage to clear off the out of date heading.....and he should hopefully look in this evening and notice....and correct and hopefully update....probably along the lines of Pyl-on on the pressure (already paraphrased by Julian) LOL

At last   .............  recognition   .........................  of the efforts Jaz is making for our education benefit   .........

along the lines of Pyl-on on the pressure (already paraphrased by Julian) LOL

.............    The "Artist in the Sky" has merely been busy adding Power ful Lines to the layout   ........    it is such a relief to be able to clarify the artistic nature of the situation    ................

Edit;-   most readers are too old for education  ....   

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 4

And a quick test on the layout in various places

Kalborough

med_gallery_17883_2760_179516.jpgrmweb3132pylon34

low shot to make it look bigger...

med_gallery_17883_2760_468621.jpgrmweb3129pylon31

med_gallery_17883_2760_295291.jpgrmweb3130pylon32

med_gallery_17883_2760_7846.jpgrmweb3131pylon33

med_gallery_17883_2760_513299.jpgrmweb3128pylon30

I think I hear the sound of an ambulance in the background, and shouting in the not too far distance...

• Like 10

PortLynn 

This picture is a bit rough, but it places the item on the layout...I can't tidy the back wall as I can't reach it without moving the cove...so bear with me

med_gallery_17883_2796_570450.jpgrmweb3124pylon26

because it is about these pictures...

med_gallery_17883_2796_215460.jpgrmweb3125pylon27

the two VW vans are parked and their owners investigating if there is any worthy surfing....and meantime a Network rail van has passed them on his way to a job...

then he has noticed the guys in their shirts and has stopped to have a look.....they are all going to get in trouble soon for blocking the road

med_gallery_17883_2796_466186.jpgrmweb3126pylon28

the pylon works from here nicely though....

med_gallery_17883_2796_290350.jpgrmweb3127pylon29

• Like 11

Hey Jaz

Great progress, and love the pylon ads... you should speak to Neil aka class66 about Keith in his model club makes pylons because he was board and found out he was excellent at them, to which he sells them now.... if you post of photo of a pylon design you prefer, I'm sure Neil can work his magic....

Great work

Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

I like the one in the background.  If you have them towards the front you will need to string cables to them and you might find that they are always in the way.

The one down by the stream looks as if it has gone for a wander by itself, just like the advert.

• Like 1

Jaz,

I like the one in the background.  If you have them towards the front you will need to string cables to them and you might find that they are always in the way.

The one down by the stream looks as if it has gone for a wander by itself, just like the advert.

And up by the farm

med_gallery_17883_3001_307686.jpgrmweb3123pylon25

med_gallery_17883_3001_333069.jpgrmweb3116pylon18

hang on that makes FOUR pylons... :scratchhead: .......they must be breeding :sungum: .......or walking :O

• Like 4