Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I am adding a link to 69843's thread, he does some gorgeous work not scenic, not water, not models of locos...well not yet.....he does CAD designs of locos and other items, and he just does not get the traffic his work deserves, and when you realise how young he is it is truly wonderful stuff, because he is at school he can only work around his studies....He has one of his small designs made up on an extruder (his schools machine)

CAD/3d Fiddlings=

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/77153-69843s-cad3d-fiddlings/page-5&do=findComment&comment=1522544

He has just passed his first year on the thread.....one to watch methinks......

• Like 1

I am adding a link to 69843's thread, he does some gorgeous work not scenic, not water, not models of locos...well not yet.....he does CAD designs of locos and other items, and he just does not get the traffic his work deserves, and when you realise how young he is it is truly wonderful stuff, because he is at school he can only work around his studies....He has one of his small designs made up on an extruder (his schools machine)

CAD/3d Fiddlings=

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/77153-69843s-cad3d-fiddlings/page-5&do=findComment&comment=1522544

He has just passed his first year on the thread.....one to watch methinks......

Having just had a look at the last page, amazing work. I'm now following his thread and need to start reading from Page 1

The doorway needs a step

med_gallery_17883_3113_244832.jpgrmweb3172policehouse40

I cut it to length, filed it, and filled the ends

let it dry, but did not attach it, as I am continuously turn the model over front and back the extra width would be a pain....

med_gallery_17883_3113_197799.jpgrmweb3173policehouse41

but I did check it was about right...

and a temporary white paint...to just cover the green.

med_gallery_17883_3113_447986.jpgrmweb3174policehouse42

I like this as I did not have to align the squareness of the step...and I can use the back to glue to the main model....

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I like it Jaz and am really looking forward to seeing the finished model in place on the layout, good use of the piece of plastic!

But... in the photo on post  7477 it looks like the step extends beyond the dimensions of the door and door frame (to the left at  least, can't see the right.) Or is that just a figment on the photo? I wouldn't normally rivet count so much (not that you get many in stone steps!) but with the exception of the shape of the lintels you've been sticking so close to the picture.

I like it Jaz and am really looking forward to seeing the finished model in place on the layout, good use of the piece of plastic!

But... in the photo on post  7477 it looks like the step extends beyond the dimensions of the door and door frame (to the left at  least, can't see the right.) Or is that just a figment on the photo? I wouldn't normally rivet count so much (not that you get many in stone steps!) but with the exception of the shape of the lintels you've been sticking so close to the picture.

it is not glued in place , and was probably not too accurately placed on the model as it was just balanced....

hopefully when you see it glued it will be ok....fingers crossed....

the V shaped plastic provided me with the sills and lintels

and as the window needed to be set back i added those strip, once the window was pushed back it floated.....so a strip was added at the back to abutt against then the 'window' pressed into place, and a second strip carefully used to attach the window to the model and hold it in place.

med_gallery_17883_3113_161918.jpgrmweb3175policehouse43

top window left before

and after

med_gallery_17883_3113_196376.jpgrmweb3176policehouse44

if the wording is confusing, hopefully the picture helps clarify

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I like the way you have done the vertical window bars. Never thought of putting them behind the gazing! Clever.

That's what I love about RMweb..............always learning. Thanks for sharing your skills.

I double checked the sides, touch up paint, checked the 'stone block' and grouting....before gluing...touching it after would be a COMPLETE pain

med_gallery_17883_3113_24699.jpgrmweb3177policehouse45

two down...

med_gallery_17883_3113_196906.jpgrmweb3178policehouse46

4 and the fancy lintel finish added....just need to replace a lost bit.....

med_gallery_17883_3113_430649.jpgrmweb3179policehouse47

and sort out a top light....above the door....

sort the centre join, add a erin pipe, some curtains.....and cut the side to size :O

• Like 1

I mention earlier that last night I was once again in A+E with my dad, he's fine luckily just bruised this time. Have made an appointment with the doctor to discuss his legs being weak and him not being able to use his zimmer frame because of his recently broken arm.....

am considering locating a second hand one of these!!!!!!

epic-sumo-suit-wrestling-party-houston.j

sumo wrestling body and head protection.....might be warm enough to just pop him outside for some fresh air too......

• Like 1

when I responded earlier I made the mistake of assuming you referred to my model,when post 7477 refers to an original photograph of the police house.

and

You might well be right...I will investigate further. Certainly on the right hand door, the annexe, under the police sign the steps appear to be shaped to account for the slope leading up to the annexe. Which leads one to suspect that should be checked. The annexe door is set higher though, luckily I still have time to check this out....thank you for the pointer :sungum:

Although I could argue it is filmed as though approaching it head on not up the slope on question, but that would be muddying the response, let's see what it actually is, as I do/didintend setting on the slope as per the original so should take it into consideration.

• Like 3

when I responded earlier I made the mistake of assuming you referred to my model,when post 7477 refers to an original photograph of the police house.

and

You might well be right...I will investigate further. Certainly on the right hand door, the annexe, under the police sign the steps appear to be shaped to account for the slope leading up to the annexe. Which leads one to suspect that should be checked. The annexe door is set higher though, luckily I still have time to check this out....thank you for the pointer :sungum:

Although I could argue it is filmed as though approaching it head on not up the slope on question, but that would be muddying the response, let's see what it actually is, as I do/didintend setting on the slope as per the original so should take it into consideration.

There must be a better pic. than ...............this..........  phone them, ask for a better one, tell them, you recreating, their creation,you might get an invite..........

Consulte your Crystal Ball............... :nono:

• Like 1

Unfortunately it has ridges so the paper will not work well. BUT if you paint it just one colour, white or yellow, or red, you can easily weather it with thinned black/brown giving a pleasing result.

David Todd was talking about a master class. I am not master but I think I will give people an insight into how I get the small details.

I have taken a couple of pictures already so will work my way through all the details.Bit at a time.

Thought you might like to see my effort, I covered it in lined paper

post-254-0-20960200-1413558623.jpg

• Like 9

There must be a better pic. than ...............this..........  phone them, ask for a better one, tell them, you recreating, their creation,you might get an invite..........

Consulte your Crystal Ball............... :nono:

This actual police house is NOT in Goathland, apparently it is like 70 miles from Goathland. Also I know from having driven up and down the google version, that there is NO road in front of the side we are looking at. Present Day. anyway. There is a shared road access off the road behind this house then a right hand leads behind the property this house is sited on. The building which once really was a police station goes up a slope and the frontage you see is directly in front of a small field was a narrow walkway going up a slope to the main door then a little higher to the annexe door (where the police sign is shown)

The film crew cheated by filming from that small field in front giving the impression this side of the house is on the roadway which is not accurate. Having seen loads of Heartbeat but mostly prior to trying to model it, I am not aware of another picture. MKwolf1877 pictures are the best I have seen to date...you can see the house from google maps but no better. So I will check back thru all the reference i gathered.

• Like 4

Thought you might like to see my effort, I covered it in lined paper

attachicon.gifpunch&judy.jpg

You proved me wrong, you did a good job of it, and I like the results....it tempts me to replay with mine sometime. Love your toby too.I like the look of the setting...so am just off to investigate your link. :sungum: . Thanks a gain for sharing.

• Like 1

apologies for lack of service....been busy or nattering elsewhere. Plus Kal is still laughing at one of my purchases. I saw this oxford mini, and thought Twiggy? Mini? Sure add it to the list.....

MUST READ PRODUCTS MORE CAREFULLY.......

med_gallery_17883_2781_84812.jpg

your thinking....the colour is going to look out of place?

least of my problems......LOL

look at the scale!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2781_15647.jpg

But lets be honest ....it could have been so much worse......

• Like 1

apologies for lack of service....been busy or nattering elsewhere. Plus Kal is still laughing at one of my purchases. I saw this oxford mini, and thought Twiggy? Mini? Sure add it to the list.....

MUST READ PRODUCTS MORE CAREFULLY.......

med_gallery_17883_2781_84812.jpg

your thinking....the colour is going to look out of place?

least of my problems......LOL

look at the scale!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2781_15647.jpg

But lets be honest ....it could have been so much worse......

nowt wrong with the scale as it fits in well for zollywoods new film  - honey I blew up the car

• Like 1

nowt wrong with the scale as it fits in well for zollywoods new film  - honey I blew up the car

lifesaver!!!! What a clever idea..... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: .......just going to check out all the other stuff we have that is not 1:76 !:72 !:87.........thunderbirds, stingray, 007, scaletrix??? :jester:

• Like 1

...................................................................................               ........................

lifesaver!!!! What a clever idea..... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: .......just going to check out all the other stuff we have that is not 1:76 !:72 !:87.........thunderbirds, stingray, 007, scaletrix??? :jester:

....................................               ........................                        ...............                        ........         :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

..............................           ...............